Chile vs. Mexico - Dur/Post - Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by Visca..., Jul 4, 2011.

1. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think you mean Pacheco. And that barcode shit is becoming quite popular all over the world. Don't ask me why.

Beausejour is one of those awful contracts that America has been making for the past decade or so. Dude was awful in that full season and whatever he had with America. Google shows otherwise though, with that goal he made on us last time they beat us. That's really it with him, though, with Americanistas, a goal against their bitter rival and another one against their third rival.

I think you guys have way better options than him, and I think the game showed that. Hence, I said that and the fact that I knew him from the Mexican league. I dunno how he is doing now in Birmingham, though. I think I watched him sub in when they beat Arsenal in the League Cup.

2. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Good looking out, bro. :cool:

I don't mind him on the left because he's the only one with the lungpower necessary to run up and down the field, on that side. Other options would be the more attack-minded Mark González or Rodrigo Tello, I suppose but neither one of them has the positional sense to defend as Boza does. And naturally speaking, they're both more inclined to attack which would probably expose Chile on that side.

Most of the BS Chile posters feel that U. de Chile's Eugenio Mena and Audax Italiano's Matías Campos Toro should get a look in that spot, from Borghi and to their detriment, they're still young and inexperienced compared with Boza but considering he's on the wrong side of 30, I am sure eventually both of those guys--specially Mena--will get their shot.

3. MAICOL

MAICOL Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Earth
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Mexico plays in these tournament to their advantage nothing wrong with that.

4. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Any day, bro 0/

Felizidades. Now on to Peru, for us. I was hoping for a Chivas a la U. de Chile today, but oh well.

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That was U. de Chile, my friend...if you're referring to the Libertadores semis from last year.

6. MAICOL

MAICOL Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Earth
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Beausejour is endurance and he like many others has off days not sure if he had one today just because of change in for Paredes does not mean that at all.......he ain't going nowhere for a while he is our top option imo. However Paredes should get the start next game now if he plays subpar Beausejour comes in or viceversa.

7. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    OOPS!

Danke!

Fixing my point in tres, dos, uno...

EDIT: And like I said in my opinion concerning Beausejour, I'm really just basing it off what he did in the FMF and the very little he showed today. I think the only time I ever saw him play well was in the Cruz Azul match, his first one and the Chile v. Honduras match in the WC. Dude may be good, but his time in Mexico was some poor stuff.

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bitte, bitte. :cool:

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Mexico jugó la famosa "Alineación Murciélago": colgados del palo.

Bravo la tocó dos veces y una se le escapó, por avanzar cuando no debía.

Michel salvó como tres goles hechos.

Michel >>> Bravo.

10. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sipp, la tocó para sacar la pelota desde adentro del arco cuando los mexicanos marcaron el gol,
    :p

Creo que solo ahí se dió cuenta de que su arco estaba bastante más atrás de donde estuvo parado el resto del partido y al momento del gol mexicano. Pueda ser que haya aprendido, de lo contrario tendremos que volver a sufrir goles como este....., al menos esta vez no se le ocurrió correr hasta la mitad de la cancha a despejar una pelota para terminar regalándosela a un rival con el arco totalmente desprotegido.
    :D

11. MAICOL

MAICOL Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Earth
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So Contreras was out jump and Isla did not cover his man, not sure if Isla noticed the mexican player out jumping Contreras and Isla failed to cover his man after that, Isla should have mark more tightly in the box, good goal by Mexico the only way they could've beat Bravo in this game.

Bravo made a save that almost completely changed the game and perhaps prevented a tie very late in the second half not sure why this stat was not counted so it should have been 3 shots on net not 2.

I like Isla in the midfield still it must be a lesson learn for him. To say Michel > Bravo because he made more saves I don't agree the goal Vidal made was a mistake by Michel/Mexico if he did not want players at the posts because then he would have made angle more harder to score on Vidal's header. Michel was only covering one side of his net. I give this game to Bravo on the game saver.

12. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

Bravo lleva anios en europa. El anio pasado me parece que fue el arquero extranjero con mejor rendimiento en Espana, y incluso entre los 4 mejores. En las eliminatorias pasads fue el mejor, o el segundo mejor arquero. De vez en cuando se manda sus caggggadas, pero es un grande

13. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    any way to get a replay of this match online?

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  15. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Totalmente de acuerdo. Tenerlo bajo los palos da más seguridad que lo otro, pero ya nos tiene acostumbrados a estas sorpresitas inesperadas. En cualquier momento se las manda, y si para esta copa se iba a mandar una, lo positivo es que ya se la mandó e igual ganamos.
    :cool:

16. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Did you guys hear Hugo say disparaging remarks about Venezuela during the broadcast?

17. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    El problema fue solo en Mexico con Televisa(no se si tvazteca haya hecho lo mismo) por que la seleccion Sub-17 jugo contra francia y esperaron a que el partido terminara para poner la transmision del Mexico - Chile. Asi que para los que no querian ver el partido con retraso no les quedo otra que buscar streams o, en el peor de los casos, verlo por Univision.

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    This guy must have some sort of mental disorder, per his repeated posts. Guess a 3rd posting will help you remember what you said earlier.

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile