CHILE-Holanda, 23 de Junio en Sao Paulo (Mundial 2014) [R]

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by JAIME CHILE, Dec 6, 2013.

1. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Lmfao.

2. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I agree. It ended poorly. Although, I think the 'final' in the group stage for Chile was Spain. That encounter was physically (due to distance covered by players & weather) and emotionally draining for the entire team. FIFA chucked Chile into what was, in my view, the group of death, but the team managed to survive.

I don't fear Brazil. The respect is always there, but they're an upgraded version of the defensive 2010 Brazil ('2.0'), with Thiago Silva and Neymar. The rest is very similar. In contrast, this Chilean team is deeper and more experienced than the one four years ago and has to show it if the contest goes ahead.

All the players are up for selection, unlike four years ago, and Sampaoli will review the failure that was against the Dutch and, hopefully, implement the adequate changes.

oc2004 repped this.
  3. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    chewie, forget the idea of beating Brazil on home soil. We have an abysmal history against them, same as vs Argentina. It's origin is to have been defeated by both teams since football is football.

I'd rather prefer facing other powerhouses a k a those who don´t have 50+ wins against Chile in the head to head.

4. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Our head-to-head against Brazil is better than our head-to-head was against Spain a week ago.

5. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    #105 SIN DIOS NI LEY, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    True, but we don´t have a 100 year history of defeats vs Spain, which it does play in players minds, ours and we are not regional rivals with Spain either.

Plus, the players proved to be massive chokers.

6. ridv34

ridv34 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Si alguien cree que podemos hacer algo histórico contra Brasil en su casa, pues, envidio su optimismo. Espero comerme mis palabras, pero para mi, colorin colorado.

TrickyCoonVic and posteador repped this.
  7. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Nothing more to add that hasn't been said. The match was there for the taking, they were always going to sit deep, as soon as the second half started we should have put Valdivia in. Only then did we start getting behind the lines a bit more... too little too late.

Don't get me wrong, I liked that we didn't lose our shape in the first half, no point wasting physically if we can't sneak a goal. Had we connected one of the Mena crosses perhaps history would have been different, but after 45 minutes it was clear their defence wasn't going to break and it was Valdivia time.

Anyway, what more can I say. Best of luck against Brazil guys, we will need it. Vidal, your time to shine, I wan't to hear "ahi quedo Brazil, ahi quedo..." one more time.

8. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The players are not massive chokers, comments like this makes me question a lot about certain people.

If we had needed a tie or a win today I have no doubt we would have accomplished our objective. The game was even, no coincidence the goals came late, we needed to risk a lot to get the win, as the tie and loss were the same thing. We did what we could with what he had, simple as that.

About Brazil, not optimistic but we gotta break the bad run sometime, why not now. Sucks that for 16 years all we get is Brazil.

9. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    A ver: Para mi hoy Van Gaal demostro toda su experiencia internacional. Le cedio la iniciativa a Chile y lo mato de contra y con una pelota parada. Una vez mas el juego aereo nos peno, sobre todo en el primer gol. No hay que olvidar que Italia, por ejemplo, siempre ha sido campeon jugando de esa manera, defendiendo y matando de contra. El arbitraje, para mi no iinfluyo en el resultado en absoluto. Lo unico fue que a Blind de Holanda, lo debio haber amonestado mucho antes por faltas reitaradas contra ALexis. A Silva de CHile, lo amonesto a la segunda. DIsparidad de criterios. Nada mas que eso. Somos un buen equipo pero todavia no un gran equipo. AUn nos falta para dar ese salto.

JAIME CHILE, zaku_II and posteador repped this.
  10. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I disagree with most of the above posters. I am so glad that we are facing Brazil in the knockout stage in their world cup. This is our final. If we win, we will achieve the most important objective in our football development: Getting rid of our demons.
    Now for the game. The positives are that Brazil will actually PLAY us, that means opening up, which is favorable to our style of play. We have everything to gain from this, they have everything to lose. There are no negatives.

Yañez repped this.
  11. ridv34

ridv34 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Para los que creen que jugamos bien hoy, les dejo una pequena estadistica antes de quedarme callado hasta despues del partido contra Brasil:
    http://www.espnfc.us/gamecast/statistics/id/383271/statistics.html

SHOTS (ON GOAL)
    Netherlands 13(8) vs. Chile 7 (1)

Lo mas basico de como ganar un partido de futbol es metiendo mas goles que el rival. No se pueden hacer goles si solo hay un tiro acertado al arco en todo el partido. Ahora me quedo callado con mi enojo y mala onda hasta el fin de nuestro proximo partido. :ninja:

12. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I wasn't suggesting that Chile has this game wrapped up. What I meant was that the opponent is being hyped up, once again, predominantly based on history and a guy called Neymar.

Like I said before, this Brazil is the '2.0' version of Brazil 2010, with Thiago Silva and Neymar. If this team goes on to win on that final day, I'd say that it would go on to be one of the weakest world cup winners in recent memory. Since people have been hyping it up for a while now, it wouldn't be bad to compare it to recent or modern-era world cup winners. It comes no where near the 2010 Spain in terms of technical ability and loses out to Italy 2006 in the tactical sense (that team had a superior game-plan, better defence and a grade 'A' midfield partnership: Pirlo + Gattuso). I wouldn't dare compare it to Brazil 2002, the dynamic French team of 1998 or the defensive machine that was Brazil 1994.

We're talking about a hard-working team with some class, that comes mainly from Neymar; a team that received a huge helping hand from the officials against Croatia and couldn't beat a resilient Mexico. Incidentally, take away those 3 points from Brazil in the first game and give Mexico 2 robbed, legal goals from game one, and it would have been Mexico first in that group, on 7 points and with a superior goal difference.

I'm not denying that this will be a great task, but at some point Chile will have to turn things around against Brazil. I don't think that it's too much to ask of this team to play aggressively and intelligently. The players are there to at least accomplish that.

freeestyler repped this.
  13. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    You've hit the nail on the head.

Had the Dutch been forced to play Chile, the result could have been a bit different. The circumstances suited them perfectly.

The same happened in the match between Mexico and Croatia. I don't think that Mexico is 2 goals better than Croatia. The circumstances suited Mexico much better, Croatia had to open up late in the game (like Chile did against the Dutch) and that's when Mexico took advantage.

freeestyler repped this.
  14. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I agree, in general terms, this has been a very solid display against one of the top, if not the top, side of the tournament so far. My only criticism was leaving the Valdivia change too late, he should have come in at half time alongside Jean.

Even then, the win would not have been a certainty though. I think we must give credit to the Netherlands where it's due. They were very disciplined (except the guy hacking on Alexis, he should have received a yellow a lot earlier).

15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    http://www.cooperativa.cl/noticias/...az-seleccion-holandesa/2014-06-23/135434.html

Estadísticas

Holanda (2): 1. Jasper Cillessen; 7. Daryl Janmaat, 3. Stefan De Vrij, 2. Ron Vlaar, 5. Daley Blind, 15. Dirk Kuyt (88' 14. Terence Kongolo); 20. Georginio Wijnaldum, 10. Wesley Sneijder (75' 18. Leroy Fer), 6. Nigel De Jong, 11. Arjen Robben; y 17. Jeremain Lens (68' 21. Memphis Depay). DT: Louis Van Gaal.

Chile (0): 1. Claudio Bravo; 2. Eugenio Mena, 4. Mauricio Isla, 5. Francisco Silva (70' 10. Jorge Valdivia), 17. Gary Medel, 18. Gonzalo Jara; 16. Felipe Gutiérrez (46' 15. Jean Beausejour), 20. Charles Aránguiz, 21. Marcelo Díaz; 11. Eduardo Vargas (80' 9. Mauricio Pinilla) y 7. Alexis Sánchez. DT: Jorge Sampaoli.

Goles: 1-0: 77'; Leroy Fer y 2-0: 92'; Memphis Depay.

Tarjetas amarillas: 24' Francisco Silva y 63' Daley Blind.

Arbitro: Bakary Gassama (GAM).

Estadio Arena Sao Paulo.

Duelo válido por la tercera fecha del Grupo B.

16. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I'm sorry, but they were only 88 "flaites".
    We were nearly 70,000 Chileans in Río de Janeiro (so the 99% of us aren't "bad apples").

MetroChile and Yañez repped this.
  17. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Van Gaal 2 Sampaoli 0

Fue un resultado exagerado, pero Chile no mereció ganar (con suerte empatar 1:1 si me apuran).

Me gustó Bravo, y en menor medida Medel y Sánchez. El resto del equipo me pareció CANSADO especialmente en el 2° tiempo. Los cambios de Sampaoli no me gustaron para nada, creo que no sirvieron de casi nada.

Algunas fotos que tomé en el Corinthians Arena (de todas formas abriré otro post para las fotos que tomé en Río y S.Paulo durante mis 11 días en Brasil).:)

El Arena Corinthians el día previo al partido de Chile:
    [​IMG]

:):thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Las muñecas holandesas:whistling:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ridv34 repped this.
  18. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    2a parte:

Un crack:
    [​IMG]

Tribuna Norte (los chilenos de abajo eran los que más cantaban):
    [​IMG]

Galería Este:
    [​IMG]

Tribuna Sur y los Palcos VIP:
    [​IMG]

¡¡Equipos a la cancha!!
    [​IMG]

Fue emocionante cantar a todo pulmón el Himno Nacional en el Mundial junto a otros 35.000 chilenos, tal como en la Copa América 2011.:cool:
    [​IMG]

El tocopillano Alexis Sánchez (pensar que lo vi jugar en vivo y en directo en el estadio-potrero de San Felipe por Cobreloa hace algunos años, y el lunes lo vi jugar un Mundial en Brasil!):
    [​IMG]

19. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    3a parte:

Chile atacando en el 1er tiempo:
    [​IMG]

Un momento de desconcentración durante el partido:D:whistling:
    [​IMG]

Otro intento en el 1er tiempo:
    [​IMG]

Minuto 50...aún había esperanzas de ganar, pero el calor aumentaba y la selección se notaba cansada:(
    [​IMG]

Público controlado:
    [​IMG]

Se fue Eduardo Vargas y entró Pinilla (un cambio que no sirvió de nada:thumbsdown:):
    [​IMG]

Los reclamos al árbitro africano que tampoco sirvieron:
    [​IMG]

20. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    4a parte:

No había ánimo de alentar durante el 2° tiempo en la galucha Oeste:thumbsdown:
    [​IMG]

Chile buscando en los minutos finales a como diera lugar, pero toda Holanda estaba metida atrás:
    [​IMG]

La repetición del gol postrero de Depay tras el carrerón y centro del crack Robben:(
    [​IMG]

....y las holandesas felices:whistling:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:inlove:[​IMG]

Yañez repped this.
  21. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    5a parte:

La mayoría de los chilenos se fueron altiro del estadio, mientras las holandesas sonreían...
    [​IMG]

:whistling:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lindorfeando con una hincha del Ajax muy simpática:D
    [​IMG]

El clon de Gullit:eek::ROFLMAO:
    [​IMG]

Aguante Cruyff!:D
    [​IMG]

...y bue' ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    6a parte:

Mientras Van Gaal daba su conferencia tomé estas fotos:
    [​IMG]

La tribuna Oeste en donde estuve, vista ahora desde el codo suroeste:
    [​IMG]

Tribuna Sur y sector preferencial:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Constanza Santamaría antes de despachar en directo para Canal 13 desde el exterior del Arena Corinthians:
    [​IMG]

23. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    That they caught.

24. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Jajajaja... jote. Buenas tus fotos. Porque tanta pifia en el partido? Me molestaron mas que las Vuvuzuelas. Me gustaba mas cuando la hinchada cantaba pero como dices parece que el calor pudo mas.

25. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Excelentes fotos! En todo caso me quedo con la Constanza Santamaria ante cualquiér holandesa jaja