China wins World War III?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ludahai, Sep 17, 2003.

1. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The Netherlands will wait for Anne Frank to pick a side first.

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: China wins World War III?

Thank god. I don't trust anybody who doesn't get drunk and laid on a regular bases.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Hey, don't make fun of Holland. At least they know have to have a good time.

4. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    But not grow to the level of the US.

All 3 of those nations (US, India, Russia) face the same primary threat (Islamic fundamentalism) and the same secondary threat (China). The US is allied with Gen. Musharraf's government and helps prop him up, but this is actually favorable to India because if Musharraf is overthrown he will likely be replaced by an Islamic fundamentalist who wouldn't be beyond nuking Bombay. The Indians talk tough against Musharraf because they pretty much have to, but they know that his being deposed would be the worst thing that could happen to them.

The Indians and Russians trust the Chinese about as much as I do. They may make diplomatic overtures towards the Chinese, but they won't ever ally themselves with them (even when they had ideologically similar governments they weren't able to band together for more than a decade or so). China still claims parts of India and, I believe, Russia as its own. The Russians sell them weapons because they are cash-starved and don't really have a choice, but Russia's future--especially under Putin--lies with the West.

It'll be in their interests to ally with the US.

5. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Re: Re: China wins World War III?

Oh, this is mild compared to some of the stuff I see on those boards. You should see what they say about the United States and Taiwan!

6. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Here's a quick question, Who was Germany's largest trading partner before attacking France? No that's too obvious. How about this one, Who was Germany's largest trading partner before they attacked Russia? Hmmm. No that's an easy one too. :)

7. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    True. And we need them to make our stuff.

8. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And people say globlisation is a bad thing. Hey, if it prevent massive wars it's a good thing.

9. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Might be so, but if Mr Bush gets to piss off the rest of the world for another 4 years I'm pretty sure that best interests won't always be a priority. If 'best interest' would be the most logical priority all the time this world would be very different. Besides that, best interests are relative.

But the future will tell. Anything can happen.