Chicago Ticket Sales Tracker

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by schrutebuck, Mar 31, 2009.

1. FKASCSN

FKASCSN Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably something like this...

[​IMG]

you remember this don't you? :D

2. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as there aren't urine bags flying :eek:

3. FKASCSN

FKASCSN Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    didn't see nor hear tell of any from where I stood that day but there were most definitely beer cups tossed from the upper and a lot of "THAT'S NOT BEER!"s. I just hope we don't have people dumb enough to be below them this time and decide to flip them off and yell derogatory/racist things at them instead of singing/cheering for our boys.

We *are* going to be outnumbered today but will we be outsung? Not if we all do our part. Leaving in about 4 hours, it's too long to wait.

4. Angelo1405

Angelo1405 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so....is it sold out yet ?

5. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
  6. shooter6065

shooter6065 Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I live in Wrigelyville and their are quite a few USA supporters out and about in the rain. My guess it will be 40/60 Honduras.

7. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Myself and Brandinho are on the bus about to get to Soldier Field. We were in downtown just now and there was some U.S. supporters but they were scarce. Honduras fans were all over the downtown area. They still are. Tonight's attendance right now is looking 70% Honduras 30% USA at best. Hopefully that changes when kickoff comes.

8. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't matter how many were there. They got really quiet after the equalizer, and you could here a pin drop in their sections after the game winner.

"YOU'RE NOT SINGING OVER THERE!!!"

:)

9. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For everyone who just watched the match or read a report and thinks it was 80/20, it wasn't. We were outnumbered but it wasn't as bad as people think. And after Donovan's goal, they were silent the rest of the match.

10. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say we were outnumbered by about 3 or 4 to 1.

When the Hondurans scored, the noise in the stadium reminded me of the noise I heard in Saprissa on Wednesday. US fans were definitely a significant minority yesterday.

11. Tyneside4life

Tyneside4life Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you go to Saprissa? That would be quite the experience.

12. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife and I spent our twentieth wedding anniversary in Estadio Ricardo Saprissa Aymá on Wednesday. And yes, it was an amazing experience. :)

13. Tyneside4life

Tyneside4life Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, congrats, one lucky guy to have a wife like that.

14. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We spent some time down on the coast before heading back to San Jose. Made a soccer vacation out of our anniversary trip.

15. papermache16

papermache16 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is why my honeymoon will be in 2014 in South America. :D

16. MattZ1318

MattZ1318 New Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Michigan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the first lets say, 40 minutes when they had the lead, it felt like we were out numbered 80-20..but after Landon got the PK, as stated before, they went silent, and it seemed like all the red in the crowd got more...what can I say..red? The red got more noticeable, and by the end of the night, I say we were like 70 - 30, 65-35ish. It wasn't a bad turnout, but still embarassing since it's supposed to be a home game.

17. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    I was going to say 70-30 them as well, but I think that's because a lot of US fans didn't wear red. I think there were a lot of neutral colors there that were actually US fans (especially people wearing white or blue US jerseys who could easily blend in with the Hondurans).

When the US scored their two goals, it sounded just as loud to me as when Honduras scored. Now, the covered section in the 100's that I sat in did some funny things with acoustics so it's quite possible that it was just from where I was sitting.

Their bunkering, while possibly the right strategy, took their own fans out of the game, even before Donovan scored.

18. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say 60/40. I thought early on it was more like 80/20 but I looked section by section and there were groups of US fans in every section. Of course I sat in the section across from the US supporters section and the crowd behind me seem predominantly Honduran.

19. Trav-Man

Trav-Man Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea I don't think you can really judge the US crowd based soley on the amount of red. In my group of 6 for example, I was the only one wearing red. I'm leaning to about a 1:3 ratio because the US celebration was pretty loud.

20. raindawg

raindawg Member

Sep 22, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another thing that doesn't help is that many (casual) US fans tend to arrive inside the stadium later than the "away" fans. Five of us got to our seats about an hour before kickoff, and tens of thousands of Honduras fans was already inside singing and chanting.

US fans were not very visible/audible until well into the 1st half....

21. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
    I would wager 75-25.

The Honduran fans were only loud when they scored, though. Pretty quiet otherwise.

They also hit me in the head with a full beer. I assume it was beer.