Chicago Soul

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Scooge, Jul 5, 2012.

1. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    All ye of little faith - Let's hope this works. They have been reaching out in a circle and some beyond and doing some reaching out to different clubs. You may not agree with that but person in a seat is a person in a seat no matter what age. They have faith, belief, encouragement and enthusiasm and let's hope this equates to a successful run. I for one will help them reach out to different markets and leads and friends that i know that may be interested in even doing group outings. If it doesn't work you can all say I told you so but until that day I will hang on.

2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going tomorrow to the Soul's open house,who else is going?

3. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Translation: realists.

4. Mad Header

Mad Header Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Mt Prospect
    Not going, too lazy. Please give us a report!

5. WisStateChampion

Oct 26, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woah Woah. First off van is the best there is. Sad but true he needs to be loud to get the crowd going. As far as pronounciation of names, he only reads what the other teams send to the office. He has no control over that. If there is no pronounciation listed, then he will ask the player to get it right.

6. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Photos please!

7. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I'm still in the stone age, my cell phone doesn't have a camera and if it did I don't know how to post them on the internet.
    I just got back from the soul's open house. small turnout I don't think there were much more than a 100 fans there.
    I can't say it was an official soccer event because Ray Cook was not there.
    They did say all home game and the 3 played in milwaukee would be broadcast live on 1280 am radio.
    They are looking for names for the dancers.
    They had a scrimmage won by the white shirts 4-2 but since they played each other hard to judge how they will do against MISL teams.
    They gave way posters and autographs after the scrimmage.

8. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a fun event today. I always argue Fanaddict's crowd estimates but I will say there were about 200 there at one point. Missing today was Bato, Novi, Stewart, and Brisson. Some of those guys coach youth clubs. I talked to Jeff Richey and he is an awesome guy. He is very knowledgeable about the game. They had a scrimmage followed by an autograph session. I also met the owner Dave Mokry who is also a really cool guy. He is a long time fan of the sport dating back to the Sting. He seems to be doing all the right things so far. I hope things work out for him. I also talked to legendary Sting announcer Howard Balsom. He did tell me about the radio broadcast's. He said that Willy Roy will be doing color on the games and that Michael Richardson would do color on a few of the games when Willy would be unavailable.

9. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously? What Wave players names does he mispronounce??

10. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soul is doing some very good things. We will see if that translates to butts in seats at Sears Centre. I still don't like their website. You can't buy tickets off of it, with no seating chart.

11. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    ... and thermostat at Sears lowered to 50F in dead of winter...

12. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    Well the Soul have finally used their collected e-mails and sent out a list of promotions... Looks like they have something for every game: Jesse White Tumblers, Scooby Doo Van, Team Poster night, mini-ball give away, $1 beers and dogs, DQ/Disney/Brookfield zoo stuff, etc. One cool highlight is a Willy Roy bobblehead on Wednesday 2/27.

They also re-affirmed the free parking policy - totally cool.

13. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jamie Lieberman announced on Facebook that he requested and received his release from the Soul.
    I was wondering if Lieberman would remain with the team after I heard that it had signed Jeff Richey. I think the Soul is making a mistake here. Nothing against Jeff Richey, but I think Lieberman is an excellent young keeper. I hope he catches on with another MISL team.

14. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plenty of PASL teams he could join up with too!

15. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    Lieberman's 10/15 Tweet: Rise and Shine - first day of training with the @ChicagoSoulFC boys!

Lieberman's 10/16 Tweet: Character, loyalty, and trust mean the most to me. With that said - I have asked for my release from Chicago Soul FC.

Well that went south fast.....

16. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    He's an OK keeper. Richey is far superior. If he was decent at all the Blast would have picked him up.

17. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here is his statement

Friends/Fans/Family -

For those of you who know me well, then you know I am a man of character, loyalty, honesty, and trust.... I am a man of principle and doing things the right way.

With that said, I no longer feel there is a mutual respect for such values.

I have asked for my release from Chicago Soul FC and have been granted my request. I am now a free agent and am looking at alternative o...
    ptions to remain involved with the MISL this season.

I will not provide further details, as I am trying to be as professional as possible in this situation. However, I am taking this moment to use social media to let everyone know what has taken place in my career, as well as use it to promote my availability for other teams.

Thank you.

-jamie

18. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    He has been practicing with the team already but just signed

20. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    Great player. I can't believe he is 36 already. Time flies.

21. JBRYAN

JBRYAN New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Don't get me wrong I am sure Jamie is a good keeper and sounds like a good guy but Jeff Richey is a seasoned veteran of the indoor game. Last I heard the Soul had three keepers in camp before Jamie even showed up. Jeff Richey, Nathan Sprenkel, and Josh Hill. So no doubt he would be disappointed to say the least. Richey= MISL veteran, Sprenkel= young kid development Hill= European Outdoor Experience.

22. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I thought Jamie was the first player they signed.

23. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He got Tijani Ayegbusi wrong for the first three years Tijani was in Milwaukee.

24. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, indoor is a fast-paced game.

25. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, no, he actually didn't. I doubt "the other teams" sent Wave players' pronunciations to the office. So, yes, he does have control over that and, yes, he's a clown. He's not "the best there is." He's a clown.

Scooge repped this.