Chilenos en Europa: La temporada de la consagración

Discussion in 'Chilenos en el Exterior' started by MetroChile, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  2. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    JAIME CHILE and MetroChile repped this.
  3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    :eek: Interesting: I wonder what his story is as he has played for Albania at youth level and it would seem like his father is Chilean, based on the name. I can't imagine too many Albanians living in Chile.

Good find, gil.

4. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I was also surprised with this discover. His first name and surname sounds like Chilean, from Spanish circle, maybe Mallota is Italian surname. But Albanians have some surnames, that sound like Italian. When I look at his face, he looks like Albanian. They are different than other Balkan nations.

They have bigger chins. For example, this Albanian was born in Croatia and he plays in Croatian league, you can see his chin, its similar like the chin of Mallota.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/clubs/player=250005231/index.html

Mallota was born in Albanian city of Lezhe. But he spend his youth career in Chile. Cant find anything about his history. Albania is for sure very exotic country for Chileans. I dont think that Albania has bigger diaspora community in Chile, like Croats, Italians, Germans etc.

5. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    :eek: OMG...who is this Gilbertsson guy? Some kind of football Sherlock Holmes... how on earth did you find this Chilean player??? :D

6. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    You can call me Contemporary Football Encyclopedia.:D Usual working day in my office, reading online sports sections and watching highlights. After that I go home.:D

You can read here about Albanians in general.

http://www.albanianhistory.net/texts19_1/AH1848_2.html

Something about Dinaric race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinaric_race

7. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Hahaha... what sort of job do you have that you can spend this amount of time just reading about football?

8. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I have important obligations, but somehow I always find time for important football activities.:) My close ones sometimes say that I'm lazy and that I have a slight resistance for the work.:rolleyes: Economy&Business field. When I watch about team financial values, I learn economy.:) Arsenal has always positive balance. Buy cheap, sell expensive.

I had complicated education direction, different fields, I get bored very fast, so I change fields.;)

What do you do? Student?

9. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Graphic Designer, although funnily enough I did study business whilst in Chile. I just decided to follow my artistic side when I moved to England, unlike Chile, you can have a decent career as a Graphic Designer over here. I also have plenty of time to read about football. :)

10. Ludovico

Ludovico Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Paris, France
    Club:
    Audax Italiano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chilean sports journalism could learn a lot from you. You mostly likely know more about their footballers than the majority of them do...no kidding!

11. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    In England you can do everything, except enjoying in good weather.:D In November 2011, there was a Edgar Degas exhibition in London. Plenty of artistic activities there. Do you visit Premierleague matches? Do you visit Chile often? Probably your country miss you a lot.

12. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Majority of them are playing in European clubs, so its not so difficult to know them better. I dont know much about Southamerican football players, because UEFA wants to promote European football. UEFA creates an opinion, that best fooballers play in Europe. But people dont forget where those best players started to play.:D In general I try to follow different leagues, except Asian and African.

13. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I remember that few years ago, some albanians and kosovars arrived to Chile, searching a pacific country in order to work here and progressing with their families here. Maybe these 2 guys worked as footballers here and then they returned to Albania, I dunno.

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I remember watching a feature in TVChile on them, yes.