Chilenos en México (R)

Discussion in 'Chilenos en el Exterior' started by MetroChile, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Re: CHUPETE Suazo, OR Mancilla, I.Fuentes, O.González, Droguett, etc.) (R)

Los chilenos en general desarrollamos nuestro temple después de la adolescencia (Somos en general, muy inmaduros). No es raro que los jugadores buenos aquí surgan tras los 21 años de edad. Te apostaría que muchos de aquellos sub-20 o sub-17 de hoy, que no obtienen grandes resultados en sus respectivas categorías, cuando sean mayores serán figuras indiscutidas no solo en Chile, sino que en otros lugares también.
    ;)

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: CHUPETE Suazo, OR Mancilla, I.Fuentes, O.González, Droguett, etc.) (R)

MUY BUEN COMENTARIO, QUE AFIRMA LO QUE decimos en el foro colombiano, en la discusion de los jugadores de mas de 30 que estan en seleccion.

resulta que los foristas nacidos en usa/europa, de padres colombianos y aficionados, o que llegaron antes delos 11 o 9 an`os, no se dan cuenta de lo que tu dijiste tan elocuentemente, aplica para la mayoria de las naciones conMebol........ el resto de mi teoria, es que son tan inmaduros que la seleccion les queda grande hastalos 29 o 30.... pues de los 18 a 22 se la pasan buscando salir del pais, y aprovechando las selecciones juveniles, de los 21 a los 26 si estan cobrando en euros, se sienten realizados y dejan a un lado la seleccion, para sentir solo el color del club que paga..... hasta que la experiencia fuera del pais les abre los ojos a LA IMPORTANCIA DE la seleccion nacional.

3. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Re: Chilenos en México (Suazo, Mancilla, I.Fuentes, O.González, Droguett, etc.) (R)

Monterrey dice que Suazo vale 25 millones de dolares. Es oficial, Suazo nunca sera vendido a un club europeo. Lo importante es que el club mexicano lo esta pagando bien.

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  5. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Re: Chilenos en México (Suazo, Mancilla, I.Fuentes, O.González, Droguett, etc.) (R)

Si les molesta tanto que no esté para los festejos, que nos lo devuelvan a Colo-Colo, que harto lo necesitamos
    :p

6. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

I doubt there are many players out there with a better highlight reel than Suazo....he only scores golazos, it's almost absurd.

He hasn't had the 'recorrido' of the other two, but i'm starting to think that Suazo = Salas = Zamorano....he's not far from it, at least.

Is there a better forward outside of europe?

7. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I thought the same of cabanas, to me cabanas and suazo were the best strikers, playing in Latin America. there so damn similar n amazing. only golazos also

one can not say cabanas is better, and not can not say suazo is better? anybody dare? to me they were tie

8. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

they're both phenomenal, and comparable in many ways like you said. Its too bad that Cabanas will probably never play competitively again.

I'd personally take Suazo because he seems more able to create his own opportunities, is faster, and can play on the flanks.

but both are phenomenal.

9. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley

I'll say Suazo is better for numeral reasons , One being he creates more scoring opportunities and I think makes a bigger impact on his team.

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Personally, I would still say that both Zamorano and Salas were (slightly) better simply because they both had very good experiences in Europe. Imo, that is what is Suazo is missing but we probably will never get to see move across the pond again as a result of what Monterrey are asking for. :eek:

That's not to say he's not a top2-3 striker on this side of the pond. :cool:

11. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Droguett will start wearing the #33 on his shirt while he plays for Cruz Azul.

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Has: vamos a tener un thread exclusivo para MAF o todas sus noticias van a ir acá??

13. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

I think we should keep him here for the time being because Veracruz is in the second division. If MAF makes a move to the Mexican first division in the future, then we should look into giving him his own thread.

14. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

its an interesting question though. I still think that if you had all three on their best day, Salas would leave the other two behind by miles (one of the most complete forwards i've ever seen). but his peak was short, and his career fell apart early. Zamorano had more longevity but to me was less impactful on his teams.

What would it take for Suazo to be the best, or at least tied with these two?
    is it really only possible if he goes and triumphs in europe? what if he breaks the record for national team goals and wins a libertadores or something? what would it take?

15. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Zamorano, less impact in his teams ?
    Sorry, but, are you crazy ?

Ask the people from Cobreandino, Cobresal and Colo-Colo in Chile, Real Madrid and Sevilla (Spain), Inter (Italy), Saint Gallen (Switzerland) and America (Mexico), in other words all the teams he played for in his longlife career, what they think about the sentence you just wrote about him.

The man was a God in all his teams, and whenever somebody came in and put a question mark on his quality, he shut the guys mouth with goals (Valdano in Real madrid, comes to my mind), my friend. He is beloved in all the teams he played as one of the best players they had in their respective team histories.

Imho, no one is even close to what Zamorano achieved, in a time that the European market, wasn`t open for Chilean players. He paved the way for all of the rest, Salas included among them, who after Zamorano`s success had it much more easy for him. Zamorano had to struggle great part of his career against the regular belief that Chilean players only suceeded within Chile, and once they played outside they would fail.

Now only refering to performance in the National Team, Salas has been the best of all times. He is top scorer in it, and he deserves that position, above every body else. Zamorano in the National team, had a bigger impact as a leader in the team, than a scorer, although he is second in the top scorers list, but as I said before, Salas outclassed him in the team, as his goals were probably much more important than those scored by Zamorano.

I love Suazo as a player, but to compare him with the before mentioned pair, it is way on top of his league, but he is close to them both, no doubt about it.:cool:

Btw, you put first Zamorano over Salas, and you considered Za as 9 and Sal as 11 in your nick,:D

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Coincido con el comentario de Rickdog: a Bam Bam se le quiere mucho en todos los clubes donde estuvo.

-en el St. Gallen porque se daba el tiempo para trabajar con los juveniles;
    -en el Madrid porque fue campeón y pichichi;
    -en el Inter porque ganó una UEFA y los hinchas hasta lo apodaban "ZamoRambo" (buscate en Youtube su despedida del Inter y no me vas a poder decir que su paso por el cuadro nerrazzurro no fue trascendente o poco "impacto");
    -en el América porque después de no sé cuantos años salieron campeones con Bam Bam como figura en el ataque (y debutó con 3 goles contra el Santos, más encima).

Lo siento pero decir que Zamorano tuvo "poco impacto" (por traducirlo de alguna manera) en los clubes donde estuvo es prácticamente faltarle el respeto a Bam Bam.

17. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Dijo que iba a utilizar ese # en honor a los mineros. :)

18. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Zamorano y Salas entregaron varias alegrias y truinfos a nivel internacional. Dese Elias Figueroa que no hubo futbolistas asi. Suazo tambien es un monstro, lo unico que le falto fue truinfar en Europa. Todavia es activo y ojala puede ser bastante mas con la seleccion.

El Chupete tiene una habilidad extraordinaria de fabricar y meter unos golazos de afuera del area. De los tres es tecnicamente creo el mejor con el balon en sus pies.

Salas era rey de los laucheros, siempre estaba en los lugares oportunos. El apodo de matador lo dice todo.

Zamorano es el mejor cabezador del futbol chileno y fue el delantero que empezo todo. Muy querido y recordado por la hinchadas de los varios equipos adonde jugo. Tiene una personalidad adentro y afuera de las canchas. Es un embajador natural.

19. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

I guess I didn't explain myself properly. I agree with you in terms of how beloved Zamorano continues to be, and I put him first in my name because he is still my favorite Chilean forward. I always preferred him 10x over Salas.

I guess the word 'impactful' was misused, because its true that BamBam was a leader and workhorse. He also was a great goal scorer.

I just think that at their peak Salas was better, more complete. Almost as good in the air as bam bam, a more creative player and better finisher...career wise, personality wise, and effort wise (his guerrero mentality is what i think endeared him so much to inter fans especially) Zamorano was better.

the quetino was about suazo. I've seen him do things that neither Salas or Zamorano (especially) could ever do. What would he need to do to be among them?

in Suazo you have a goleador in Chile, in Mexico, in the world, in eliminatorias etc.......how do you measure that up against a pichichi and an uefa? would it take a libertadores? a copa america?? what?

20. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

In my very humble opinion, Suazo lacks the ability that both Salas and specially Zamorano had to "carry their whole team on their shoulders".

I`m also a Zamorano fan myself, more than Salas, whom at first I hated due to his bonds with that lousy team that represents that "blue kindergarden school, with the chicken with the inverted "n" on its chest" logo :)D), but as his achievements in our national team and elsewhere from Chilean teams, I learned to enjoy watching him play.

Zamorano, sometimes played bad himself, but having him in the team, his presence made the team play great. In France 1998, he was the leader of the team, although he didn`t score any goals (fortunately, Salas was there to make them), the same happened in the qualification process for that year, and in almost every National team he participated in. The bronze medal in the Sidney Olimpics, was principally due to having him in the team.

Salas never asumed this position while Zamorano was there, but once Zamorano retired, he took this issue as a personal quest, in which he finally also succeeded in doing so. Since Salas retirement, we still don`t have a natural leader in the team, being probably Valdivia who has mostly resembled them.

Suazo, whom I will always admire, has this homework on his shoulders. He has made lots of goals, but his presence in the National team, hasn`t been so outstanding in regards to what he can accomplish for the team, as what this wonderful couple of former leaders and scorers we had the joy of having in our team.
    :)

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  23. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California

Chamagol is currently on trial with Atlante but the possibilities of him stayin are slim!

1 person likes this.
  24. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  25. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California