Chile vs Irán y Brasil (Amistosos) [R]

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by MetroChile, Mar 5, 2015.

1. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    inb4 2006 style remontada

2. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    sampaoli y sus experimentos le quedó grande el partido.

3. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Horrible game, we could see the difference between the original 11 and the rest. There are a couple that wont even make it to bench. Plus, this experimental formation, did not turn out as expected. Good props to Iran that took advantage of their situations.

4. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We have no bench.....

5. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Cornejo only decent one.

6. Navid1337

Navid1337 Member

Villarreal
    Oct 29, 2014
    Athens
    FT Iran 2-0 Chile

KiarashM repped this.
  7. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Thank you for a nice game Chilean friends.

KiarashM repped this.
  8. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    hello my friend. i remember before the world cup you said how chile would destroy Iran.:D

KiarashM, Mani and Navid1337 repped this.
  9. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    We failed the test. LOL. We have no backup to the starters, put the reserves in the first half and they made way too many unforced errors. Easy picking for Iran...Ecuador....Brazil... you name it.

10. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Yes. Except GK Bravo, Vargas and sometimes Jara.

Only in the second half some starters (Alexis, Isla, Aranguiz and Medel). Vidal, Mena and Valdivia stayed in the bench.

11. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Good result for Iran and a good performance overall. Chile looked much better after they fell behind 2:0, bringing Sanchez and some of their other top players. Conversely, the last 20 minutes Iran became weakened as well as our subs weren't as good as the players they were replacing. I used to be a fan of Ansarifard but he looked awful when he came in and I can't say the other substituted players for Iran did well either.

12. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Great defence from Iran. Haven't changed since the World Cup.

The consolation for Chile is that I don't think we will face a better defence in the group stages of Copa America.

What worries me is that Dunga's Brazil play this counter-attack style as well... only better and more deadly. I can see us losing to them 3-0 in Santiago again unless we take our chances.

KiarashM and Zandi360 repped this.
  13. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That's right.
    That was before the WC.

Now, at present times, we aren't even playing half of how we did back then.
    As how things currently are, I'm afraid we might not make it to next WC, even with our starters......:cautious:

14. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Due to work I couldn't see the game, yet I still don't care because it's more of the same.

Fuera Sampaoli!

15. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bravo today, sucked too.
    No excuses.
    :thumbsdown:

16. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Very lazy I agree. We haven't seen the urgency and the pressing we used to have... maybe we are getting old already?!

This match just confirms what I said earlier in another thread, once Isla, Alexis, Vidal, Medel retire Chile is going to have a serious drop of quality and matches like this will be the norm. Back down to the 30-40 in the FIFA rankings....

The new (and some old) players we tested today in the first half were not good enough. They were constantly anticipated by the Iranian defence.

17. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Copa America in June and Sampaoli continues to experiment.

GTFO and go home with Tocalli and the rest. Make sure to take Bonini with you.

18. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I never said otherwise. I was replying to our Iranian friend who asked if they were all reserves. I said almost all, with the exception of Bravo, Vargas and sometimes Jara.

19. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    That's what friendlies are for you tool. When do you want to test new players? In the World Cup? Copa America group stages perhaps?

20. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Good game Chile much better 2nd half from your team. Remember we were also missing 3 of our starters :)

GL in Copa America!

21. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    And Aranguiz, and Medel, and Isla, and Pizarro (not a regular but given Diaz level at present times, I believe he is a starter now), and Fernandez (same as the case of Pizarro, but in his case for what happens to Valdivia).

For truth, that second half of the game, had almost 80 % of our current starters playing in the game, and with them around, besides still being highly permeable at the back, up front we couldn't score not even once, as we don't have the player who simply knows how to push the ball in.

22. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You're personally invested in Sampaoli and that's sad. Rather than be offended you should be far more concerned with the way Chile is playing. The criticism he receives is warranted. The loss against Uruguay sealed his fate and that was with Chile's stellar squad in Santiago.

Get this! The national team under Sampaoli is so fearful of the upcoming Copa America that they need to prepare in Europe...... Why? They can't withstand the pressure at home. :rolleyes:

After watching the replays of the game, Chile looks like a disorganized mess. Once again they succumb to clinical counter attacking football and can't defend a corner properly even if their lives depended on it.

There aren't many friendlies planned out for the future. The time for experimentation is over. Cut the excuses and take a loss with the actual starting 11 that will be fielded in the Copa America, which is being held in Chile of all places.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  23. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I know.

24. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Stop. This has nothing to do with me defending Sampaoli in particular, but rather, your premise that friendlies are not the time to experiment. WTF? If managers can't test players and formations in friendlies the when else are they going to do it? That's what offends me, it's such a stupid thing to say.

I agree with Sampaoli on this. Staying in Chile is just a pain in the ass. You know how the press is over there. Brazil stayed at home to prepare for the World Cup and look how it worked for them. They will just get into trouble or the press will make up trouble. I've seen it over and over. It's better as it is now as the press can only talk shit about their performance on the pitch which is the only thing that matters at the end of the day.

I agree with all of this actually.

On the contrary. This is their last chance to test players.

I, for one, think that we will see nothing new from what we saw at the World Cup. It will be basically the same set-up minus Jean. Sampaoli has tried to find new players but has failed in this regard.

25. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That's what the other countless friendlies against USA, Bolivia, and Haiti were for. Pick a team all ready. See if your actual starters are able to defeat a strong counter attacking team like Iran with your so called tactical plans. By the way, Iran read Chile like a book and they're not the only ones. Sampaoli is out of ideas.

The media is a circus and has always been. Sorry, if the players aren't mentally prepared to handle the pressure at home then just pack up and call it a day. They're concentrating in Europe as we speak, it clearly doesn't matter.

Chile couldn't even win one today for the people suffering in the north.