CHILE-Brasil, 28 de Junio en Belo Horizonte (Mundial 2014) [R]

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by HeartandSoul, Jun 23, 2014.

1. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  2. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  3. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #3 freeestyler, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    I really can't understand why we simply don't have a chance with this draws. It's everytime the same sh*t. 4 years ago we were in a group with the strongest team in the world and our demon was waiting for us in the next round. Now the only think I wanted before the draw was not beeing with Holland in a group from the european pot and not playing Brazil so early in the tournament. I promise, for the next WC I will not say and think anything before the draw..

But let's talk about the future, living in the past and thinking what it would have been, if something was not as it is, is for the losers, and we can be only proud of this team and it's development in the last 7 years.

Again and again and again Brazil... It's everytime the same with our luck. But now everything is different. It would be very difficult, I know. It would be the most difficult task for this team and Sampaoli to play against our demon, against the statistics and the history, against the crowd, against the referees. But this is the point, this is the moment, when this team can change everything only in 90 or 120 minutes.

Don't get me worng, I know the history. I have watched all the games against Brazil since 1997. I know what it means for a chilean to be on the field playing against Brazil.. BUT... First of all we have to be optimists. I have always been, I am and I will always be an optimist and this is the only way you can succeed in this life, without beeing smashed from the history or some other factors. Thinking positive you can change everything.

The boys are much mature than all other teams in the chilean football history even much more than this one 4 years ago. This team is much stronger than all other chilean teams in the history. Almost all the players are playing in Europe, all of them know much better how to deal with the pressure, how to play against strong players etc. The biggest sign for that is the number of the yellow cards in this tournament -4!! ..and the one of Vidal has nothing to do with hard playing. Who have expected something like that? We all expected a red for Medel againt Diego Costa or Robben. Medel has not even made a single foul in this tournament, where you show him a yc, and that in 270 minutes. Even 2 years ago we were earning easily 4 yellows just in a single half time.

We have 3-4 world class players, who can be stars in every single team in this planet and this could be fundamental in a game like that. We have a passionate coach, who can be very proud of. We have a brazilian team which is playing awfull so far and is one of the most deffensive teams in the brazilian history and that's perfect for our tactics. They are under presure, everybody in Brazil expect them to win this world cup and I don't have the feeling this guys can deal with such a pressure.

This is a golden opportunity for Chile to change the history, to make something very big and the most important thing to get rid of it's demons. The game is from this opportunities you have once in a lifetime! Now or never!

This boys have taken points in Montevideo and Asuncion for a first time since decades. They have won for the first time in an official game in the chilean football history against Argentina 5 years ago. Last week thay did that again against Spain. Why not doing the same thing on saturday! They have the quality, the coach, the power, the tactical strength, they have everything, even nobody is injured or banned. This is it! I don't want to see my team loosing against Brazil and going home every 4 years my whole life long. That's enough! I'm quite confident Chile will play next week again ;) We can win this game and we will win this game! Believe me or not, we will see in 4 days if I'm right or not ;)

¡ Vamos Chile Mierda !

4. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Noble post, freeestyler, especially this last part.

This team has come a long way in the last 6+ years. What's more is that many of these guys might not be present in 4 years. We will see changes, departures, new faces, etc.

In terms of the game, I think that it will benefit Chile to score first. I'm not convinced that this team can score against a team that parks the bus at the back. The Spain game is a good example; they were forced to attack Chile and lost. We were forced to attack the Netherlands and lost.

Sampaoli has two forwards at his disposal who can play perfectly well on the counter-attack: Alexis and Vargas. But, the full-backs will need to improve their game significantly, and Valdivia will need to be a factor and play at least a half of football, otherwise it will be impossible.

JAIME CHILE and freeestyler repped this.
  5. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #5 freeestyler, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    I completely agree with you. There are simply teams, which can not handle with a bus parked at the back.

The key to the success on saturday is the offensive work of Vargas, Mena and Isla + no mistakes in the midfield - worng passes etc.

All we have to do in the next 4 days is to believe, to believe and when we have nothing less to do - again to believe :)

6. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    1) The players aren't focused. They'd rather goof off like juveniles with Bonini prior to a decisive match.
    http://www.tvn.cl/fifaworldcup/noti...los-jugadores-de-roja-al-profe-bonini-1293568

2) FIFA will continue milking Chile of money by punishing the futbol federation for the incident involving a mob of fans. We have no weight.
    http://redgol.cl/2014/6/fifa-multo-a-la-federacion-chilena-por-inc/

I am highly upset with our performance vs. the Netherlands and am now being a realist considering the circumstance we face.

7. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    ¿El partido es a la misma hora (primero de octavos de final) y día (sábado) que los otros duelos de octavos ante Brasil?

Tengo panorama para un sábado de finales de junio Rusia 2018: duelo de segunda ronda en Nizhnyi Novgorod vs Brasil.

FML

8. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Un par de datos. Por primera vez no llegamos con sus pendidos como el 98 y el 2010. Segundo este Brazil es mas abordable que otros, pero estan de locales. Ojala la "presion" que ha ejercido Chile en contra del arbitro no nos vaya a jugar en contra. Lo que si, en el juego aereo estamos en desventaja. Nos sacan varios centimetros. Y NEymar viene en alza. Creo que hay que atacarlos por el lado de D. ALves quien ha tenido un mundial bajisimo, tanto defendiendo como atacando.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  9. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Lo más desagradable es saber que a Neymar no lo podremos ni mirar y nos darán amarilla. No hay por donde ser favoritos, pero en el futbol puede pasar de todos. Veremos una batalla de himnos a "capella"

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  10. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Do you have any idea, how many chileans will be on the stadium? I don't know how the tickets for the knock-out phase have been sold.

11. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  12. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Creo que el estadio estará miti miti.

(Que frio los himnos de los otros paises, argentina incluida)

13. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Es hora de poner a Albornoz en el medio campo ya que Sanchez y Vidal van a estar muy abajo ayudando a la defensa.

14. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Albornoz en el medio campo? por quien?

15. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Gutierrez, Aranguiz o Diaz.

16. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Pero no juega en el medio campo, además, si es por quite, despues de Medel el mejor es Carmona. Yo lo pondria por Jara atras, y ni tan seguro,hay que arriesgar y Jara te puede hacer un partido horrible o uno brillante.

17. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Podria poner a ALbornoz para darle mas estatura a la defensa. Considerando el juego aereo de Brazil.

Yañez repped this.
  18. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Lo que me da miedo es la tendencia mala de los arbitros. A Neymar no se le puede ni mirar y te sancionan.

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Con la pelota picando correctamente, este partido se puede ganar, muchachos.

Con un árbitro que no responsabilice a Chile del malestar social Brasil y del hecho de que simplemente sin el local, los estadios no se llenan allá, es posible.

El tema va a ser si el árbitro esté a la altura de las circunstancias.

JAIME CHILE and Yañez repped this.
  20. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    [​IMG]

Above: how to deactivate Neymar.

If a Chilean player is caught one-on-one with the guy, it’s all over. You take out Suarez from Uruguay, they aren’t the same. It’s the same thing with Neymar. Have 2-3 guys on him at all times, cut the space and don’t let him breathe. It’s harder to make those all-or-nothing, pointless, lunging tackles this way.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  21. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Messi’s first goal against Nigeria yesterday is what I’ve said that Chile’s players have to do; anyone who sees the loose ball in the box has to pick his spot and blast it through the net. The way we’re playing indicates that we won’t create a boatload of chances, so the golden ones have to be taken and engraved into football history.

Vargas has to lift (a lot) and the midfielders have to bring Alexis into play when he’s in his zone. Alexis picking up the ball from the centre circle helps no one; it is a bad sign and warning notice for Sampaoli to bark out orders and/or make changes.

22. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Howard Webb will be the ref for this game.

[​IMG]

Same ref from the last time we faced Brazil at the 2010 World Cup.

23. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    From what I remember he did well, he lets a lot of fouls go which might be good for us as Neymar is being protected left and right.

24. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Chile has never lost a game in the World Cup after scoring first.

In the first round our scores were exactly as in 1962! So, we should win 2-1, if they continue the same...

freeestyler and Rickdog repped this.
  25. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I am ready to witness history tomorrow. I just don't see a better shot and a better occasion than this one. Vamos cabros, jueguen el partido de nuestra historia!