Chilenos en el Reino Unido (R)

Discussion in 'Chilenos en el Exterior' started by MetroChile, Oct 2, 2010.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  2. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Has anyone else been watching Claudio Bravo recently? He hasn't had a good campaign, for a player of his standard. I'm sure that he made at least 2 errors that proved costly in the first couple of rounds of the EPL. He was sent off against Barcelona away in the UCL. This week, he couldn't keep a goal out against Sunderland with his team leading 1-0 in added time; a header that I he would normally save on most occasions.

In short, he's been much less impressive than he was at Barcelona during his time there. I'm not sure what's happening. A language barrier? Nerves? Or his usual occasional errors. I don't know.

3. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    A big team like Barcelona brings out the best of a player due to the high exposure, the level of the players around, the history and so on. Also, the presence of a very competitive GK as substitute in the person of Tres Stegen. You don't have all those things in Manchester City or Arsenal.

posteador and chewie4917 repped this.
  4. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Alexis Sánchez le hizo 3 goles al West Ham United en uno de los clásicos de Londres.

Claudio Bravo fue titular en el Manchester City, que perdió 1:3 con el puntero Chelsea.

Yañez repped this.
  5. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ví el partido del City y la verdad Bravo no tenía mucho que hacer. Muy bien por Alexis, que siga así.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Me dió la sensanción de que pudo hacer más en el 2ndo y 3er gol.

7. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Le estan sacando la cresta y media a City y a Bravo... 3-0 van el Leicester sobre el City... no quiero ver...

8. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    He hasn't had a good season, Bravo, but he was not at fault this round in any of Leicester's 4 goals. Manchester City's defence is terrible.

For the second week in a row, Guardiola was tactically outplayed by two Italian managers with recent success at club level.

9. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think he looked week in 1 (forgot which one). The thing is, Bravo was brought in as a world class goalie. He has a bit low.

posteador and chewie4917 repped this.
  10. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Weak****** before someone corrects me :)

chewie4917 repped this.
  11. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Alexis Sánchez anotó el gol del Arsenal en la derrota 2:1 con el Everton en Liverpool.

12. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Buena temporada del shileeeeeeno.

13. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez boasts stats better than Europe’s elite list of strikers

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/16/arsen...-than-europes-elite-list-of-strikers-6328004/

Alexis Sanchez offered chance to become world’s best paid player with eye-watering £26m-a-year China offer

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/15/alexi...-eye-watering-26m-a-year-china-offer-6326171/

---

What do you guys think of the offer from China?

Brazilian players have already been tempted in the last few years. Ramires left Chelsea for Jiangsu Suning F.C.in January this year. He was 28 at the time (probably at his peak). Now, Oscar is leaving Chelsea in the next transfer window for Shanghai SIPG. He is currently 25.

14. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I hope not- I would be very surprise.

15. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    My opinion is that Chelsea will use Oscar's money to get Sánchez.

Alexis also earns lot of money by concept of sponsorships. I'm very sure they wish that Alexis stays in a top league.

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I'd lose a lot of respect for Alexis if he did head to China. I would be surprised, in fact.

17. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    It would also piss-off a lot of fans if Chelsea take Alexis from Arsenal... Chelsea have a history of doing this when they took Ashley Cole.

18. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Claudio Bravo jugó todo el partido por el Manchester City, que goleó 0:3 al Hull City.

Alexis Sánchez jugó todo el partido por el Arsenal, que le ganó 1:0 al West Bromwich Albion.

19. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Giroud salvo al Arsenal anoto de cabeza en los ultimos minutos... ya lo ha hecho unas 3 vecez entrando desde la banca...

20. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  21. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I don't think he knew the rules or cared much about this anyway. Not everyone cares about these popularity contests.

22. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Alexis Sánchez anotó el 4to gol del Arsenal contra el Swansea City.

Claudio Bravo recibió 4 goles del Everton, jugando por el Manchester City.

23. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Le llueve sobre mojado a Bravo... yo creo que pierde la titularidad para el proximo año, si es que no lo venden.

24. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    The mistakes that Bravo sometimes makes for Chile are the same mistakes that he has made for Manchester City all season. It's hard to believe that some fans and football critics in Barcelona want him back. What do you guys think of the analysis below: fair or harsh?

A goal keeping coach once told me that keepers need to be peppered and cannoned a lot to get some confidence. He got this at Real Sociedad, and it helped him make the move to Barcelona.

It's incredible how far he is from that form.

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    To me, Bravo is probably the best Gk with the ball at his feet which honestly doesn't count for much if you're not making saves. Having said that, he's probably a top 5-10 goalie in the world, when in form which he's not in right now.

Bravo is a bit bipolar, capable of the spectacular (his save on Aguero's header at last year's final comes to mind) and sometimes very shaky, like his entire 1st round at the same tourney last year. A goalie at a title-chasing team needs to be able to make 2-3 crucial saves a game, because most of the time that's all you'll get and he simply hasn't delivered in that sense.