Chicago Road Trip: July 4

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by BenC1357, Apr 17, 2006.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Ok, I'm starting conversations with Chicago about this game. I need to start to get an idea of how many tickets we need to buy. We need commitment and numbers for this, because this is going to be a holiday game in a brand new stadium so tickets will be hard to come by. We need to get a good core commited early and I'll buy a few extras so we can get the add ons. Please start the roll call now.

Also, transportation and lodging will be on your own again. I will try to find a hotel close to the stadium and set up some form of discount. I will post that info in this thread when I have it.

2. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm in for sure, and I imagine at least one or 2 with me from KC. I'm also meeting a small group of friends from around the country, and from college, so I imagine they will all be with me. I'll have more concrete numbers later.

3. KC_Karma

KC_Karma New Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Kansas City, Mo
    Jason and I will definitely be there - we already have hotel and airfare to Chicago!

4. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Ok, the tickets are officially reserved. We have 50 tickets. They will be $20 each. We only have them reserved, so I have to have an exact number by June 19. Please make plans early, as I will probably only take a few extra tickets with me. I put $200 of my own money up to reserve the seats, and to get the group rate we must have at least 15 go. So please help me get my money back.

Right now I have:
    Ben
    Matt
    Jason
    Kathie
    Jeff + 2

We need 40 more...

5. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whether or not I go is entirely dependent on whether or not the USA does one round better than they did last time. So, I guess it might be a bad idea to reserve tickets.

That said, i'm in for myself and maybe one more.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now I should be in, I need to finalize somethings with my summer schedule cause we have a tournament the 1st and 2nd of July I'll have to work. Just want to make sure things are good there before I fully commit.

7. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now, I'm me plus one, but could be as many as plus four.

8. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I am interested in this as well. I realize you guys probably wouldn't take 70 to St. Louis, but there might be something to work out.

9. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm probably in for 2 or 3 but I won't know for sure for a couple more weeks.

10. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I think that's the route we took last time. Part of that may be because we had to meet up with Ben - who was living in St. Louis at the time - but I think that's still the best route.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I-35 to I-80 might be just as quick now if not quicker, now that it's 70 on the interstates in Iowa.

12. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dont know if anyone is intrested but flights are only 130-140 (something like that) round trip.

13. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas

Train is only $80 round trip.

14. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not when we checked it out

15. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
  16. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well of course they are back down to 40...when we were looking they had the 80 round trip and the next day it was up to 120 round trip...i'd still rather fly and be there in 2 hours than take 8 hours on the train, its worth the extra 80 bucks for us.

17. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    The train is awesome to Chicago if you're doing a quicker turnaround and not staying a long time. No driving necessary. Room to move around, drink if you'd like. I might do the train this time. It's a great way to go.

18. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we thought about it and were going to but we want more time in chicago...but maybe next time we'll take the train

19. ericb7694

ericb7694 New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Osnabrueck, Germany
    Club:
    VfL Osnabrück
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Count me in :D

20. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    McGinty- Work on the boys from Lawrence for me please.

Keep signing up people. Fill my 50 ticket order so I have to increase the order! We're going to be on the opposite end of the stadium from Section 8 and we need to be big to intimidate them! HA, yeah right, at least we can try. ;)

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I am definitly in now.

22. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Right now I have:
    Ben
    Matt
    Jason
    Kathie
    Jeff + 2
    Roush + 1-3
    Redfood + 2-3
    McGinty
    Mike K.
    Eric B.
    Alex + 1-3

We need 40 more...

23. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ben, you can go ahead and put me down plus 1-3. I'll pay you for the cost of the tickets reguardles of whether or not I will actually be able to go or not.

24. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whatever you DO, don't go KC to St Louis to get to Chicago - they have EXTENSIVE linework this summer, and the UNION PACIFIC loves to stick AMTRAK in the siding, so expect BIG DELAYS getting to ST LOUIS, up to 3 and 4 hours late......

Stick with the air fare and you won't be sorely disappointed. The Trip from Chicago to Kansas City directly back is okay, because it takes a different route on the BNSF, and it is rarely late when it returns.

25. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what we were thinking of doing from Indy to Chicago, so none of us had to drive. I haven't checked the price yet though or anything else really. I'll have to start actually looking into all of that now that it's getting a little closer.