Chicago Fire New Stadium (Photos)!!!!

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by mouseboy33, Oct 19, 2004.

1. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't look at the picture when I wrote the post. I was going off what Dustin said. I've seen so many schematics of the thing since May that I've forgotten what's in and what's out from one day to the next.

2. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the price of steel is about twice it was a year ago, its no surprise the Frisco stadium has been revised. Bridgeview will probably go through some of the same.

HDC was always going to be the standard bearer for SSS in this country. It can't be expected to be exceeded everywhere.

As long as teams get their own home, and can control the revenue streams, thats what counts.

3. LA Galaxy Fan

LA Galaxy Fan Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Tokyo
    stadium is worse design :mad: It look like poor Mexican stadium to me :rolleyes:

4. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago

The one thing a city like Bridgeview has as well is close proximity to many manufacturers of steel and steel fabricators as well as concrete manufacturers.

The price of steel has dropped off froma hig of about 750 a ton a few weeks ago to 640-630 a ton and since expansion in China is slowing our steel exports to that country have slowed a little. The stadium project should be fine.

Ciao

5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    [​IMG]

Estadio Victoria in Aguascalientes Mexico.

Phase II is going to begin at the end of the year. When complete the entire stadium will have a roof and an upper deck will have been added onto the end above where "rayos" is written on the seats in the picture.

BTW congrats to Chicago Fire fans!

If any fans in MLS deserve a SSS to call home it is the Chicago Fire fans, in my opinion the best fans in MLS thus far.

6. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Few comments about "BUDGET"

It is very perplexing the way many soccer organization and private enterprise are running their bussines, For intance, so far soccer have prove to be a money maker if the right teams are pick and the right schedule is settle, so a question come to my mind: Why MLS is not increasing their participation on the organization of super games to increase revenue$ therefore have more funds to invest in better stadiums? in the other hand we could see some NFL operators trying to line up their new stadiums with FIFA to have a chance on the soccer PIE in USA. as a prime example: The Dallas Cowboys new stadium will be within FIFA regulations :rolleyes: .....

7. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Re: Few comments about "BUDGET"

It's hard for MLS to organize super games to their profit with only 2 SSS (one in C'Bus - smaller market) and 2 NFL stadiums where the profits wouldn't directly go to the MLS account for new SSS. Let's see what Frisco does.

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing to remember about all of these stadiums is is that they can be updated later on. Just as the Necaxa stadium is being added on to so can all the new ones in MLS. In that case it may eventually be more important what the site around the stadium is and the ability of the original design to be updated than whether initially it has a roof. A roof, extra seats, upper deck and somesuch can be added while practice and game fields are hard to add if the surrounding property is developed. Of course that depends on whether ownership actually will improve the stadium later.

9. Mathemagician

Mathemagician New Member

Apr 30, 2004
    We-no-nah
    Great to see some plans for Birdgeview. This is the stadium I am most excited about. Chi teams have always been by fav behind my local MN teams.

I thought the stadium looks great. Hopefully any changes are improvements (optimism!).

10. Sykotyk

Sykotyk Member

Jun 9, 2003
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Pittsburgh there's 9 city-league high school football teams. They all share the same stadium. There's one game on Thursday afternoon, one game on Friday afternoon, one on Friday night, one on Saturday afternoon, and one on Saturday night.

And then the team by themselves plays a non-City League team, usually.

Sykotyk

11. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    Back from my long sabatical...

It's good to read again all posts from the "Most informed soccer fans on the Web."

Agree totally with you, Futbol de Primera.

Best MLS fans in the US are Chicago Fire faithful...

12. Mattinho

Mattinho Member

Jan 27, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's up with the diving board in the endzone? What is that exactly, is that a diving board? Is it?

Or is that the plank where we walk off the travelling FC Dallas supporters? If that's a roof, then we might as well have stadium security hold a tarp over our heads. Other than that bravo, looks good.

13. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Its actually a performance stage, which is going to provide another revenue stream for the club. Also thats where to visting team executions will take place.

14. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    It's 50 yards wide and I would assume considerably more protective than a tarp. Plus, there are only a few rows of seats in the Freddy Pascente end anyhow. It's mostly the stage.

15. The stadium looks great and will only get better. Expect a formal presentation of drawings before MLS Cup. Other exciting news is that the field will be 75 yards wide by 116-120 long, and that seats will be MUCH closer to the field than they are at the HDC. Furthermore, the player benches will be incorporated into the stands and the front row seats will begin 3 feet off the ground. Sounds awesome. Current Soldier field seats are more like 8 feet off the ground. I love the front row, but have to think about 3 feet. Really makes you part of the action, but hard to see everything. Still, I think it's great.

16. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Texas heat, Texas sun, and no roof over the seats. Sounds like the fans are definitely going to know what the BURN was really about even with the name change...

17. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL

I can't tell you. But on a related note, I'm going to go outside and yell at a parking meter about the ticket I received last week.

18. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999

Actually, Peter Wilt just corrected his description of the stands--the first row of seats now starts 6 inches above field, with eye level being about 3 feet above the field. That's gonna look sweet on tv. (I just don't know if I would want to sit there).

19. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone is raving about how they welcome having the seats low like that because it looks good on tv. I have currently first row midfield seats at soldier field which is 6-8 feet from the ground and I wish it were higher. Being at ground level you lose all perspective in watching the game.Those that want it don't sit in the first row.
    The good thing is I can move to the side where the benches are because that first row will be higher.

20. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter Wilt said they will probably release drawings next week.

21. Braveheart_NY

Braveheart_NY New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    New York
    did they start construction on the stadium?

22. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Why is sitting in the first row so important if you want perspective?

23. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    There is a reason why the most expensive seats in most soccer stadiums are those at midfield midway up the stand. The Club level at SF is like the classic VIP seats at many soccer stadiums....the best seats usually aren't in the first row on the field.

You want perspective, you sit a way up on the sideline. You want to be in the front row and physically as close as you can get in that stadium, then you do the other. You usually can't get both.

Plus, sitting in a good perspective seat in BView will actually get you the same distance or even closer to the field than at SF.

24. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Because you don't have anyone tall blocking your view. Actually if it wasn't for my wife and her girlfriends wanting to be close to the players I would have gotten seats in SF section 209 first row, best view in the whole stadium for watching either soccer or NFL football.

25. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Very true.
    Depending on how the seats are above the built in benches at Bridgeview, I will either get those or the second level first row midfield.