Cameron Carter-Vickers at Celtic

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BostonRed, Aug 13, 2014.

1. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Spot on. All the Berhalter defenders here think that by advocating for CCV, we're claiming he's the next van Dijk.

The guy is performing capably for a team 2 wins away from the EPL. He's 23, with already 100+ games in the EFL. His age suggests that he'll continue to improve.

I don't know much about this B'mouth team, but they have a bunch of guys who played frequently during their 4 year run in the EPL. They are the most valuable team in the EFL, and they are pretty nice to watch in the 3-4 matches I've seen, before their end of season run of average/poor form.

Lotta important games this weekend for US guys, but this 2nd leg is probably at the top of the list for me.

Deeneaus, adam tash, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct. This preliminary rooster is a for the Nationals League. There’s no need to add a player. In fact, I don’t think you can add a player to the preliminary roster. Aaron Long going down, however, does open up the possibility for CCV to be considered / included for the Gold Cup roster.

3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Please stop peacocking!

4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not my fault you can’t spread your wings, show your feathers, and get the attention I get :D ;)

5. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Long ago, when BS had neg rep, I got enough attention for a lifetime. Now I mostly get ignored, but I'm content with my merry little band.

The Irish Rover and m vann repped this.
  6. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we loan CCV to RBNY please?

7. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    I thought Spurs just exercised one more option year with the intent to make some money by selling him this summer.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  8. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right

9. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2759 autobus39, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
    CCV starts in the second leg of the promotion playoff semifinal.

Bournemouth hold a 1-0 lead from the home leg (no away goals rule in the English promotion playoffs).

The game begins at 7:30 am eastern on ESPN+.

Gamed day thread: https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/cameron-carter-vickers-all-games-pbp-thread-2020-21.2114705/page-2

First leg highlights:

10. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Brentford 1-1 Bournemouth at 33', so Bournemouth remain a goal ahead on aggregate.

Bournemouth struck first, just 6' in - CCV with the assist! But then they conceded a penalty, 1-1 at 16', then Mepham was red-carded at 28' - Bournemouth playing with 10.

Let's see if they can hold on ...

freisland and mace repped this.
  11. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    ShortyMac, BostonRed and TimB4Last repped this.
  12. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And they lose the playoff ... CCV looks ok but another year in the EFL for Bournemouth.

going down to ten men just hurt their odds.

13. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Well, since you're a mod and you get to sit in judgement over us all, we can't avoid paying attention to you, can we? :thumbsup:

Which, along with the six-figure salary, is why you took the job to begin with :geek:

m vann repped this.
  14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    FWIW the fans in Up The Cherries want to buy him outright because they feel he'll be useful in the Ch'ship.

Very unlikely they can afford him, though.

15. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I'm disappointed that wer're not going to see what would happen if our irresistible force met our immovable object with promotion to the Premier League at stake.

freisland and yurch10 repped this.
  16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With playmaking skills like that, maybe CCV can be our #10.

17. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Ives (trust that for what it's worth, I'm not a huge fan of his analysis or his "contacts"), has Newcastle, bournemouth, and anderlecht all interested, with Tottenham valuing at 14 mil.

Those teams seem about right. Split the difference on the value, pick a spot where he'll keep getting solid minutes, and with some luck, he might get some NT attention.

largegarlic and Gacm32 repped this.
  18. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $14M sounds like absolutely stupid money for CCV. That number is so inflated by Spurs. That value is going to disinterest a number of clubs. I’ve seen his value on several trusted sites anywhere from $3.5M - $5M. That seems more reasonable. With that number, he would be sure to garner way much interest. CCV is a solid defender, one that could help several clubs in outside the top10 in the EPL or any top Championship side. However, that help doesn’t come at a $14M price tag.

19. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    When you get $21 million for Kevin Wimmer, anything seems possible. :ROFLMAO:

$14 million feels like a starting point. They'll take half that, maybe less.

adam tash and m vann repped this.
  20. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Only the Mags could pay that much.

22. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah too bad they couldnt pull it out.

CCV showed really well though....I think he brings a lot to the table.

glutton4Bolts and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  23. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, the guy is solid. He'd be a good buy for a team looking for a consistent player. I don't think he's ever going to be that dominant top level defender, but for his level of experience and how well he played this season in that league, he'd be a major bargain for any team at that level or thereabouts. I think he'd thrive in MLS, though I doubt that avenue has any interest for him now.

If the money is similar, I would which a player would rather: the championship or MLS? I don't know that he'll get to the level where he could play in the CL, although he might be able to play for a team at the Europa League or the newer lower level tourney. So if playing in Europe is not an option, does staying in Europe/England matter much outside of salary? Obviously the guy was born and raised there and would probably want to stay.

24. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is pretty underrated IMO. He does most things you ask a CB to do well aside from long-range passing. He played very well down the stretch. Big ups for a quality season. He deserves a shot to prove it with the USMNT.

25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    #2775 Suyuntuy, May 29, 2021
    Last edited: May 29, 2021
    How guys like Dike and CCV are rated depends greatly on how the EFL Championship is rated. To the English and many US fans, it's rated quite highly. To the rest of the world, not so much.