China NT 2015 Thread (Post-Asian Cup)

Discussion in 'China' started by shinpath, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My mistake Karim Boudiaf is not French he's Algerian. If I'm gonna call someone out as a cheating piece of crap whose destroying his heritage, family and the respect of his country to be a mercenary then I need to get my facts straight from which country this piece of crap mercenary originality came from. :)

2. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I totally agree with you and China did do it with Gao Hongbo with mixed results, he did know all the local players and he introduced many new faces but he was tactically naive. Unfortunately this is the case with too many Chinese managers who haven't been helped by the clubs who brought in foreign managers believing them to be better stifling the chances of young Chinese managers.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  3. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I honestly dont know if we are going to make it out of the second round at this rate....even if we do with Perrin no way we are ever going to get past the third round

Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  4. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Perrin out, please !!!

Zhou Jiabao and Buggy88 repped this.
  5. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Lost the game in the first 20 mins, too defensive let Qatar wave after wave of attacks and left Yu Dabao totally isolated. You can argue all you want about the limited talent available, which is true but Alain Perrin certainly handicapped himself by not selecting Gao Lin, Zhang Xizhe and Huang Bowen. Gao Lin I heard was disrespectful to the manager but Zhang Xizhe and Huang Bowen what's his beef with them?

6. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Perrin has been mediocre with managing China so far. His only good performances were in the AFC Asian Cup. Other than that it's been poor performances after poor performances. He needs to leave.

7. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Sigh that's what happens when you leave your best offensive players home. Huang Bowen is in the form of his life right now and he seriously thinks Wu Xi is better? lol anybody with half a brain will choose Zhang Xizhe and Huang Bowen instead. Also I didn't watch the whole game, but does Cai Huikang have to be there with Zheng Zhi in midfield? I mean he doesn't offer much going forward...

8. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    CFA announces the 24-man squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Bhutan on 12 Nov and Hong Kong on 17. The intensive training will be from 7 to 17.

Player list:

Beijing Guo'an: Yu Dabao, Zhang Xizhe

Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao: Huang Bowen, Mei Fang, Yu Hanchao, Zeng Cheng, Zhang Linpeng, Zheng Long, Zheng Zhi, Zou Zheng

Guangzhou R&F: Jiang Zhipeng

Henan Jianye: Bi Jinhao

Jiangsu Sainty: Ji Xiang, Ren Hang, Sun Ke, Wu Xi

Shandong Luneng: Wang Dalei, Wang Yongpo, Yang Xu

Shanghai SIPG: Cai Huikang, Wu Lei, Yan Junling, Yu Hai

Rayo Vallecano: Zhang Chengdong

Finally Huang Bowen and Zhang Xizhe are in the team!

Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  9. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Great to see Zhang Xizhe and especially Huang Bowen (who's been out of the national team for so long) back. No Gao Lin though...

Radu Razvan repped this.
  10. Buggy88

Buggy88 Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  11. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    China won 12-0 against Bhutan the other day. Next match is against Hong Kong which is a must win.

12. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Every game is a must win if we want to advance to the third round.

13. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well....there goes any chance of qualification. Had a clear goal not given and hit to post 4 times...

14. Buggy88

Buggy88 Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    At a loss for words. Why does China play so badly during these games? How can we qualify for WC2022? Some objective answers please. I'm not good at analyzing team performance... but just would like some answers. Hopefully China can qualify for WC at least once more in my lifetime. This sort of performance, might never get my wish.

15. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just had a look at the score, China are effectively out (I told you the Hong Kong ties would be tough). Anyway Perrin couldn't cut it and I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone, bad tactics against Qatar and dropping Zhang Xizhe and Huang Bowen from the earlier games will probably be used against him. No point in really following this team until they bring in a juggernaut of a character like Lippi to turn things around or wait for the first generation of China's 50 point-plan to come through.

16. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Shame. shame and shame !!!!

17. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Honestly I've never been a proponent for big coaching changes at the NT level because I've always thought that the problem had lay with player mentality rather than coaching. This was until Evergande + Lippi showed us all that Chinese players can win something (albeit with a lot of talented foreign players).

This time around I definitely think the talent is there. I always think there is an element of mentality being poor - you see SK, Japan, and Aussies playing their hearts out til the end with the never give up attitude. These teams rarely collapse completely against Asian teams. What makes us different? Our players and coaches seem to have this inferiority complex the second they take the big stage and start going into a shell. When the first 20 minutes don't go well and we don't score against supposedly weak opponents, we start panicking and losing sight of the long game. This has happened so many times in friendlies and competitive games, where we go all out against teams that simply sit back and probe us for the first half, then we collapse in the second.

I'm under no illusions that the current Chinese team even deserves to make it into the World Cup, but to drop points to Hong Kong and Qatar just points to the same old inconsistency that has plagued this team for decades. Inconsistency only arises from bad mentality, because technically we're quite good - and most foreign coaches remark about this when they come. Inconsistency is driven by tactical ineptitude, which hopefully we will be fixing with better grassroots programs and better coaching in general. But to me there's always that something else... this weakness of mentality that needs a good leader to fix. Lippi could do it. It seems like Scolari can at least do it with his current group. It really is time to get a big time coach with a proven record with national teams under pressure. Question is who wants to stick their neck out for this career killing job?

Honestly though, we really are the England of Asia.

heyheyhe11, Zhou Jiabao and YenSter repped this.
  18. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It is necessary replay the game !!!!!

19. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Bring in a 'big' manager isn't always the answer. You maybe able to bring them in the club level simply forking out insane amount of money(thanks to alibaba). But to the national team?. Hasn't worked now, so if it was up to me, you have to perrin at least manage out the final two games. There are still chance of China making it to the final round if they do win their final two games(home game against Qatar, should be all out war).

If China do not make it, then fire Perrin. But only this time start with a domestic coach who coached from the youth national team. Figure out what works for team China and set a long term plan to qualify for 2022 World Cup. It's not going to be easy considering already packed Asia side is only given 4, 5 max tickets.

20. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To organize immediately a petition to ask to the Fifa to nreply this game !!!

21. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Oh no, firing Perrin now would be disastrous. I definitely won't support that. All I'm saying is that we need a manager who can manage the weak mentality of the NT. There are lots of problems with the Chinese system, but I think the team as is has the ability to go beyond where we are now, and the mental ineptitude is holding us back greatly. We can look at the performance as the Asian Cup, and contrast that to what we saw against Qatar and both games against HK. Why the inconsistency?

With regards to coaching, I think having a domestic coach is great in that they can motivate better with the native tongue, and perhaps forge closer relationships with players with a better understanding of Chinese culture. However, truth be told, we don't have tactically astute managers who are proven winners. Respect is a big thing at the NT level, and unfortunately players with egos just don't respect managers that they view as below them.

22. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So technically there is still a possibility of advancing.

This is all assuming that we beat both Qatar (unlikely) and Maldives

To qualify we would have to be within the top 4 of the second placed teams. If China wins their last two games it they would have 11 points. So assuming that we win both games:

Group A:
    UAE is currently at 7 points. Their last two games are against Palestine and Saudi Arabia. Last time they drew against Palestine and lost to Saudi Arabia. We only need them to lose once since their GD is too great to catch up. This will most likely be against Saudi Arabia on the last matchday. However they are at home. This group is most likely the one that would decide whether or not we qualify

Group B:
    After Jordan's loss to Kyrgyzstan today, we have a good chance of placing above them. Jordan is currently on 7 points. They will for sure beat Bangladesh, but their last game is against Australia away. I do not see Australia losing this game. Even if there is a tie, China will have a superior GD

Group D:
    After today's loss against Turkmenistan, Oman are in a similar situation to us. They have to beat Iran to have any chance of qualifying. However, we have a better GD so far. I don't see Oman beating Iran either

Group E:
    No chance unless Syria lose to both bottom-placed Cambodia and Japan. Their GD is too high to catch up.

Group F:
    Very Little chance of beating Iraq. Only chance is if they lose to either Thailand or Vietnam, both of which I do not see happening. If per chance they do, then we will have to do well to beat them on GD. If Iraq wins both, then we wont be able to catch up with Thailand.

Group G:
    Kuwait and Lebanon are both on 7 points, and both have yet to face Korea Republic a second time. Thus since they are both very likely to lose to SK, there is a high chance that we can get above Group G. Kuwait's participation is also in jeopardy

Group H:
    Very little chance unless Philippines beats or draws North Korea. If it is a draw then China will win on GD.

So realistically, the groups that we are most likely to be placed above are:
    Group A (least likely)
    Group B
    Group D
    Group G

Again, this is assuming we beat Qatar and Maldives. But at least theres still hope.

Buggy88, Zhou Jiabao and napolisoccer repped this.
  23. Buggy88

Buggy88 Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  24. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  25. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    new thread for 2016 created. thanks for your continuous support.