China World Championship basketballl(R)

Discussion in 'China' started by Excape Goat, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Through to the 16 after beating Slovenia 78-77... Wang shipeng scored a 3-ponter to win the game. Slovenia was leaduing by 4 points with less than 2 minutes to play. Wang scored to put China ahead with 3 seconds to go.

2. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    yes very lucky win. We depend too much on Yao Ming. If he suck, then we all suck. If he good , then we are good. I don't know how good is greece, do you know? also how is the chance of china beating greece.

3. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Doesn't Olympiakos also have a basketball team?

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All I know basketball is a big sport in Greece. All the major football team has a team.

5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    China was bound to be decimated by Greece. Look at our **********ing players - nobody played good defense. Everyone was sloppy and lazy, not tenacious at all. Then look at Greece -- Full court press every single fecking time. Pressing the bejesus out of our pathetic players. How many turnovers were there? 20 to their 3? That's how you win - by playing great defense like Greece did.

Even with 10 Yao Ming we won't be able to win with this kind of lazy defense. Feck it.

7. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Did Yao Ming play tenacious defense?

So the main problem for China is guard play? Are the Chinese guards smaller or bigger than their opponents? Size can't help guards if they lack speed and endurance.

8. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Get through to the round of 8, that's all I expect.

I am dissapointed that Yi Jianlian didn't get a lot of playing time. There's scouts everwhere and this is the time for China to show off how good he is.

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Chen Jianghua is a tiny guy. They double-teamed him when he is on the floor. He cannot get out of situation with two big guys surrounding him. But he is only 17 years old.... the future lies with him. Yi Jianlian might be overrated. I just did not see him as the lottery pick at this point. having siad that, I saw Yao Ming at 18 years old and thought that he was the worst Chinese basketball player on the floor.

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    How is Xue Yuyang doing? I remember him being drafted second to last in the year after Yao.

11. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Defense is a big problem for China. But size isn't the most important. We got outhussled and outplayed. Our D was very slack, leaving much room for Greece to manuver. To win in this type of high level competition, you need to play in-your-face defense. We didn't do that at all.

What's with China's Men's basketball and soccer players?? I haven't seen one single pro player in either sport in China who is very very tenacious a la Gattuso in soccer. Most of them are laid back and slackers like Zhang Yuning. (no offense to his supporters... LOL)

12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I do not know him. He was a surprise pick. He was never rated highly in NBA and/or China before the draft. He entered the draft without official permission that year and people just thought he was crazy since he was nowhere near a draft pick level. I have no collection of his performance in the WC. Was he there???

13. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    He must have had a cunning agent since he was drafted. :D

14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As I recalled, he was with HK Dragon, a Shenzhen-based team in CBA. They were at the bottom of CBA table. He was not getting paid. His agent was using NBA to get him out of his contract. I might mistake him for someone else.