China National Team Achievements

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Yabyab, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Yabyab

Yabyab New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    I read a good article about China and it kind of intrigued me about the future of the team and how are they going to plan for future competitions. So I was wondering if anyone here knows the achievements of China National Team in Local and International competitions.

I know they came second in the previous Asian Cup, and qualified to World Cup 2002.

2. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

They have some accomplishment for Asian Cup. 2 time runner up, and they usually make the knock out stage. They've made it to the world cup once and got outscored 0-9 with no points. That sums up everything. Go to www.fifa.com and you will see everything

3. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    You can tell when you come up to the empty cabinet LOL

4. Yabyab

Yabyab New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Thank you Chinesefootballfan

5. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    who the hell asked you for your opinion? don't you have a chinese hater club meeting to go to?

6. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The reason they Qualfied to WC2002 is becuz FIFA helped them by putting them in an easy group with only while KSA Iran Iraq, and Bahrain were in one group.

Yes China has a strong team but what happened at WC2002 qualifiers was shameful.

7. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    I couldn't put it any better mate :D

but again history doesn't show the quality of a team, China today is among the toughest in Asia, where was Greece before the EC2004???

China are finalists in the AC2004 and that shows their capability

I wish every peice of good luck to China in the future

8. Korean Tiger

Korean Tiger Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    If Korea and Japan had participated in the qualifiers, China couldn't have qualified the World Cup 2002.

Just my two cents. :)

9. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    just to add another cent to your two cent.

if Japan and South Korea was involved, there would have been 4 and possible of 5 spots availabe for Asia. Japan and South Korea was not involved, so there were only 2 and possible of 3 spots available. So, if everyone was in the qulification round, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan would have got the top 3 spot and who's to say China would have no chance for the 4th and possible 5th spot?

Your 2 cents is just speculation without proof. Take your 2 cents and shove it. If you want to diss China for this year, I would agree. But don't bring out points that you have no proof for.

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Word...

11. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Those are the only two notable recent Chinese NT accomplishments as far as actual competition goes.

However, please note that China jumped 30+ spots in FIFA ranking in the last 12 months. I believe they will continue to climb up the ranking.

It's just too bad that they could not win AC in their home, and failed to advance to next round of WC06 qualifying. Perhaps, it wasn't there time yet.

12. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The Fifa rankings won't matter until China's back in the Asian Cup 2008 or World Cup 2010.

Nothing matters besides World Cup actually. So sad...................