Chile v.s. ECUADOR. - Our Last Hope.

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by \^the king^/, Oct 10, 2009.

1. ceejay187

ceejay187 Member

Mar 30, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i might call out tomorrow and crack a bottle to these kind of tunes :(

2. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I must admit that I was very scared before even the game started: Ecuador's fast-paced attack plus Chile's oftentime error-prone defense made for an interesting recipe. :eek: Having said that, I was scared a couple of times during the game when Ecuador got dangerously close. Best of luck in the future guys: hopefully guys like Benitez and Valencia shine in the EPL to make CONMEBOL even more competitive than it already is. :) :cool:

Salu2!

3. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    eff that ! this weekend I'm taking all the pent up anger, impotencia, sadness, fury on the artificial futbol turf at Riverside... I don't know how to feel right now. I didn't cry but I feel terrible and can only imagine how our boys are feeling right now. Tengo una punzada en el corazon que no me deja pensar. All I can envision is breaking ankles this weekend on the field,

4. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    ughh..I feel so ********ing depressed right now,its just something about seeing a tear in a man's eye that makes you think how powerful and emotional soccer is.I couldn.t bear to see my father's face after the game,it just makes me feel even worse.Even,worse seeing the expression on Hurtado's face,as well as cevallos and the other guys. I swear that a year or so back,I neever saw this coming,in fact I would have still kept on believeing that we would qualify,but when the end of qualifying day actually arrives,you feel so surprised and teary that the result you wanted never occured:(.I wouldn't mind playing some Boyz 2 men right now,because like I said it's the End of the Road in qualfying,we probably won't see a world cup untill 2014.

5. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I didn't watch the game. How was it?

6. ceejay187

ceejay187 Member

Mar 30, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah man I feel empty right now, I was looking forward to the WC next year and seeing our team in SA........

7. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    ya see the funny thing is I imagined us their 2years back,before qualfying began,but something about that 0-1defeat to Venezuela gave me a sign at the same time,that something in these qualfiers would change,and this was the inclusion of Ecuador in the world cup for a third time.I don' think Argentina deserve a place in the cup,because they really didn't play any better than us,but it doesn't matter on the way you played if no goals reach the back of the net at the end of the day.And this was our prime issue.This was actually one of my biggest fears to ever come true,Ecuador not qualfying once again,after reaching two world cups,I pray and ask God not to let us slip up like countries like Greece,or Bolivia,or even China,but thats life and reality.Maybe we weren't ready for a third,I would primely blame this on the FEF because they should have been aware that LFS wasn't producing results since even before the Copa America 2007,and knowing that this could put our qualfication in jeopardy which was a few months away,they should have sacked him like any reasonable person.But,no they kept insisting on him,and he kept lieing that he would show results taking us to a humiliating,morale dropping,poor start to qualfying,whichalso ruined our development of players for la selccion alot,and that is where the problem started and then Vizuete took over like this.I just hope that next qualifeirs we make it and as soon as possible and in the first three slots at least,you never know Paraguay or any other team thats good right now might go through a dreadfull downfall next qualifers,and give space for us or even Venezuela to qualify:eek:

8. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Ok so rate the ones that usually arent starters but started today:

Guagua:

Hidalgo:

Montero:

Lara:

9. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What's the point?

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  11. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it is all a cycle .... Peru had the 70's, Colombia had the 90's, we had the 2000's we had a great ten years of great futbol. Our futbol is now one of the strongest in CONMEBOL and will not sink, but only get brighter.

Let's thank the guys who got us to two consecutive world cups and did same up until now in their last years that are left (with the nt atleast)... Hurtado, Espinoza, Mendez, Cevallos, El Tin, Elizaga, Reasco, Ambrossi, they were a great generation and stalwarts of our team. They did the country proud. Their time is up and this is end of the curve, nothing lasts forever.. and even Rome fell.

Now with this new generation we can achieve great things! The future looks very bright for Ecuador ! The play I see from Montero and Rojas is very good and will only get better... Folleco needs to be called up as well... Add them to the young guys who currently play like Valencia, Noboa, Guerron, Bolanos,.. and even Benitez when he doesn't eff up... and we have a great base... we have la sombrita hurtado who is a hell of a defender and Deison. We have Ibarra, Mike Rodriguez, ... we Dominguez and Banguera.. two very good young keepers... guys ... these next 4 years Ecuador has to train these guys and get them ready for Copa America and of course ! Brasil 2014!

We will always be grateful to these players that have given Ecuador its timeframe in the CONMEBOL futbol map... we are up with the Peru of the 70's, Colombia of the 90's and we can match up with the best of them like Brasil and Argentina... the 2000's showed the world that Ecuador is a new force to reckon with.

12. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well said, although im very sad tonight, those are great words and indeed we owe a great thanks to the men mentioned above. Somos Ecuatorianos, and at this dark time of failure we gotta try and remember the great joys they brought us leading up to WC 2002 and in WC 2006.

13. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    Im sad for Ecuador. I wanted us both to be there.

But, didnt like Vizuete blaming the ref for Ecuadors demise in the game against Uruguay. When Chile need to be congratulated for playing well throughout the qualifiers from start to finish, unlike either of our nations did.

I dont want to start something but the ref didnt give one of the most blatant penalties i have ever seen in my life for us against yous in Quito.

The Suarez Uruguay penalty that never was in Quito from Hurtado was a blatant penalty but Vizuete has alzheimers.

14. gr_extranjero

gr_extranjero New Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    I wil never forget the success Ecuador had in the 2006 WC. This is what hurts so much right now that for five years I will have to wait for my country to be represented in the world's biggest stage. That next year I will watch the world cup and not be able to say 'that is my seleccion ke grande seleccion' and that I cannot boast about my countrys talent in the world cup is to me a huge loss. Yes we must never forget the past successes and the players who brought us so much joy but our coaches must strive and work EXTREMELY HARD to get us to 2014, and that means developoing our young talents. I liked Rojas and Montero out there, and they can only get better. We cant lose hope but not going to the World Cup is extremely disapointing

15. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    guys apparently Vizuete's contract ended,so guess we are getting a new technico hopefully its Bauza.But I still feel,bad he wasn't a bad technico,and it wasn't hus fault I ain't mad at him..but you never know this could be a new begininning.

16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I heard Bauza is back in Ecuador. Is this true?

17. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well...this is surely a sad day for most Ecuadorians, but let's be honest; Ecuador did not deserve to go to the world cup. Our players lack a great deal of technical skills and football maturity. Christian Benitez is one such player. He has incredible speed and dribbles the ball with ease, but that is about it! If I were to close my eyes and think about Benitez, what immediately comes to mind is an image of him racing down the field running with another attacker to either side. Just as he starts to approach two or more defenders, I'd think to myself, "Ok...pass it now!", but what happens instead? He runs straight into the two defenders and loses the ball. That is what I mean by "lacks football maturity". In my opinion, Christian Benitez sums up, and is a perfect representation of the national team.

That being said, I don't blame any one person. This was a combined failure by everyone involved with the FEF.

18. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I disagree. I think we probably had our strongest squad ever, based on individual talent. They just couldn't play well as a team. We had the same problem Argentina had.

Chile and Brazil on the other hand played beautiful football.

19. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If someone had just watched these last two games I think they would feel that Ecuador did not deserve South Africa. But, for me, I look back to the games against Argentina in Buenos Aires and Brazil in Quito, and Paraguay...and Venezuela in Quito...so many lost points. When I think of the past games it seems to be a miracle that South Africa was that close...this should be a testament to how strong the team was. Look at how far the team has come since the 90s even. I don't think Ecuador's time is over by any means.

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with this....

Ecuador made it as far as they did primarily because the other countries continued stumbling as well. In the very end, Argentina and nUruguay got their shit together while Ecuador, Colombia and even Venezuela fell even harder.

21. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
    This is nothing compared with tomorrow morning's feeling, wait and see...

22. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sad qualifiers for the Andean countries....

23. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    Well said. Its true and very dissapointing.

Its weird how Ecuadorians are sadded but not overly disgusted. Colombia ended up getting the same number of points. Same goal difference too and we are looking to hang members of our Fed. Of course, you guys have gone to the last 2 WCs but its intriguing.

24. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    The feeling only gets worst when we hear, see and play friendlies against teams who are in it. And then the actual event will feel like its missing something.

I think there are several reason why there is a bigger dissapointment and disgust on the colombian side. Colombia started off on a way better note than us, the team had promising players in almost every position, but yet the coaches played so defensively. For colombia scoring a goal was an achievement in many games and that just added to the frustration. And of course on top of all that you guys haven't qualified lately.

But all in all this was just heart breaking. Just goes to show you guys once more que tener muchos jugadores in Europe doesn't mean sh!t other than that they gotta take a long ass flight to Ecuador.

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it is easier because the issues with this NT are right there on the table.
    It is clear as day...

-lack of a clinical finisher
    -lack of concentration in the final 15 minutes
    -lack of a plan B/lack of tactics

Essentailly, these are what kept Ecuador out of the WC.

-The matches v Venezuela, Brazil, and Uruguay at home is were Ecuador lost 8 points. 8 POINTS! Controlling the match but not being able to score will do this. 15+ shots on goal and nothinmg to show for it.

-The matches lost during injury time had Ecuador give up 2 points to PAR, 2 to ARG and 2 to URU. 6 points once again showed why Vizuete needs to understand that subbing in injury time is not smart. A poster here posted the amounts of points

-No plan B is why we saw ties vs Colombia and Paraguay...if plan A wasn't working, we had no plan B to fall back on. Chile obviously had control of the field while Ecuador looked like a headless chicken for 90 minutes. Yeah, they had some close calls but for the most part, they were disorganized as hell. What was Vizuete's answer? A few subs and nothing else.