Chicago Fire Juniors Gold (U15)

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by stanleyryan55, Dec 20, 2010.

1. AmericaDeCali

AmericaDeCali New Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Unfortunately the old Eclipse team was broken up because the coach, Marc, was moving over to the Fire. I believe those discussions started back early in 2010 and then leaked out in April. Yonko you are definitely connected to accurate information.

Marc and some parents then decided right before the IL State Cup to recruit the kids over to the Fire with him (dare I say poor timing and unethical!!!). Everything under the sun was promised if the team would move over to the Fire. But a few parents even warned everyone to be careful as these promises may never come true.....but they would not listen. Then within a few weeks we hear that everything promised might not be true (and as time moved forward we find out that nothing was true...lots and lots of lies).:mad:

The breakup of this team was created by a coach and a few parents that wanted to follow Marc. I think the team would have been better off if they would have stayed as a complete team with the Eclipse. Proof of that is definitely in the results at the Disney Showcase. Last year the Eclipse National Championship team lost 2 games in 12 months. Kudos to both Coach Marc and the boys on a great season!!! I hate to say that this new Fire team has already lost 2 games out of only 3.

My son did play on the Eclipse National Championship team and although he enjoys his new team, he misses his friends from the Eclipse. It is too bad a few people ruined the possibility to try for a repeat. I wish the best of luck to the Eclipse boys that went to the Fire. There is a lot of talent on the Fire team, but I don't think the chemistry will ever be the same without the original group that can only be called the true National Champions.;)

2. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Again, not surprised to hear all of this at all. First, I started with a hunch and using past experiences I suspected this turn of events was going to happen. Then everything got confirmed to me by some "word of mouth" talk, especially as soon as I found out that the coach was moving to the Fire. I also know that Rory tried to keep the team together at the club. Did he tried hard enough, did he spoke to all of you together or individually? I don't know. Some people have said that he didn't care enough for the boys side. I find that hard to believe when it comes to this particular group of boys.

Anyway, good luck to all the boys wherever they are and to your son, wherever he is currently playing.

3. AmericaDeCali

AmericaDeCali New Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Yonko, yes Rory did have a team meeting to try and keep the team with the Eclipse. He did not beg for us to stay and wished everyone the best of luck with whatever their decisions were. I do think that he really wanted the team to stay, but his success and profits come from the girls side and thus most of his time was committed to them as well. From what I hear he is now coaching the U16 boys program and is taking a more active roll at managing both programs. We of course are gone from the Eclipse now, so this information is from word of mouth only.

4. Uwanbs

Uwanbs Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
    Everyone might be surprise this spring I think this team might be better than last years National champs. They have better resources and a well experience coach .

5. UofIhassoccer

UofIhassoccer New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Club officials lied to prospective players and parents, I'm shocked :rolleyes:. I usually keep one hand on my wallet and the other on the family jewels when dealing with anyone associated with club soccer.

6. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    I agree everyone might be shocked. When they find out who the coach is ?

7. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    :eek: A coaching change already?! :eek: What for, Marc didn't win enough games or something?

8. SheHateMe

SheHateMe Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't have the Gold team listed anymore.. maybe combined with prior Acad players into a pool, but leaving them intact for tourneys?

9. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    As I said a month back that I was hearing a disturbace in
    the force and was laughed out of the place. Yes things have
    changed. Gold team could not roll up into
    MRL. The old Chicago Magic coach is coaching the team MM.
    That all being said are they stronger or weaker,that will
    be determined on the pitch. But wow what a ride these boys
    have had.

10. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What?! MM as in Mike Matkovich not Marc McElligott? Oh, wow! Maybe he was the coach recently seen "spying" on the Magic DA?

How come the Fire Jrs website still lists Marc as the coach of the U15 Red, which are scheduled to play in MRL and Dallas Cup? Matko isn't even listed anywhere. Is that on purpose?

11. Uwanbs

Uwanbs Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
    I don't understand why everyone thinks that a good team should stay together, kids develop at a different level especially the older they get. It is natural for a club to do what they believe is best.
    Yes this team has had a wild ride, but not too many teams can call themselves NATIONAL CHAMPS.
    I believe this team will still be one of the top teams in the region.
    So what if Mike was seen at he Magic practice ,he is from the area and has been seen there many times in the past even after he left the Magic. Don't forget Todd played for Mike, plus he might be scouting kids out for the U.S. National teams.

12. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Agreed

13. Dalglish

Dalglish Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Matko was not the Fire coach watching a Magic training session from the shadows.

I thought Matko and the Fire had parted ways, or did the Fire just drop him from their pro set up? I hadn't heard about Matko coaching any younger teams.

14. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm surprised by that as well.

15. Crystal Palace 90

Crystal Palace 90 New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Is it a taboo for a DA coach to watch the other DA practices? I understand that for the regular USYS clubs it would be really inappropriate.

But think about this: if all DAs are supposedly gearing towards developing future USMNT (a common boss and goal if you will), how is that diff from drill Sgt. Joe watching and picking a few pointers from drill Sgt. Doe's training session (to train better GIs for Uncle Sam)?

I'd say let's make it mandatory for the DA coaches to watch other DA practices. Afterall, if "foreign players" are good for the game, "foreign coaches" must be good as well. :D If MM or any other Fire coach want to watch other DA practices .... more power to them!!

16. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Because you know very well they are not "scouting" other DAs practices for that reason.;)

cough*recruiting*cough

17. Jordy Magpie

Jordy Magpie New Member

May 1, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Maybe a new wake up to this golden thread, saw printed that gold will be having a sterling bracket and that an local old friend will blow in to help clinch ...MM must like to follow old habits !! :rolleyes:

18. FIRETILIDIE

FIRETILIDIE Member

Jan 5, 2007
    isnt he doing Fire jrs south ? ( Tinley-Orland Park area?)...is there a Fire Jrs south?:p

19. Jordy Magpie

Jordy Magpie New Member

May 1, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Will be, that bun is in the oven, just hasn't set the timer off yet ! it could fall into place 2011.