China NT 2015 Thread (Post-Asian Cup)

Discussion in 'China' started by shinpath, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buggy88

Buggy88 Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Upsets aplenty. Iran and Japan knocked out as well. Australia has a better chance of winning the cup now.

2. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :eek: WHAT

Wow that has to make Aussies the unquestionable bookies favourites, and just think if Perrin decided to go for it against the Aussies, China would probably have their best chance ever to win this thing, Ow well I can dream, but seriously China had a decent tournament and it looks like were progressing.

3. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    I'm not even South American and I would've given a foul. Cahill was clearly late to contest the header and looked like he was going more for ZZ's head than the ball.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/n/2015-01-23/15557494450.shtml

4. kurutoga2k7

kurutoga2k7 Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    That was my impression after seeing the replay. However, things are further complicated by another defender (Zhang Linpeng?) jumping at the same time, effectively blocking ref's view. I wish ZZ just head the ball out of bounds. Wang Dalei should have reached to the loose ball as #2's header floats in the air.

The best opportunity for China early was Zhang Linpeng's low cross just in front of Australia's goal. He passed into a crowd of defenders. If that pass was chipped to the back, there was almost no defenders.

5. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    China has went up 14 places on the FIFA rankings (from 96 to 82) due to their performance at the Asian Cup. They're now in a position to be in Pot 1 seeding for 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

gold4278, Puckodum and KiarashM repped this.
  6. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  7. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    NATIONAL CALL UP AGAINST TUNISIA AND HAITI:

运 动 员:(23名)

广州恒大俱乐部官方微博):于汉超、郑 智、梅 方、郜 林、冯潇霆
    Guangzhou Evergrande: Yu Hanchao, Zheng Zhi, Mei Fang, Gao Lin, Feng Xiaoting

北京国安:朴 成、张呈栋、杨 智
    Beijing Guoan: Piao Cheng, Zhang Chengdong, Yang Zhi

广州富力:姜至鹏、金洋洋
    Guangzhou Fuli: Jiang Zhipeng, Jin Yangyang

山东鲁能:王大雷、张文钊、杨 旭
    Shandong Luneng: Wang Dalei, Zhang Wenzhao, Yang Xu

上海上港:颜骏凌、武 磊、蔡慧康、于 海
    Shanghai SIPG: Yan Junling, Wu Lei, Cai Huikang, Yu Hai

江苏舜天:任 航、吉 翔、吴 曦、刘建业、孙 可
    Sainty: Ren Hang, Ji Xiang, Wu Xi, Liu Jianye, Sun Ke

重庆力帆:张池明
    Chongqing Lifan: Zhang Chiming

Radu Razvan and Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  8. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ADJUSTMENT AND REVISION OF NATIONAL CALL-UP:
    (as of March 21st)

Sun Ke (injured) --> Yu Dabao (Beijing Guoan)
    Zheng Zhi (injured) --> Gu Cao (Henan Jianye)
    Zhang Chengdong (injured) --> Zhang Lu (Shanghai Shenhua)

9. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Is zhang linpeng injured? Also no Zhang Xizhe? Perrin should just do the guy a favor and get him some game action.

10. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    zhang linpeng is injured
    and zhang xizhe doesn't have playing time. even if zhang xizhe has playing time, it seems that huang bowen and him never fall into perrin's radar.

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    worth to mention the following:

piao cheng: first call up to national team under perrin.
    jin yangyang, gu cao, zhang chiming, zhang lu: all being called up to the national team for the first time.

12. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  13. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    regarding the recent friendly:

china 2-2 haiti

yang xu and yu dabao scored. wang dalei made a mistake to allow the haiti first goal.
    zhang chiming completed his debut for the national team.

highlight: http://v.opahnet.com/soccer/v475424.html

14. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Friendly against Tunisia:

HT China 0-1 Tunisia

China line-up:

Wang Dalei
    Ji Xiang-Feng Xiaoting (c)-Ren Hang-Jiang Zhipeng
    Wu Xi-Cai Huikang-Liu Jianye
    Wu Lei-Yang Xu-Yu Hanchao

Pretty even first half with both teams trying to play counter attacking football. It didn't really pick up until the 34 min when China had a spell of pressure with Feng Xiaoting's header being cleared of the line. Tunisia would soon have their moments of pressure and ended up scoring thanks to a Feng Xiaoting losing the ball in the middle of the park. Despite a brief recovery Mohamed Ali Moncer scored from the following cross.

15. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    bench yu hanchao

16. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    FT China 1-1 Tunisia

Yu Dabao scored in extra time though there was a suspicion that Ren Hang was off-side but was he interfering? Anyway it's hard to judge the second half because of the many subs but from what I've gathered China were certainly more attacking in the second half. Wu Xi, Cai Huikang, Liu Jianye was way too defensive, which meant no one from midfield would or could hold the ball in the attacking third. Piao Cheng came on and it looked like he controlled the midfield better but it's hard to judge because he just may have been fresher then the others, that goes the same for Zhang Chiming. Anyway it was a decent result from a good side if China can get a good balance in midfield then I think Perrin could have a genuinely decent side.

17. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Wang Dalei with another penalty save and another big save on the rebound

18. Buggy88

Buggy88 Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/n/2015-04-01/20467561775.shtml

Based on the most recent friendlies, China has secured one of the group seeds.
    Tier 1 - Iran, Japan, South Korea, Australia, UAE, Uzbekistan, China, Iraq
    Tier 2 - Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Jordan, Bahrain, Vietnam, Syria, Kuwait
    Tier 3 - Afghanistan, Philippines, Palestine, Maldives, Thailand, Tajikistan, Lebanon, India
    Tier 4 - East Timor, Kyrgyzstan, North Korea, Myanmar, Singapore, Turkmenistan, Indonesia, Bhutan
    Tier 5 - Malaysia, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Yemen, Guam, Laos, Cambodia, Taiwan

My opinion
    Tier 2's Arab teams are about on-par with China. Vietnam is slightly weaker but catching up.
    Tier 3 and 4 should be no problem except for a few dark horses such as North Korea or Thailand.
    Tier 5 should pose no problems at all for China.

As for Tier 1, China is definitely weaker than the 4 WC-2014 sides (Iran, Japan, South Korea, Australia), is slightly weaker than Iraq, and about on-par with UAE and Uzbekistan.

Your thoughts?

19. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Looks like a fair assessment to me. Thanks to a decent Asian Cup showing we managed to get top seed and avoid some of the powerhouses. I think it's safe to say that everyone would want us from the top seed if they could choose.

I'm not too sure where our actual level is at the moment though, two very dissapointing friendlies recently and Perrin's call-ups and playing people out of position doesn't help that much either, hopefully he has figured something out when the qualifiers starts.

20. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well he was missing some key players like Zhang Linpeng and Zhang Chengdong. Mei Fang and Feng Xiaoting need to be dropped. That backline was terrible

21. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I rate Chinese football much higher than Iraq's. I found China's performance at the last Asian Cup impressive and solid especially in the group stage, I don't think they will face problems against the Iraqi's. The way I see it, there is a realistic chance to at least reach the play-offs round for a WC 2018 ticket. :thumbsup:

Also really looking forward to see Zhang Xizhe getting playing minutes for Wolfsburg.

Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  22. Buggy88

Buggy88 Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The draw has just been made.

China is grouped in Group #3, with Qatar, Maldives, Bhutan and Hong Kong.
    Acceptable. Qatar is the only serious opponent to look out for. The rest of the three, do not be complacent, win the weaker teams as much as possible, do not be content with just 1 goal. (That was what happened during last Asia Cup qualifiers when China drew with Indonesia 1-1 away and later finished 3rd in group).

Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  23. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Totally excited for the Hong Kong-China game.

Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  24. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Friendlies before World Cup qualifiers ?

25. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    no friendlies announced.