CHILE vs Portugal, 26 marzo en Leiria (R) (Amistoso)

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by JAIME CHILE, Feb 5, 2011.

1. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Re: CHILE vs Portugal, 26 marzo en Leiria (R)

Borghi is definitely doing something right. Whatever he's telling Matias is working and since this new era is just starting, that's a good thing.

I think Chile was a little "desordenado" in these first two games but it was still enough to get positive results in such little time. The players are there and Borghi with a little time can work out the kinks.

To be fair with Estrada he's been a liability when Bielsa would play him out of position (Brasil in Santiago) and when he wasn't 100% fit (Spain). Other than these two games that stick out from my memory, his long balls are on point.

This adjustment on the midfield is akin to what made Colo Colo under Borghi successful all those years with Melendez and Sanhueza. Only this time we use the best players that are available.

2. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

there was also that friendly leading up the world cup...Zambia was it? anyways, too often Estrada makes me say this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyRI2N4WxgI"]YouTube - Estrada! Que ************ Te Crees![/ame]

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Estrada "peaked" in mid-2009, when his free kicks were medio gol and his long passes would always find impossible targets.

Ever since then, 1. he got injured and 2. he tries to impossible long passes still but they just don't work as often.

Lo dije yo una vez y luego también lo mencionó el Pancho Sagredo: "(Estrada) desde que se dio cuenta que era bueno, se puso malo".