Chicharito & Efrain Alvarez @ L.A. Laxatives

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Solid444, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonrocks

moonrocks Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    after a full day after blowing my gasket, i'm not tripping about this anymore lol. hopefully he just uses the league to get back into fitness and goes back to europe. and if he doesn't, ni modos.

ivan_14 and SoyOllin repped this.
  2. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    [/QUOTE]In all honest Landon had several stages of a European career, he went to Bundesliga as a teenager after being a catalyst in 02 WC. Donovan has always been a different player some just are he doesn't really care what others think he played where he wanted. But the argument of him failing in Euro was soley on the Bundesliga stints completely ignoring his two successful EPL stints with Everton where he was a fan favorite at the club, the Galaxy wouldn't sell him tho only agreeing to the loan deal. I've always amired Gio as a player for you guys. Btw one guy was tryna act like Giovinco was on his last leg or somestuff dude signed with Toronto at 27 he just turned 28. MLS is shifting their model into signing younger SA players Argies like Piatti, Higuain, the Valeri's and (COMLB)Montero's of the World. Gio's form will be just fine try not to let the blind hate and rooting for MLS to fail to overwhelm you. Kean has been there since 32 and still getting it done.

The notion that you have to bash or need MLS to fail to feel good about Liga MX or Mexican football is a misnomer. The better MLS becomes even if it gets to a point of MLS goal of regional Supremacy it will only benefit the game in both countries the two can coexist.[/QUOTE]

We don't need to bash, I mean the proof is in the pudding. How many times did Mexican clubs beat US clubs in the CCL finals?

3. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly! It's not worth acting like this is the end of the world for him or on the national team. Yea it sucks, but ni modo, if you are truly are supporter of him as a player for our national team, then we just gotta support him and hope he brings his A game each time.

moonrocks repped this.
  4. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My one and only post in this thread
    [​IMG]

*unsub

5. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    Honest question, why was this thread created? Are people on here actually gonna watch his games? I never watched even when El Kaiser or Blanco was at the MLS.

I suppose most of you will watch CCL games when they play against Mexican teams, but that doesn't really count.

It's called FOOTBALL, LGRod and AMLO2018 repped this.
  6. moonrocks

moonrocks Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    well rafa and blanco came towards the end of their career's. gio is literally in his prime. so there is a huge difference. because he's in his prime, i'm sure plenty of peeps are going to tune in to watch him play. hell, i literally live about 10 miles away from stub hub center. i might end up going to watch him play :cry:

SoyOllin repped this.
  7. eddygee

eddygee Member+

DC United
    May 12, 2007
    Moco, Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #132 eddygee, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    [QUOTE="OneJillion$$$, post: In all honesty Landon had several stages of a European career, he went to Bundesliga as a teenager after being a catalyst in 02 WC. Donovan has always been a different player some just are he doesn't really care what others think he played where he wanted. But the argument of him failing in Euro was soley on the Bundesliga stints completely ignoring his two successful EPL stints with Everton where he was a fan favorite at the club, the Galaxy wouldn't sell him tho only agreeing to the loan deal. I've always amired Gio as a player for you guys. Btw one guy was tryna act like Giovinco was on his last leg or somestuff dude signed with Toronto at 27 he just turned 28. MLS is shifting their model into signing younger SA players Argies like Piatti, Higuain, the Valeri's and (COMLB)Montero's of the World. Gio's form will be just fine try not to let the blind hate and rooting for MLS to fail to overwhelm you. Kean has been there since 32 and still getting it done.

The notion that you have to bash or need MLS to fail to feel good about Liga MX or Mexican football is a misnomer. The better MLS becomes even if it gets to a point of MLS goal of regional Supremacy it will only benefit the game in both countries the two can coexist.[/QUOTE]

We don't need to bash, I mean the proof is in the pudding. How many times did Mexican clubs beat US clubs in the CCL finals?[/QUOTE]

Ok? But the thing is there is bashing. If you look back at my post in the rumors thread I even said Liga Mx has a strangle hold on CCL. No matter that the games are close and to the wire with teams from both leagues trading wins in the finals MLS can't get over that hump YET. However some do have a blind hate of any MLS US related.I guess it's expexted in a rivalry. But I stand by what I said MLS trying to increase the profile of their league to strive to be a top one is good for both leagues. It will push both leagues, MLS has a blue print of how to get their lol @ the ambitions all you want but they back it up with $$$. Liga Mx will respond to the push and try to reinforce their dominance of being on top. As others here have allowed their wanting MLS and all things US to fail to cloud their judgement. Truth is that Liga MX has a SLIGHT advantage over MLS currently as the better of the two, current results bare that out. However that slightness, the point is still that Liga MX is better. But to proclaim Gio who is a very good player is now a bum and will be garbage cause he now will be playing in MLS for a top MLS club like the Galaxy no less makes no sense. When you have people claiming MLS is liga ascension level just shows that some are hating just because it's MLS.

The two leagues can coexist and push each other to be better just like Liga MX has done to MLS and El Tri has done with the US. MLS has a blue print of each club having 5-6 star players and surround them with 15 solid role players and hope they can overtake Liga MX finally.

artielange84 repped this.
  8. Al Brinco

Al Brinco Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    pinche Gio...

Yo ando en Toronto, y desde que llego el Toronto FC el 2006, nunca e comprado un pinche boleto para ver a un partido de esa liga mediocre... ni porque llegue Gio y tenga oportunidad de verlo por aca, comprare una entrada..

9. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    In all honest Landon had several stages of a European career, he went to Bundesliga as a teenager after being a catalyst in 02 WC. Donovan has always been a different player some just are he doesn't really care what others think he played where he wanted. But the argument of him failing in Euro was soley on the Bundesliga stints completely ignoring his two successful EPL stints with Everton where he was a fan favorite at the club, the Galaxy wouldn't sell him tho only agreeing to the loan deal. I've always amired Gio as a player for you guys. Btw one guy was tryna act like Giovinco was on his last leg or somestuff dude signed with Toronto at 27 he just turned 28. MLS is shifting their model into signing younger SA players Argies like Piatti, Higuain, the Valeri's and (COMLB)Montero's of the World. Gio's form will be just fine try not to let the blind hate and rooting for MLS to fail to overwhelm you. Kean has been there since 32 and still getting it done.

We don't need to bash, I mean the proof is in the pudding. How many times did Mexican clubs beat US clubs in the CCL finals?[/QUOTE]

Last year? Believe they went 1-1 in head to head..

10. eddygee

eddygee Member+

DC United
    May 12, 2007
    Moco, Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #135 eddygee, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    MLS is hoping alot of El Tri fans can buy tickets to see Gio and check out the quality of the league and continue to watch.

11. eddygee

eddygee Member+

DC United
    May 12, 2007
    Moco, Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Last year? Believe they went 1-1 in head to head..[/QUOTE]

Which as an MLS standpoint is better than 7-8yrs ago when the only team that was remotely competitive against Liga MX teams were the Dynamo. Which is where the often mockef the "gap is closing comes from" I try to look at things from an equal standpoint imo no matter if MLS wins a game in the knockout round or even a game in the finals its fruitless if we fail to win the CCL yes the leagues are becoming comparable but unti and MLS team lifts the trophy Liga MX has bragging rights.

One poster said Liga Mx has been declining for the past 4 or 5 years is that so and why? You guys get most of the top Argies and SA's who don't go to Europe.

12. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Close this thread. If you want to post about Gio, do it in the general MLS thread with all the other trash that goes to that league.

13. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's sad to see that he quit and decided to retire at the age of 26.

ni modos.

Miguel Myers, JJV1994 and AMLO2018 repped this.
  14. slkdave

slkdave Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    San Diego
    Could be worse. He could have cashed out for that oil money or worse, gone to the Ukrainian league, lol

15. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ukrainian league >> Shit Ass MLS

Shakhtar Donetsk & Dynamo Kyiv are better than every MLS team. Hell those European teams's games would be kept tracked of on here way more than Galaxy lmao

Gio-13 and It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  16. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Amen

JJV1994 repped this.
  17. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A mi me paso los mismo cuando Pavel Pardo y otros Mexicanos ficharon para Chicago Fire

It's called FOOTBALL and Al Brinco repped this.
  18. ivan_14

ivan_14 Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    everyone start buying his jersey so LA galaxy makes the back money lol:ROFLMAO:
    which will probably happen from all the fans there

19. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The same fans from Nacolandia that idolize Jenni Rivera will be buying up Gio merchandise that the Galaxy will consider this transfer very profitable.

Gio is injury prone and probably realized he needed to cash in on his career before he turned into a tragic tale of "talented stud retiring early due to injury".

Great deal from both sides. I'll be watching how Gio does with the Galaxy during CCL and playoff games.

20. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    if cheech could learn how to head from borgetti, what is gio learned some long distance shooting from gerrard?

21. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007

I'm buying the jersey as soon as I can, but Jenni who?

22. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good thing Gio signed that contract today.

How long is he out for?

23. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chich keeps himself in game shape despite not playing much...His work ethic is on a whole 'nother lvel

24. slkdave

slkdave Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    San Diego
    Gio: "How long is the contract for, again?" :D

Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  25. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    3-5 dias si no hay ruptura, igual se pierde el juego contra los Ticos.

AMLO2018 repped this.