China vs Iran [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by athena20, Jul 12, 2007.

1. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    ok just want to know what you think about the coming up game. I would say we will beat those hairy 2-1. Also I think we need to have Dong up front playing and our defence need to be more alert.

2. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Re: China vs iran

i think a draw is the best that China can do against Iran. I am predicting that China will lose by 2 goals.

3. PKchoppa

PKchoppa New Member

Jan 10, 2007

agree best china will do is draw....... wont be lucky this time... switch dong as a striker now!!!

1-1 prediction......... but probably will be 2-0

4. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

1. Need to work on set piece defense. Horrible against Malaysia. If they play like that against Iran...well, let's hope they do better.
    2. Right wing needs better speed. Not sure how to fix it but need to fix it. Mao Jianqing is doing good on the left but right side is lacking in speed.
    3. More creativity. Shao Jiayi and Zheng Zhi need to be more creative. Only person that did good last game was Mao Jianqing. Need more Mao!
    4. DMF needs to improve, i.e. Zhou Haibin. Maybe replace him with Li Tie? Zhou didn't do much and committed some stupid errors last game. Won't cut it against Iran.
    5. More decisive. Even the CCTV commentator said a lot of the times when they are open or have a shot, the Chinese players didn't know what to do. They need to just take a shot or pass. I vote for shot always, never know what's going to happen if you put a ball on target.
    6. Better finishing. Make the shots on target and make it count.

Prediction: 1-1

5. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I'd choose the same lineup as against Malaysia but switching Zhu Ting for Wang Dong and (though it kills me to say it) Zhao Xuri for Zhou Haibin (the pain, the pain, but Tie zi just didn't cut it during his time as a sub last game).

I believe it will be either a 1-0, 2-1 (for either side) or 2-2 result...

I'm predicting 1-0 for us, we get a 1st half goal on the counter attack and then sit back and defend the rest of the game...No matter what, I can't see this being an exciting game...

6. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    4-0! we win

Honestly, i mean we'll win by one goal

7. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    the match against Iran will be former team China captain Li Weifeng's 100rd International A appearence

8. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    China 0-2 Iran

Is the guy who "pushed" Shao Jiayi still playing for the NT?

9. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The CCTV commentator said that he had 93 caps only (the match against Malaysia not included). I am not sure which one is true. Maybe the "100" one includes some non A matches?

10. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    CCTV follows Stats on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_national_football_team

Obviously I've done a accurate stat here, based on My stat he has 99 caps 11 goals before Asian Cup that's includes the match against Bulgaria in 2005 which is not fully A match. according to Li weifeng himself and stats from other Chinese media, the match against Iran will be the 100th so basically i'm doing well on stats :D

http://www.cnhubei.com/200707/ca1383287.htm
    http://sports.northeast.cn/system/2007/07/12/050890050.shtml

11. Lions of Asia

Lions of Asia New Member

Jun 4, 2007
    If we play well, Iran can probably hold to win. If not we won't be as lucky as the Uzbekistan game and make our attack after forty minutes of crappy play. Prediction 2-1 (can go either way)

PS~ to the starter of the thread, you dont need to call us hairy. If you want to make a thread at least do it with the decency of showing some respect to the opposition. Also if you post back to me, dont bring of the Borhani situation, cause hes a really stupid player and I completely regret what he did. Too bad he now has 1.3 billion enemies.

12. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I agree, name calling isn't nice. Us Chinese brothers should not sink to that level. Even if some of the Iranian posters in their forums have called us names (regardless of who has started it), we should still show class and not do the samething (two negatives don't make it better).

I honestly think Iran will win this game. I am a die heart Chinese supporter but I am just being realistic. Iranian players still has revenge in their minds from Asian Cup 2004, and they still feel that the game should have been theirs. If China plays hard and minimize silly errors, the best result is a draw and nothing better.

However, Australia, with all of its European based players (full team) still lost to Iraq 3-1. Therefore, anything can happen, but don't count on it.

13. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Borhani situation what is that? All I remember is Iranians slapping each other like little girls during the last AC... :)

I'm going with a dire 1-1 draw, where both teams sit back after the 70th minute.

14. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i say 2-1 for iran.
    iran's winning goal at the dying minutes.
    with the inconsistent defence :(

15. asiancupupdate

asiancupupdate New Member

Jun 25, 2007
  16. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    If China can hold Iran without scoring within the first 30 mins, I can safely say China will do no worse than a draw. If they give up a goal within the first 30 mins, China will lose.

17. Slick D

Slick D New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    I'm predicting a goal-fest for Iran. I say Iran 4 - China 1 (maybe 2 if they get lucky again).

18. dalianho

dalianho New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Toronto-CDN
    its gonna be a close match, tight in the midfield. the wingers on both sides will try to make runs on the flanks. should be a fun match.

2-1 for CHN

19. asiancupupdate

Jun 25, 2007
    Don't get all worked up for nothing. There are arrogant hostile stupid people on both sides, as well as fair friendly intelligent ones.

20. asiancupupdate

Jun 25, 2007

I'm predicting a tougher match than that.........maybe 2:2.

Du Wei is playing. So it's a guarantee that Iran will be able to score on us, probably more than once.

21. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    well me like Du wei and think he is better than Zheng Yoquan. But how do you know he is playing?

22. asiancupupdate

Jun 25, 2007

Du Wei is very leaky. After that Scotland trip he has become a completely different player for the worse.

I read something off the web. Not for sure actually. But Zhu seems to like him better for this Iran game.

23. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    Hopefully it will be a nice exciting match :)

24. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    I heard ur government blocks google searches. Nice way to keep ppl free. And all Iranians are successful in Western countries unlike ur ppl who sell fake goods and arrive in US on banana boats. :)

25. asiancupupdate

Jun 25, 2007

It's a tradeoff isn't it. Air vs ground. One leak from Du Wei can become fatal. Don't forget we have another habitual leaker in the form of Li Weifeng, who "passed" the ball comfortable to a Malaysia player.

I wish he didn't go to Scotland and lost all his confidence after the ill-fated stint. He had that superstar look on him once upon a time.

Here's the article I read,
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/n/2007-07-14/00533038035.shtml