Chicharito & Efrain Alvarez @ L.A. Laxatives

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Solid444, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    Blanco and Cubo don't seem to have needed much medical care when playing in MLS. Its ridiculous to pretend that MLS is at fault for the terrible referees that Concacaf has at all tournaments.

MLS is not Honduras and its sad how people pretend that MLS is super dirty. From what i've seen at the CCL games, MLS teams were physical at times but never overtly dirty.

esco300 repped this.
  2. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    is this official yet?

iveman27 repped this.
  3. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Yall are tripping. Donovan playing for MLS didn't stop him from completely embarrassing Mexico at times.

Gio will be fine

Roazay7, Don Boppero 3000, Milk! and 8 others repped this.
  4. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005
    You could see the mls quality in Gio all too soon in the ten minutes he got today.

moonrocks repped this.
  5. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    I'm not sure why people keep mentioning donavon. he and gio are not the same player. for one, donavon failed in europe, went to MLS when he was a teenager and thus didn't really have to adapt to the slower, less skilled pace. Gio has done well in spain and will be coming to a much less skilled league way later in his football career than landy.

its not going to be easy adjusting to the lack of talent around him. just ask marquez.

JJV1994 and Tejano repped this.
  6. eddygee

eddygee Member+

DC United
    May 12, 2007
    Moco, Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #106 eddygee, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    [QUOa="lreonpost: 32588180, stf g711"]I'm not sure why people keep mentioning donavon. he and gio are not the same player. for one, donavon failed in europe, went to MLS when he was a teenager and thus didn't really have to adapt to the slower, less skilled pace. Gio has done well in spain and will be coming to a much less skilled league way later in his football career than landy.

its not going to be easy adjusting to the lack of talent around him. just ask marquez.[/QUOTE]

In all honest Landon had several stages of a European career, he went to Bundesliga as a teenager after being a catalyst in 02 WC. Donovan has always been a different player some just are he doesn't really care what others think he played where he wanted. But the argument of him failing in Euro was soley on the Bundesliga stints completely ignoring his two successful EPL stints with Everton where he was a fan favorite at the club, the Galaxy wouldn't sell him tho only agreeing to the loan deal. I've always amired Gio as a player for you guys. Btw one guy was tryna act like Giovinco was on his last leg or somestuff dude signed with Toronto at 27 he just turned 28. MLS is shifting their model into signing younger SA players Argies like Piatti, Higuain, the Valeri's and (COMLB)Montero's of the World. Gio's form will be just fine try not to let the blind hate and rooting for MLS to fail to overwhelm you. Kean has been there since 32 and still getting it done.

The notion that you have to bash or need MLS to fail to feel good about Liga MX or Mexican football is a misnomer. The better MLS becomes even if it gets to a point of MLS goal of regional Supremacy it will only benefit the game in both countries the two can coexist.

Various Styles repped this.
  7. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    Donovan was a great player but he did fail in Europe, and having two good short stints doesn't change that.

JJV1994 repped this.
  8. eddygee

eddygee Member+

DC United
    May 12, 2007
    Moco, Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #108 eddygee, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015

I can see your point but the opposing argument can be made that it had a successful end Donovan went back in his late twenties to finally proove it when he was ready that he could play in the top leagues, it could of been a longer stay, but the Galaxy weren't selling one of their star players to a mid table EPL club. This ambivalence to what others think was the reason for his clash of egos with Klinsi. Had he went to WC the US has a chance to beat Belgium midway and late in the game where attacking options were lacking. Don't wanna derail this thread so back to Gio he'll be fine. What do I know just a Moreno from MD

9. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    From a neutral point of view, it makes sense for Gio. He gets injured too much. Has never really had a consistent season and has probably lost a lot of ambition. Getting 7m a year is a HUGE step up. Looking at his pics, he seems like he's loving the U.S life and wants to be closer to his family over here. I think he might even benefit physically since the U.S focuses a lot on fitness and conditioning, plus top-notch doctors and physicians.

From a NT fan pov, I'm very shocked that he doesn't have more ambition to succeed with his team and get to his peak playing level now that he's in his prime years. On the other hand, I think he might have better NT days ahead of him since he won't have so much pressure, as in Europe and won't be injured as often, if he works with top physios. We got some of the best from Gio when he was on the bench and didn't have so much pressure so who knows.

All I know is that what's done is done, so let the spazzing cease.

DaTruth, ivan_14, sizal9 and 4 others repped this.
  10. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wouldn't call is spazzing personally.

Some posters on BSMX are happy to call him up on merit and what he's done in the past.

I for one hope Piojo calls the players that stick it out in Europe. Doesn't necessarily mean that Gio will be left out altogether but I'd forget about him being a starter. Heck, I wouldn't complain if someone took his spot on the bench if they truly earned it.

11. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Piojo will never keep Gio out of the callups, he needs to keep Vela happy.

JJV1994 and DaTruth repped this.
  12. Gera

Gera Member

Aug 17, 2012
    So I see this thread open, and wonder is it official? Have yet to see any thing my self. And if it's not why is this thread open?

13. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    they hardly play with each other on the pitch...:sneaky:

LGRod repped this.
  14. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    spazz containment thread

Puma76 repped this.
  15. iveman27

iveman27 Member+

Feb 7, 2013
    Club:
    Club América
    5 pages and still not confirmed @Kaney lock it

16. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't open player threads unless it's official please.

Thanks.

JJV1994, AMLO2018, drunkguy10 and 8 others repped this.
  17. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    Just because Donovan was good doesn't mean that the MLS was good..
    What else did he do?

Gio gave up. plain and simple..

Rush1862, JJV1994, JRB92 and 11 others repped this.
  18. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    this is what team #nomerge brought upon us

i blame you heathens

19. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Rob MLS blind like Rafa did, Gio.

Lol

AMLO2018 repped this.
  20. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. Milk!

Milk! Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And just because MLS isn't good doesn't mean Gio won't be good.

22. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    there are still some Gio fans that are going to keep following, let them have this thread.

23. 1stYearCoach

1stYearCoach Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gio's going to flip when he sees what our California state tax is.

Richy_Rich repped this.
  24. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

ok positive spin..all that time may do Gio good..

mls off season like Nov to October?

lol

iveman27 repped this.
  25. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    Sorry I just had to laugh at this. It made me laugh as much as when that nad said, "They [Mexico] think they're better than Germany!"

Or was that you too? Almost nad-esque of you to say shit like that lol

AMLO2018 and Lukato repped this.