Chicago Storm

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by StingStorm, Dec 15, 2005.

1. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    The Storm website has just announced that defender Matt Johnson will be out for one month and they have signed local kid Eric Luken to a 5 game contract.

2. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I guess less women will attend games now

3. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    LOL , that alone is bad news!

4. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    Capt - do you mean the 3 girls in the Matt Johnson jerseys at the last game? I sat right by them - one or two were from San Diego - the third moved here already (and one will be moving here soon). Nice girls. Funny - didn't think you saw them from behind the goal. They said they would be back for more games. We'll see Sunday. Bang that drum!

Another note - what happened to CFO Carey Moore?

5. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Moore has been gone for quite a while , I dont know why this is hitting the wire after all this time.

6. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    The Storm's game at California on January 7th will be televised on Comcast Chicago tape delay on January 9th at 1PM according to the team's website. Brian Bauer did say that this was in the works.

7. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game is live in California and can be seen live in Chicago if you have Directv and their Sports pack. I believe it is Channel 654 on DTV. The tape delayed broadcast is like last year early in the season at Philadelphia which was shown a few day later as well. The Cougars and the Kixx both have deals with their local Comcast spoerts networks. Expect the March 11 th game at Calfornia to be shown on delay as well as it is also being televised by the Cougars.

Speaking of TV, did anyone notice at yesterday's game up in the balcony across from the benches there appeared to be a broadcast going on. I doubt it was for the webcast as they had a black and yellow backdrop and with alot of lighting as well. There were also more cameras taping the game than usual.Will this game show up on tv as well? Cable access, On Demand like Milwaukee does with their home games? Were you a part of this Kenn?

8. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    The word I got on that was that it wsome sort of test to see if it could be done.

Maybe some college project or something. But from what I heard they weren't pros and it wasn't airing anywhere.

9. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How Lazo fairing this season? keep him healthy for us down here in Charleston!

10. bridgeviewturd

bridgeviewturd BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 30, 2005
    bridgeview

Thats nonsense. I will be there :cool: :D

11. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    The Storm ended their 4 game losing streak by defeating the Cougars 9-7. Gus Kartes had 4 goals and 1 assist and just miss tying Awadla Morad's team record of 5 goals in one game . Anthony Maher scored his first Storm goal a minute into the game. Mathew Steawrt played his best game of the year , he was very active on the floor adding a goal and an assist. Danny Waltman scores his second empty net goal of the year. The Storm has picked up midfielder Semir Mesanovic from the Wave.

12. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Great bounce back win aginst the Steamers. Storm played backup keeper Jeff Ricey today and he looked solid. Newcomer Semir Mesanovic hat the hat trick. Valle , Stewart , and Novi each added goals.

13. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    The Storm is playing the defending champion Wave sunday. Do any of the Storm " fans " in this forum care? Or is the only Storm coversation on this board have to do with the doomsday clock! The Storm had a great win last week against the Steamers and nobody wants to talk about it. Why are you people even wasting your time worrying about if the team is going to be here next year when nobody cares to talk about the games.I think people just want to complain because the attendance last year was better , but it still was not " good enough" . If the Storm was to get a sellout , then people would be complaining about it bing either " too many kids " , or " the crowd is not into the game ".

14. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a great win last Sunday. I hope they win again this Sunday against the Wave. I'm expecting a very good game. Despite the Bears game, I'll probably be at the UIC pavilion with my family. The kids should enjoy the mascot game.

15. bridgeviewturd

bridgeviewturd BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 30, 2005
    bridgeview
    IF it wasnt for the Bears game I would probably be going to the Storm game.

:( Oh well maybe next game

16. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Skip . Good for you. That has to be tough choice for you and I just wish you did not have to be in a position to chose between the 2 , Storm game against the rival Wave would have fit like a glove this saturday night.

17. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Congratulations to the MISL players of the week,
    Lazo Alavanja -offensive player of the week.
    Danny Waltman - goalkeeper of the week.

18. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Waltman was goalkeeper of the week? No offense to Danny, but that was not one of his better games.

19. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    To be honest , that is just what I said. There were alot of goals given up this week and I guess he was the best of the rest.

20. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only three freaking teams played this week, folks. Milwaukee (0-2, giving up 16 goals), St.Louis (1-0, giving up 4) and Chicago (1-0, giving up 5).

Brett Phillips no doubt finished second, but he only faced 8 shots on goal. Waltman faced 15, making 10 saves.

21. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes Kenn, I know only three freaking teams played this week. Chill out.

22. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So why be surprised that Waltman got GKOTW when there were only three candidates?

23. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because he had a poor first half of the game and he gave up a terrible goal in the second half so I didn't think that merited any type of honor. I didn't bother making an in-depth comparison of his performance to the performances of the other two goalies this weekend because I was just making an off-handed comment on a soccer board and not doing a master's thesis on the performances of MISL goalkeepers this past weekend. OK?

24. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I grew up with basketball and went to a Bulls game and sat in the lower level suites. About the most boring spectator sport exprience I have ever had. Much more intensity at a Storm game. The obvious difference is the stadium attendance which creates a spectacle itself. It is still mind boggling that people would rather go to a basketball game vs. the MISL. I saw more uncoordinated geeks on the court than I care to. Sweetny looked about 50 lbs over. Nowizky didnt even give a damn until the last 4-5 minutes. This is sport?