Chi v Burn [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by djwalker, Sep 20, 2003.

1. djwalker

djwalker BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, Matchtracker must be broken, because it says the boys are up 2-0 on the hated Fire.

I guess Coach Clarke got their attention this week.

Can't wait to hear from you who were in attendance.

2. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    EAT S$%^&T and die Fire fans.

The Burn is the worst team in MLS, and you could not close the deal.

Way to go Burn, way to go Collin.

Damn does it feel good to beat the Chigoon.

You can kiss my Brimstone Cup.

Hey, have a shot o' tequila. The Burn beat the Fire.

3. Paco Joe

Paco Joe New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    USA
    Anyone actually see the match? How did EJ look overall? The only info I got on it was from a Fire thread in which they noted that he was probably offside in one buildup and that his goal came because he was stupidly unmarked.

4. dburn157

dburn157 New Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Didn't make the game due to work but a buddy of mine called and gave an update. Basically the Burn dominated with Buffet Tony and EJ picking up one apiece. Tony got MOTM. The Burn defence shut the hated Fire out.

Collin, you Rule mate!

5. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ah, limping into the playoffs on a run of bad form. No need to keep us posted, everyone knows how that usually turns out.

6. dburn157

dburn157 New Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Quote from the Chicago Boards

"they have just been attacking with speed and enthusiam and we can't handle it."

The Awakening has begun!

7. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX

Actually, I was talking about your team's job of backing into the playoffs by picking the end of the season to enter a run of bad form. Sorry if you had a hard time understanding.

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    wow, we were something we haven't been all season:

SOLID

we shut down Razov and Ralph, they didn't even breathe. The goons had to dive their asses off after that, espeically Razov. Tisk tisk, pathedic. Great job by the Burn, good to see Nhelko finally get that goal he deserved. EJ looked hurt most of the game but made some killer runs and scored, should have got another one too. Glinton should have scored his breakaway but the kid needs work. So it should have been 4-0, but I'll take 2-0 ;). Great game, unfortunetly it's 99% too little too late. I dunno KC lost, and pending how LA do, hmmm. Nah, lets win again then we can start dreaming. But again great game.

THE CUP STAYS HERE BIATCHES!!!

9. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, you're making a hell of an effort with two losses in the last four games, one to the worst team in the league. So keep bragging while you can. At this rate, you're in for a short post-season.

10. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Who beat L.A.? I believe we had a loss, a tie, a win and now a loss. That's opposed to a loss, a loss, a real bad last minute loss and a win.

And is no post-season better than even a short post-season?

11. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You're kidding right? Bragging about beating LA? Man, this just keeps getting better and better.

12. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mike,

Shouldn't you be doing what you've been doing all night on the Fire forums, namely crying over the pathetically weak performance your "leading-your-division" team put up against the worst team in the league?

Just accept that you are this month's laughingstock for losing to the Burn, joining such recent company as KC and New England.

13. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was great to see Eddie Johnson playing with such energy and confidence tonight. Colin Clarke had Johnson playing right mid (is this a first for Eddie?), and it looked to me like a great move.

Playing on the wing let Eddie make the most of his speed, and he had much more success dribbling than normal since he usually found himself with just one man to beat on the dribble instead of the 3 he'd face in the center.

14. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

Great tactical switch tonight, we we're essentially playing a 4-5-1. EJ and Curtis were great, and we controlled the center of the midfield effectively. Hell of a job by the defense tonight, especially Shavar on Razov. I like big Tony more and more every time I see him, and he and Curtis made some people look downright foolish on EJ's goal. This gives us something to build on. 10 points behind LA with 5 games to go....

15. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make that 10 points behind KC with 5 games to go....

LA won tonight, and is now 13 pts ahead of Dallas.

16. Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando Fl
    maybe if you dallas fans would actually show up for games, your team would play to win....come on your people can't even get 10,000....some wusa teams did better than that!

17. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    go xcrew yourself. if you had experienced the suck that is sucklack in person, you'd keep your jersey shore ass shut before it makes you look even more stupid.

And by the way, the Burn will lose less money than the Metro this year. Considering that the entire Dallas area is about 25 percent of the population of the area YOUR team has to draw from, YOUR team is the one that is underperforming in attendence.

oh yea, and Clint sucks.

18. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

actually it looked much more filled last night then I've seen all season. I was shoked. Of course it was the same moron kids climbing all over the bloody place and leaving with 10 mins left in the game (wtf?) but there was more of them :D

19. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    No offense or anything, but everything you have said in your attempt to dawg the Fire has only backfired on you. You don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to debates on "who's team is better than who".

For the Burn's sake, I honestly hope that this coaching change does them good. I was beginning to feel sorry for them. I hate to see any MLS team do THAT bad because competition is good for this league.

:)

20. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You haven't been reading very closely if you think I was saying that Dallas Burn version 2003 is better than the Fire. I just found it humorous that someone was bragging about beating LA. Go and check out their boards to see what their own fans think about the quality of that team.

Let's see: a tie, two losses (including one to the worst team in the league) and a win against one of the league's most anemic teams. That sounds pretty much like the late season run of poor form to me.

21. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    We're disappointed to say the least. Not an inspired team playing in the HDC, and certainly the bar none worst team on the road this season so far. Good to see the Burn with some life. Glad you got Jeffries on the bus out of town. Now if you could just send that bus toward LA to pick up Sigi.

22. Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando Fl
    oh yea, and Clint sucks. [/B][/QUOTE]

can you say 5 goals in one game???????????

august 26, 2000....remember that buddy???

23. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    yeah, three years ago.

whats he done for you lately?

can you say 'let go'?

and also, congrats to the burn, you deserved the win last night way more than we did.

24. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I talked to Clarke after the game and he said it was a 4-3-3 (in a way there isn't that much difference especially when the outside forwards track back). He said in the second half they lost their shape more than he like but that it was something to grow on.

25. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    last night

I thought it looked more crowded last night than previous games. I was surprised when I saw the attendence was only 8k. It looked like more to me. I agree about all the kids, they were everywhere and not one of them knew how to say "excuse me".