Chicago Ticket Sales Tracker

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by schrutebuck, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Tyneside4life

Tyneside4life Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just speaking in general, not specifically to you. I see what you were saying.

2. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008

haha, paranoid much?
    his job is to talk and to give his opinion.
    he his paid to do his job.
    you are familiar with the concept of talk radio, are you not?

3. Clay Davis

Clay Davis New Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    OK, I guess I may have started this diversion, so let's see if I can close it off.

My "insecure" comment was really based on what I see and hear in my community. My perception (right or wrong) is that people make childish/stupid/immature comments about the sport because they feel threatened by it. If you're insecure/threatened by something then try to minimize it by ripping on it. I see that in my local community and hear it on the regional radio (although Sirius helps me avoid that).

Right or wrong, just my opinion folks, people that rip on the sport are threatened by it.

Now let's get back on topic... My son and I will be in SA 300 section. My 39th cap, his 21st.

4. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So how many tickets have been sold?

5. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the hosts of the shows here hate soccer. Whenever they are forced to bring it up they make jokes. They had a trivia game a couple of weeks back and the answer to one of the questions was Blanco and after the answer was given (which none of the hosts got right) they kept saying "you meant Henry Blanco right?" as in the former Cub not the Fire player.

Also the tickets sold were mentioned by the guy doing to every 20 minute local sportscenter update. His job is not to really have an opinion but rather to say "the Sox won yesterday 6-2 and play again tonight, the Cubs had the day off, the US soccer match against Honduras has sold 45,000 tickets, etc."

6. soccerguyil

soccerguyil Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    I just got a email from US Soccer...48,000 tickets have been sold for this Sat.

7. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's going to be an awesome atmosphere.
    USA 3
    Honduras 0

8. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, with 48,000 sold already I'm thinking there is a good chance this sells out due to a large walk up crowd.

9. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to wikipedia, Soldier field has a capacity of 61,500, so this has to be one of the most heavily-attended WCQs in the USMNT's history.

10. shooter6065

shooter6065 Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    A quick look at Ticketmaster shows the best 4 seats currently available are way up in the 20th row of Section 432.

11. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think 57,000 against Mexico in '97 is the record. I think 54,000 against Honduras in '01 is 2nd. Hopefully this breaks the record.

12. jaxhawk06

jaxhawk06 New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    This thing has to be close to a sellout. Looking for 3 tickets, best available is in the 400s section 10 rows up. I'll be shocked at this rate if it isn't sold out

13. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This match should sell out at this rate.

14. delo_pata

delo_pata Member

Jan 12, 2001
    Durham, NC
    Mrs delo_pata and I will be there! Flying in from Durham, NC the morning of the match. So that's two USians for sure. ;)

15. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
  16. arswift

arswift New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I am being overly optimistic but from here out the tickets are probably going to US fans. I would assume the intensity of feelings in the Honduran community would have led them to buy tix already.

17. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
  18. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The capacity of Soldier Field is 61,500.
    We just might sell it out.

19. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Im Guessing by saturday morning we have about 55,000 and we get a walk-up of about 6,000 to put us at Sell-out.

20. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's going to be an awesome atmosphere.
    USA 3
    Honduras 0

21. tambo

tambo Member

Jun 9, 2007
    I asked this in what's become a fast-dying thread, so maybe I should ask here:

What are the supporters sections for this game, exactly? Is it all three tiers behind that endline -- the 120s, the 220s and the 320s?

I've got a line in on some seats, but want to make sure I'm getting myself in the right spot.

22. TheScarfMachine

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

220's aren't supporter sections seats, I don't believe. Try PMing Brunken from AO, he's on top of these things.

23. tambo

tambo Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Great, thanks. I'll do that. And will still welcome confirmation here if anyone's got it.

24. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think official soccer capacity for SF is 60,000 since the attendance for the GC final in '07 is listed at 60,000 and it notes it was a sellout. maybe they have less suites available?

25. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or they might just lose some seats at field level because of width requirements.