Chicago Storm

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by StingStorm, Dec 15, 2005.

1. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're criticizing the quality of players in the NBA as opposed to the MISL? I don't think you really want to go there.

2. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Quality of players? What if I told you that an average high school player can shoot the 3 better than Sweetney and SHAQ and forget about free-throws, thats just plain humiliating. Can they pass? No. Can they run? No. Is shaq overweight ?Yes. Can most players shoot the 3 with regularity? No. If your definition of quality player is aptitude for the slam-dunk, then I agree with your sentiment.

3. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the NBA has some tremendous athletes but I agree with you that there is a serious problem with fundamentals. Still, guys like Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, and Allen Iverson are excellent players who are exciting to watch. And, while I enjoyed last Sunday's Storm game, there was some sloppy play there, too. Four of the five Wave goals resulted from Storm miscues.

Getting back to the NBA, the Bulls are really pricing themselves out of the range of the average fan. The Bulls have a few $10 seats per game by league mandate, but those are pretty poor seats, although they tend to go fast because of the low cost.

4. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    All the NBA is right now is dunk it , or take a 3 pointer. The half court offense is gone , they cant shoot free throws.

5. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But can he do it (a) from NBA distance (b ) with Kobe Bryant in his face?

Didn't think so.

Make a salad with those apples and oranges.

6. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    The talented HS player would easily get free for an open shot when covered by Shaq or any center/forward in the NBA. But, the way the game is designed, being 7 foot is far more advantageous than being able to shoot the lights out standing at less than 6 foot. You must know that, right? I saw the ND v. Depaul game at Allstate. The ND back-court players probably never missed a 3 or a free-throw in HS. But matched up against 6'6" guards and forwards, they cant guard. They are clearly better players but not better "players".

7. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Does the NBA really have the BEST 3 point shooters? Probably not because the best 3 shooters are too short to cover anyone at the post. The guards can barely shoot the 3 much less any of the clunky centers or forwards. Yet people flock to watch a pro game where few players actually are exceptional shooters. Recall the way Rodman threw up the 3? That was the longest running joke in chicago.

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Riiiiiiiiiiight. Because 17-18 year olds with high school bodies can easily take out 30-year-old professional athletes one-on-one. "Easily."

What day is it on the planet you're on?

9. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Just when you'd thought you'd read it all in this forum...

10. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Have you ever seen shaq play? he can barely move. at 350 lbs how could he expect to. try going to an nba game and find out what the hype is all about.

11. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Shaq can barely move? Then why is he so much better than Greg Ostertag?

12. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Greg Ostertag isn't as good as your average high school player.

Duh.

13. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    What a great win against the Wave , and only 4 people cared to talk about it. I do get it now , this board rather complain than talk about games.

14. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to apologize to Kenn. I made a post earlier in this thread that was really kind of rude. I'm sorry about that.

15. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries, skip. Apologies here, too.

16. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999