Chicago Fire New Stadium (Photos)!!!!

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by mouseboy33, Oct 19, 2004.

1. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
  2. Brrca Fan redded

Brrca Fan redded Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Chasing Tornadoes.
    The link is NOT working. I tried the link again it is OK now. Thanks.

3. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Try it now mate.

4. Scrambles

Scrambles New Member

May 21, 2004
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very cool.

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I'm no genius...but those sure as hell don't look like photos to me.

6. Scrambles

Scrambles New Member

May 21, 2004
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was fully prepared to point that out as soon as I clicked on the thread (without even seeing the link), but I get distracted easily.

7. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not really photos, more artist rendering of what the final stadium will probably look like.

but I'm jealous all the same. :)

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And probably not even all that accurate.

As those of us in Dallas have learned first-hand, things can still change drastically until the concrete is poured. To wit, here is an artist's rendering from last September:

[​IMG]

And an artist's rendering of the same view now:

[​IMG]

It's one thing to draw pretty pictures, but I'm sure that AEG has a budget. Once actual dollar amounts start being attached to certain features of the stadium, stuff will start disappearing in later renderings. That being said, I can imagine that AEG is a bit more willing to go over budget in Bridgeview than HSG was willing to do in Frisco.

9. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I see someone has snuck a camera into the Fire office recently...;)

These are definitely photos, the real drawings look much better.

10. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Well, additionally, AEG isn't paying for the thing anymore. Bridgeview bought them out.

Also, they already had final budget cutdowns in August. There won't be anything substantial missing or cut back from these drawings in the final project. (i.e. roof, suites, brick archway entrance)

11. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VERY impressive. Looks like I may have to plan a road trip to Bridgeview in 2006. How far is Bridgeview from downtown Chi-town??

12. dice50

dice50 New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Norman, Oklahoma
    The comparison of the two Dallas pictures made me sick to my stomach, one day when I"m the GM things will change for the better.

13. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I think it's 12 miles southwest.

14. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Bob. A bit farther than I would've thought. I do hope that the artist's rendering of Bridgeview turns out to be THAT way.

I noticed the difference, in the two designs of Frisco, between last September & now and must agree with ElJefe & dice50. I would be VERY disappointed, too. The pictures show TWO different stadiums. How could this have happened??

Hopefully, the Fire fans won't have the same thing happen to them.

15. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They won't. The difference betwen the people running the Fire, and those running the Burn, is that the the Fire front office aren't complete idiots.

The Fire have held off on releasing the renderings (in fact, they still haven't really released them) because they don't want to have to do what Dallas did. They didn't want to release pictures of a nice stadium one day, then continue taking away from it in subsequent days. That's a sure fire way to really underwhelm the public.

Also keep in mind that these pictures lack the detail of a final artist's rendition.

16. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I thought we weren't getting roofs?

17. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    My two cents, while Frisco is underwhelming compared to initial renderings it could have been much better simply be having roofs and the seats painted with the club name.

18. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    It's 12 miles from downtown but keep in mind the stadium is literally like 3 blocks at most from the city limit.

19. dice50

dice50 New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Norman, Oklahoma

That's exactly what's so frustrating about the situation. YES I am very grateful that Dallas is getting their own stadium and YES I know it's easy to talk about spending other people's money but:

If you are already forking out millions to build something why not fork out a little bit more and do it right

If you make a stadium feel major league then fans and media will treat it as major league.

We shouldnt have to even be having this conversation. The Galaxy set the standard on what SSS in this country should be like. Why FC would take a step back and build a stadium that wont be as good to look at as Crew Stadium(which I love by the way) is beyond me.

My theory is if I"M the owner of this team and a big contributor of funds towards this stadium and I"m paying $25 million to get this built, and I see what I get for the money I put in is, a nice stadium but it looks a little underwhelming and not quite major leage, I'm thinking I spend 5-10 million more and give the stadium some extra qualities (roof, brick, name in the seats, special things) that really seperate this stadium from the rest.

20. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why do i still have this yellow card that i was given about a year or so ago...and i got it for no reason...

21. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liam's right in that the thing has already been budgeted out and they're to the point where there are actual schematics of everything. The equipment guy lost a few feet in his laundry room last week because they recessed an ATM into a wall that backed up to part of his space. So they're pretty far along in the process. Supposedly groundbreaking in November, and on schedule for April 2006 launch. Worst-case scenario, I would think they could play four or five on the road to start and open in May and you'd hardly notice.

22. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I think I could get used to that stadium, even grow to love it...
    But I have two questions...

Where's the scoreboard?

and...

Where's the bloody flamethrower? ;)

23. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And just wait till BS soccer geeks sink their teeth into the first MLS game marred by High School football gridirons all over the field.

Andy

24. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    That stadium rendering of the Burn, er excuse me, FC's new digs is so accurate, they included Dallas' typical attendance as well.

25. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you too young to remember the Southlake Dragons?