Chicago Home-field disadvantage

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Turk from Pigs Eye, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Turk from Pigs Eye

Turk from Pigs Eye New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Pigs Eye (St. Paul),
  2. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Is this a true artical? If it is I can't believe it. First off tell Dema to fu!k off, his team is at home watchin the playoffs and we're still playing. Did Armas really say that about the ex- Sting players, I also find that hard to believe. IMHO this whole story is bull, I don't believe it.

3. stringcheese

stringcheese New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Sid Finch is in the house!

Of course the article is a spoof!
    DMB hasn't picked up a tab in his life.

4. No it's not real..its paradoy from Rev land.

5. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's pretty funny.

6. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tagline: "A Parallel Universe, November 13, 2003 (CSA)"

Who's laughing now?

7. Orchid

Orchid New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Tumon, Guam
    Dema has no life.

One of the most funniest articles I've read in a while, true or not.

8. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what bothers me? The fact that everyone assumes that the team can't win at Soldier. That we lost home field advantage when we left the narrow confines of Naperville. That is retarded! Ask LA how we do on large fields. Look at our record at Soldier Field. They try and make it seem like the only reason our team has such a good record, was the small Naperville field. We have the best record because we are the best team in the league.

9. ibasso

ibasso Member

May 26, 2001
    Chicago
    I wrote the article (obviously) and yes, of course its a spoof...although some of it is true...marsch owning a building, mapp and capano living with magee's parents...

and some of it is probably pretty close to the truth...i.e., the implied joke of dmb picking up the tab and dema wanting to hang around his old mates (he said all of the right things in the locker room after being eliminated...i.e., i love my new team, the guys on d.c. are great, being traded is part of soccer etc.....but the way he was saying the stuff to me it was as if he was trying to convince himself of that, he likes it in chicago..as evidenced by him keeping a place here (that what he told me)...

and to correct one poster....its wasn't from "Rev land"...its from chicago through and through...

I enjoyed writing the article, glad you guys enjoyed it....

10. norfcath

norfcath New Member

Aug 17, 2000
    Philadelphia
    Fine, but why could you draw only 15,000 for the EC final? Only a few thousand more than Naperville.

11. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't you guys have a crowd of like... 12 people for the US Open Cup championship match?

Get back under your bridge.

12. ehend

ehend New Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Villa Park
    A nice bit of humor.

And there had to be at least 30 people at the USOC final because there were 20 or more Fire fans there.