Chicago Red Stars 2012

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by MRAD12, May 14, 2012.

1. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tuned in just before 7, and the website said the feed would start at 8. I thought I'd gotten the time wrong, came back at 8, got the feed up, and found the game was several minutes into the second half. So I watched about the last 40 minutes.

2. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Can anyone tell us, CRS Owners if you are reading, why is it taking so long to get Ella Masar on the field? She was at the last two home games on the bench in street clothes. She looked about as fit as I've ever seen her. If the CRS are going to seriously compete for the Championship we need her on the field.

Will we see her on the field soon?

3. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Same problem here, but I think I can at least propose an explanation: WNY may have finally gotten their act together. For a team coming off back-to-back championships, they had a pretty crappy start, especially when they have Zerboni, Adriana, Van Egmond, Davis, and a slew of other WPS alum.

I fully expect Chicago to take the return leg. =-)

4. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  5. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's painful! The Eastern Region just does a single-elimination tournament (like the Men's Open Cup) spaced out over a couple of months, not a round-robin.

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I gues there was a bizarre ending to the CRS/WNY Flash game. I guess WNY goalie Lipsher had the ball and the Red Stars player refused to challange her. I gues Lines was not happy because he thought that was disrespectful or something. Why is not challanging someone with the ball disrespectfull?

http://www.buffalo.com/sports/blog/davis-earns-her-spot-as-flash-shocks-red-stars/

Does anyone have any more info on this?

7. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

8. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red Stars beat philadelphia 1-0 at Northwestern University's Lakeside field. What a gorgeous setting, the field is right on the shores of Lake Michigan.

9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I saw it on internet feed. What was the crowd like? A lot of people?

10. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice crowd. Most of the one sided stands were filled.

11. CRS Owners

CRS Owners Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Sorry for not being here for a bit. Just a few thoughts from CRS. First, the fans have been great and we exceeded our expectations by a wide margin at Northwestern. The North Shore fans showed up in force -- its funny we don't get the west suburbs to the Northwestern location and the North Shore fans (and city) don't make it out to Naperville for games. Oh well. We ran a couple new players against Philly to give them some time/exposure and almost broke it open early but had to beat the bunker late. Was disappointed that we didn't pick up a few more goals for goal differential, but then found out Boston lost to NE Mutiny -- wow! So we control our destiny.

Team is playing well and getting ready for a rugged few weeks here is the setup:

Our final home game this Saturday at Benedictine (on the brand new surface) in Lisle at 7pm. Yes beer available (none of the other stadiums we use will serve or allow it so drink up)! This is the payback match against WNY Flash. WE WANT EVERYONE THERE. Not sure what else to do, we are playing beautiful soccer, in first place and we put on a good show. You have to come support your team at this one. Guaranteed great game with lots of emotion. If we win this one we'll be sole possession of 1st with 2 tough road games remaining (19th at NE Mutiny and 22nd at NY Fury). We need this win.

At the same time we are in the semi finals of the Womens Open Cup at Toyota Park. We play 10:30 am on Friday the 20th at Toyota Park practice field. Winner goes to Sunday 22nd FINAL on the main field (free attendance). Yes this is really rough on our roster to have this going on the same time as our last road trip in WPSL Elite -- but we are going for it all. We'll be splitting the roster again and will have some great names playing at Toyota Park to make sure we have the talent to bring it home.

Then the following week Wednesday 25th in Rochester is the semi-final (1v4, 2v3) followed by the final on July 28th at 1pm. Playing as the 1 seed is very beneficial and we are fighting to keep that. We have set our squad up to do something very special this year . Please get the word out and support us at home this Saturday at Benedictine and Toyota Park if you can.

We are in the center of the action planning what the league(s) are doing next year with US Soccer. We'll play at the highest level available. Please support your local women's teams.

Arnim/Chicago Red Stars

ceezmad repped this.
  12. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Arnim, thanks for coming on this thread and giving us a little insight and news. Please once in a while do this. Red Stars fans really appreciate it.

Go Red Stars!

13. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  14. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From wnyflash.com : The Flash’s next game, Saturday vs Chicago Red Stars at 7pm. That game will be streamed live on www.chicagoredstars.com (Click "Live Webcast" on menu bar).

15. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    SiberianThunderT and ceezmad repped this.
  16. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the stream of Saturday's game from the Red Stars. For me the level of play was lower than I had hoped. I think part of that was due to the Flash deciding that the front 6 for Chicago contained the best players so they chose to kick the ball over the top to Adriana. This resulted in a lot of turnovers and took away from the passing game. For me, the Flash are best when they play direct, but on the ground, soccer. Sometimes I think a team needs to take the attitude: 'This is what we do; try and stop it.' I think Chicago played better than the Flash in the second half.

I think Ella Masar would have been much more dangerous if she just stayed up top and let Chalupny, and others get her the ball.

I only saw the replays during the stream for the two goals that were disallowed. On the own goal, I think the ref played advantage but did not wait long enough for advantage to be realized, and so blew the whistle and called the foul too soon. The goal should have been good.

On the other, unless one of the Red Stars grabbed or ran into Lipsher, I do not think there was goalie interference and the goal should have been good.

18. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red Stars come back from a 2-0 deficit to win 5-3 in an open cup semi final at Toyota Park practice field against a Texas team.Sunday's final is 12:00pm at TP's main field.
    Had a very good lunch at the The Pit Barbecue House at 95th and roberts rd courtesy of super fan Ray Cook.

SiberianThunderT and ceezmad repped this.
  19. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2012 US Open Cup Champions!