Chicharito & Efrain Alvarez @ L.A. Laxatives

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Solid444, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    lol, people getting mad at Gio for getting his "paper."

7 million a year is ridiculous amount for any player to turn down especially since he's had such shitty luck with getting playing time with his clubs.

Good for MLS that they're actually going out for the best Mexican players available. If the chatter is all true they are really opening their wallets and attempting to land two Mexican stars with huge marketing potential. Not necessarily the greatest outcome for Mexican fans but its foolish to bash them for doing the smart thing and earning 7-10 million a year instead of languishing on the bench in Europe.

People make a big deal that Gio and possibly Chicharito are joining a shitty league but forget that playing time is more important than our players rotting on a bench in Europe. I'd rather Chicharito and Gio be automatic starters while earning massive salaries than having their forms harmed by always sitting on the bench.

Gio i'm shocked that he is leaving Villareal but its obvious that he's not going to get anywhere near that amount if he stays in Europe. Gio probably could continue playing in europe because his talent is quite clear in Spain and smaller clubs will line up to sign him but its hard to knock him for going for his big payday. Its not like he's heading off to Qatar or China.

Chicharito i'm hoping he actually moves to MLS since he seems to be an idiot that thinks that he will be rated as anything more than a super sub or insurance by Europe's biggest clubs. He's a poacher that needs playing time more than creative players like Gio and if 10 million a year is a serious offer he's be stupid not to take it.

VincentVega, Skuzzy, santo and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If he gets injured in La Liga where the play isnt as physical as other leagues and he still gets injured, just imagine how its going to go for him when playing against all those troncos in the retirement league. It'll be like playing against Honduras every weekend.

Richy_Rich repped this.
  3. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    MLS will protect their investment. The US refs aren't so bad and its foolish to think that they will allow defenders to brutalize the star attackers.

4. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    where's neg rep when you need it

VincentVega, Rush1862, jrinsd19 and 3 others repped this.
  5. joshmartinez122

Apr 18, 2011
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I understand why you do not want Gio to sign with the Galaxy. You view it as a lack of ambition. You wonder why go to the US instead of Mexico if he does not want to be in Europe. You also seem to be thinking that, Gio signing with the Galaxy, is going to hurt his form.

Those all are fair arguments but I do not believe that going to MLS is going to hurt Gio. No matter what you think of MLS or the Galaxy he is going to be playing for a team that will hold him accountable. Bruce Arena is a fantastic coach and will make sure Gio continues to elevate his game. And call the league a retirement spot all you want but Gio having teammates like Gerrard and Keane can only be beneficial to his game. Is the MLS a step down from Europe? Surely. But signing with LA is not a death sentence for Gio's career. Look no further then Landon Donovan as to somebody who played in MLS and was still able to perform at the national team level. Gio will be find IF he does sign with the Galaxy.

and1football and esco300 repped this.
  6. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    This is why most Mexicans prefer he stays in Europe than bring down his level to MLS standards. Also, he's not near his mid 30's to play efficiently for the MLS.

AMLO2018 and LGRod repped this.
  7. CarlSagan

CarlSagan Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Hopefully if he does go there, he packs it in like Marquez and takes the league for a joke. A season later, his stay is a complete disaster and is sold.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  8. joshmartinez122

Apr 18, 2011
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair point. Serious question. What does age 30 have to do with anything? MLS is trending towards younger DP's being signed along with the older ones?

Also, would LigaMX turn down players like Pirlo, Keane, Gerrard, Giovinco and so on?I have a hard time believing they would.

artielange84 and megadeath repped this.
  9. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It saddens me greatly that this thread even exists. Why did you have to sellout, Gio?

Rush1862, Boxy Brown, AMLO2018 and 5 others repped this.
  10. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Really? So lets say he does that, then what? Giovani will be labeled as unprofessional and a joke. Why would any prospective teams would want Giovani?

11. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Giovinco is close to 29, he is on his last years of his career not exactly young, the rest of the DPs are the same thing as always, european stars close to retirement. While there are one or two great players in each one of the top MLS teams most of the players in the league have the same level as the guys in our second division or third division in England/Spain/Germany, great place for decaying European stars or guys with no bright future in Europe like Giovinco that want to feel like big guys while playing against vastly inferior opposition but beyond awful for players that want to get some level of competition, with no pressure to keep improving as a player.

and Yes I agree, would be awesome to have Pirlo, Villa, Keane and Gerrad here but it wouldn't accomplish much outside of the marketing value of the league and attracting fans to the stadiums, Giovinco is really not something special, he was a benchwarmer in Juventus and hasn't done anything of value in Europe for a while, Gignac who just signed for Tigres is kinda the same caliber of player as him, difference is that the guy will have one of the most expensive teams in the Americas behind him, a team built to actually win competitions (if they will or not depends on their coach) while Giovinco only has Jozy and Bradley who clearly have dropped their level after moving back to the MLS.

While those big names were great they wouldn't be able to contribute that much in our league as in yours due to their age and probably lack of motivation, they would still be able to show some glimpes of talent here and there like Ronaldinho did in Queretaro but they wouldn't transform "average" Liga MX teams into title contenders, I would rather see our league use that kind of money to bring more mid-top tier south american talent like it happened with Enner Valencia, Jackson Martinez, Chupete Suazo, Egidio Arevalo, Chucho Benitez, etc. as those are the guys that actually improve the level of competition in a league, the Pirlos, Lampards and Gerrards just want to cash in and have fun in LA and NY after a great career in Europe and sadly it seems that Gio wants the same except he never had a great career and doesn't seem to want one.

12. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Close the facking thread.

Rafa was already in his 30s and Bravo, Cuau and Palencia were never good enough to have a career in Europe.

This guy belongs in the others thread.

13. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    #63 Salmos, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    He's a really good player but if he doesn't go elsewhere, it's for a reason. He didn't have even an even roughly comparable offer from a good European team and I'm sure he would have taken it if it existed.

14. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Villarreal is the best team he could start with his talent at the moment, after that you have teams like Real Sociedad, Espanyol, Malaga, Rayo Vallecano, Celta, etc. I have no doubt all those guys would love to have Gio but no one would offer him even a 1/4 of what Galaxy is.

AMLO2018 and Athazagoraphobia repped this.
  15. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hate to say it, but he is not worth that in europe. soly based on his history.

Tejano, megadeath, Lukato and 1 other person repped this.
  16. siva66

siva66 Member+

Apr 7, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He chose to pack it in and take early retirement. Don't see a whole lot of hunger for the game there.

Tejano, Lukato and Athazagoraphobia repped this.
  17. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you guys hear that?

that was Gio flushing his career down the toilet

18. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  19. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    He would have never seen this money in Europe. He had reached his celing and there was a snowball chance in hell he would ever play for one of the big Euro teams (and big payday) . I am not fan of mls but 7 mil? yea anyone else don't like it could go f themselves I am getting my money. Career is very short and at some point you want to cash in. Way the world works boys and girls, and that is everywhere and in every profession.

Narc83 and Tejano repped this.
  20. Tejano

Tejano Member+

Sep 25, 2012
    Puro ATL
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    How much MLS do you watch? Have you even seen the concacaf tournament?

It's called FOOTBALL and AMLO2018 repped this.
  21. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    All you spazzos are cracking me up.

Gio finna get paid!!! Not his fault La Liga is broke as ********. On the reals, it's sad all you fackers turn your back on Gio, one of the greatest Mexican NT team players we've ever had. Fack all of you all, he doesn't need your support. GTFO!!!

and1football, esco300, Narc83 and 3 others repped this.
  22. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Stfu pussy lol who cares how much he's getting paid, it's not about how much he's making, it's at what level he's playing which is bottom of the barrel type shit, he won't last on the NT much longer after summer lol

Rush1862, Tejano and AMLO2018 repped this.
  23. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Pussy LOL, who's the one crying like a little bitch because Gio didn't do what you all wanted!!!

Also, that's bullshit and you know it. He's a made player already. He won't get better or worse, only in and out of form. With MLS shit schedule, you could argue he will be in better summer form which helps the NT actually. Also with that weird schedule, don't be surprised if LA loans him out during the winter. Loan could be to Europe or Mexico.

24. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gio sold his soul. :cry:

Rush1862, Tejano and LGRod repped this.
  25. la fresa

la fresa Member+