CHILE-Brasil, 28 de Junio en Belo Horizonte (Mundial 2014) [R]

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by HeartandSoul, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Que triste y que suerte para Brasil.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  2. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We can only be proud of this team! It's always the same unfortunately and it hurts.. and how it hurts.. The destiny is a b**ch.. Vamos Chila carajooo!!!

Radu Razvan, JAIME CHILE and Christina99 repped this.
  3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Hard luck Chile... You guys played your hearts out.

Respect :)

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  4. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i didnt want Brazil to loose, i was just cheering for the better team. And that was Chile. I admire Chilean soccer and ve said it many times here since the Bielsa times. I respect Chile and Colombia a lot, they are playing best soccer in southamerica, imo.

JAIME CHILE and michaelwo repped this.
  5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Too bad Iran couldn't capitalize on those few chances they had against you - it's not as if Iran is any better than Chile, and yet they came close to taking 3 points from you.

6. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Too bad you are a hater

7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Too bad for you that the truth hurts - with 5 defenders you nearly lost to Iran...

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Impressive performance from your team in this thriller (I knew you would cause serious problems to the hosts). :thumbsup:

Keep your heads high and be proud of your guys.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  9. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think Brazil will lift the trophy, maybe a final with France. Colombia imo is less than Chile and I dont see them knocking out Brazil.

10. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    why are you focusing on the games argentina supposdly "nearly lost"?, i could say far worse things about brazil in this WC but i wont, since this is a Chile thread and im congratulating them. You need to get over your obsession with argentina and stop talking about them in every thread. this is chiles thread, thanks-

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    You're the one who answered me first, Christina99. You could've ignored me. But no, a Brazilian shows up and you jump at his comments...

12. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    JAIME CHILE repped this.
  13. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  14. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ah nm then-

15. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    no

16. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    They will be in the final.

17. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    I think the final will be Germany vs Holland

18. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I’ll say this to Chileans everywhere:

Never confuse arrogance and delusion with ambition. The only similarity that these three words have in common is that they are nouns.

It was not arrogant for Chileans to expect big things from this team, just as it was not a delusional expectation. This team aspired to go further than before because it knew that “going far” was achievable, and there was nothing wrong with fans who shared that ambition and belief.

FIFA handed us that draw, but facing three top ten nations in a row (top ten nations where it counts) was an inadvertent gift – it has shown us that, with hard work, we can reach that echelon of top-class teams.

Never did this team rely on one player. It was a well-prepared unit. Everyone knew their role and everyone was willing to play their part.

This team has raised the bar forever in Chile. It has set an impressive standard of work ethic and professionalism. Whether future teams have more or less depth than this one is irrelevant; the preparation and endeavour of this 2014 team should be the norm. This should be non-negotiable. Clowns and posers should be shown the door.

I could choose to mentally relive Pinilla’s shot hitting the crossbar seconds from the very end, but I’d rather re-visit those images of a teary-eyed Medel. Those tears tell us that there are always aspirations for something more, because times have changed, hopefully for good.

So, it’s over to the ANFP now. It has to show the drive and transparency that this team has shown and ensure that this is just the beginning.

19. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chile needs to keep Sampaoli as NT manager for the next cycle. Intelligence with great passion, he completely owned Scolari today.

freeestyler and JAIME CHILE repped this.
  20. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Exactly. We can't let him go away. The COpa America should be ours next year playing home.

freeestyler and JAIME CHILE repped this.
  21. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My heart goes out to Chile, such a fantastic team and my personal favourite besides my failure of a team. To me the way Chile plays is football at it's most beautiful. Tough group, bad draw for the Rd of 16 just like in 2010. Luck will catch up eventually.

JAIME CHILE, MetroChile and Pipiolo repped this.
  22. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Can only imagine if Vidal, Medel and Fernandez had been 100% fit for this match, it would be Chile facing off Colombia next week.

23. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    http://www.cooperativa.cl/noticias/...-en-penales-con-brasil/2014-06-28/150305.html

Estadísticas

Brasil (1): 12. Julio César; 2. Daniel Alves, 3. Thiago Silva, 4. David Luiz, 6. Marcelo; 5. Fernandinho (72' 16. Ramires), 11. Oscar (106' 19. Willian), 17. Luiz Gustavo; 7. Hulk, 9. Fred (63' 21. Jo) y 10. Neymar. DT: Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Chile (1): 1. Claudio Bravo; 5. Francisco Silva, 17. Gary Medel (108' 13. José Rojas), 18. Gonzalo Jara; 20. Charles Aránguiz, 4. Mauricio Isla, 2. Eugenio Mena, 21. Marcelo Díaz, 8. Arturo Vidal (87' 9. Mauricio Pinilla); 7. Alexis Sánchez y 11. Eduardo Vargas (56' 16. Felipe Gutiérrez). DT: Jorge Sampaoli.

Goles: 1-0: 18'; David Luiz y 1-1: 32'; Alexis Sánchez.

En penales convirtieron David Luiz, Marcelo y Neymar, para Brasil; Marcelo Díaz y Charles Aránguiz para Chile.

Tarjetas amarillas: 55' Hulk, 59' Luiz Gustavo, 93' Jo y 105' Daniel Alves. 16' Eugenio Mena, 39' Francisco Silva y 102' Mauricio Pinilla.

Arbitro: Howard Webb (ING)

Estadio Mineirao de Belo Horizonte.

Partido válido por los octavos de final en el Mundial de Brasil 2014.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  24. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Bien peleado por nuestros futbolistas.

Una mierda el draw y el grupo que nos tocó, pero si nos hacemos asiduos a clasificar, algún día se nos dará un cuadro algo manejable. Ya ni pido uno fácil, solamente uno en donde no seas un abonado a enfrentarte al mejor de la actualidad y luego al más laureado de la historia.

7 puntitos en el Mundial es más de lo que hubiera esperado luego del sorteo de Costa do Sauipe.
    Un éxito desde ese punto de vista.

25. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Winning the Copa America next year should be the goal, Chile is obviously capable of this.

freeestyler, JAIME CHILE and MetroChile repped this.