Chicharito & Efrain Alvarez @ L.A. Laxatives

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Solid444, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revilla18

revilla18 Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There will always be hate, I don’t understand why. Mexicans should support each other no matter what. Not put down and belittle our own people. Then again like they say. “A Mexicans worst enemy is another Mexican”

On that note, I’m always looking on the positive side and you always gotta give the benefit of the doubt, especially for our TOP Goal scorer.

Vamos Cheech, keep putting the work in [emoji1434]

2. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sure but forwards are streaky and Cheech is getting hot for the summer. May he continue to score at an alarming rate.

5 goals in 2 games

3. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    These days, I only care for him if he's dropping 20 bombs on Call of Duty.

Good for him tho on scoring a hat trick. That's not easy no matter the league.

4. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So what if he's our top goal scorer? Nobody forced him to go to a retirement league. Not acknowledging that he's scoring at a vastly inferior level to what he's used to would be disingenuous.

This isn't a Mexican hating on Mexican thing. I have infinitely more respect for guys who, despite everything, continue to test themselves at the highest levels in Europe. Cheech had the reputation to keep playing in a top-5 league but he decided to cash in. It is what it is.

5. revilla18

revilla18 Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He wasn’t givin the opportunity to thrive. He never did. Sevilla never gave him that chance. So you’re wrong. Most teams never did.

And if you followed our guys from back in the day you would know what I’m talking about.

They never gave our boys the opportunity, only a couple games; and would then hand it off to a Brazilian/Argentino or some European. Our guys in Europe were ALWAYS overlooked. I will never forget those days, and it still happens. Not as much, (because these guys paved the way) but it still does.

I’m sure if Chicharito was given the opportunity and confidence HE would THRIVE. Just like every time he put on that Man U shirt when given the chance, he would seize the opportunity and put them away. But was always overlooked when another “Nationality” came in the picture.

6. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Si Hernández agarra ritmo y físico, y está en buen momento, es superior a la mejor versión de Martin, Macías, Ormeño, etc.

El único que en buen momento podría ser mejor es Raúl, los demás no.

Javier tiene mucha experiencia y si se enciende, es un delantero que puede hacerle daño a cualquier selección del mundo.

7. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Tampoco exageres, la MLS es solo un poquito inferior a la liga mexicana, si bien no han ganado los gringos el torneo, un partido de un equipo de la MLS contra uno mexicano, es siempre un partido parejo.

Es más, un equipo de la MLS acaba de eliminar al campeón de México de la Concacaf...

Así que tampoco hay que exagerar como si estuviera metiendo goles en la liga de Costa Rica.

8. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Lo que pasó con el Chicharito es que debió irse a un equipo de menor nivel y en una liga menos demandante en lo físico, como la española o la bundesliga, porque si físico ya no es igual.

Pero el West Ham por el tema de la liga, y el Sevilla, por el tema de ser un equipo de más nivel, pues le costó.

Pero en un Betis, Celta, Sporting de Lisboa, Bremen, Colonia, etc, Besiktas, etc, hubiera sido titular.

revilla18 repped this.
  9. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At Sevilla, he was competing with like 3 other players at the time. The team gave him a couple starts and he didn't deliver. They started someone else who took full advantage of their opportunity and he was relegated to the bench. Such is the life of competing for a spot in a European team, as opposed to having a dreadful year in the MLS and continuing to get opportunities because you're literally the poster boy of the team.
    I know you're historically antipathic towards anything Liga MX related but just the fact that Liga MX has won 15 straight editions of the CCL says it all. I highly doubt Chicharito would be having a field day with Liga MX defenses, especially taking into account that MLS defenses are famously known for being leaky.

As for León, it's not the first time there's a fracaso from a Liga MX team in the CCL and it probably won't be the last.

10. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    La MLS sigue siendo una liga débil, pero no hay mucha diferencia con la mexicana, ya clubes gringos han eliminado a equipos como el América varias veces.

Es como los equipos mexicanos en Libertadores, no podemos decir que son muy inferiores a los sudamericanos solo porque no han ganado el torneo, ¿o sí?

La liga mexicana tampoco es muy buena defendiendo, claro, la MLS es un desastre, pero mira los números de futbolistas limitados como Jara. Creo que Hernández en forma pudiera anotar unos 10-12 goles en una temporada.

11. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Pero no han ganado ni madres...por favor...no se pueden igualar ni siquiera comparar...la MLS es una liga muy inferior.

12. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If he keeps up this pace, I wouldn't mind giving him a look in the Gold Cup. Him and Funes Mori wouldn't be a bad pair if Jimenez is still not ready, Martín goes to Tokyo and Tata keeps ignoring Ormeño.

Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  13. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And being fair, he was really bad last season.

Athazagoraphobia repped this.
  14. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    MLS - April 25, 2021:

LA Galaxy: Javier Hernández (32, FW), who scored a hat trick, and Adam Saldaña (19, MF) respectively played 78 and 67 minutes while Jonathan dos Santos (30, MF) played 73 and was replaced by Efraín Álvarez (18, MF), who got a yellow. They won 3–2 against New York Red Bulls.

15. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Lmaooooo!

That shot was so awful that it turned into the perfect pass to Chichad10s.:D

16. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Special_talent23 and beat junky repped this.
  17. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Cheech is Cheech...we all know the quality he has. He succeeded at the highest level even though he’s currently playing in a pretty inferior league now.

But I said it a few weeks back, if he gets hot he’s deadly and he’s proven it. He can’t be ignored.

No matter where he plays as long as we don’t have anybody who has stepped up to fill that void at forward he’s a much better option than Martin or Ormeno. At least until Macias takes that torch from Cheech.

18. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    By the time gold cup and Olympics come around hes going to be in top physical shape and sharpness

Definitely needs to be on one of those squads

Dude looks like he's going to score everytime he's in box

Hecho en Chivas and Saldgotti1991 repped this.
  19. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    Good for him, nice to see him back in form. But I will say, I watched the highlights and it looked like he was playing a semiprofessional team. Even still, i wouldn’t mind seeing him in one of the summer squads though I’m not sure mls would let him go for the Olympics

Athazagoraphobia repped this.
  20. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Los mexicanos en Libertadores tampoco, y ahí el discurso es el contrario.

Inferior, sí.

Muy inferior, no.

21. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Copa Sudamericana, un campeonato. Libertadores unas cuantas finales, y eso que los equipos mexicanos nada mas tuvieron 18 oportunidades.

La MLS en Libertadores sería una humillación estilo AMLO. Pura verguenza y pena ajena.

22. cesarmontes11

cesarmontes11 Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    CHNR's unite!

beat junky and chiva_guero repped this.
  23. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Hablo únicamente de la Libertadores.

Los equipos gringos también han metido varias finales en la Concacaf, es el mismo caso, realmente.

Desde que jugaron los equipos mexicanos la libertadores 2 clubes colombianos, y 1 ecuatoriano ganaron la libertadores, no hay excusa tampoco.

La MLS es mejor liga que cualquiera sudamericana, menos la brasileña y la Argentina.

La liga mexicana es superior a la MLS, pero no muy superior, en mi opinión. Es todo.

Saludos.

Thecoach101 and Sanchito repped this.
  24. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not really. Some of those Liga MX vs MLS finals were artificially manufactured by CONCACAF by putting all MLS teams in one bracket so that they could avoid Liga MX up until the final. Thankfully it got discontinued but it’s still important to remember because MLS supporters will conveniently forget.

We all know about CONMEBOL’s antics with Mexican teams.

AMLO2018, Sanchito and Saldgotti1991 repped this.
  25. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :rolleyes:

No mames!

Hasta los peores equipos de Paraguay, Chile, Colombia, etc. se chingan a los payasos de la MLS