Cheney and Bush administration getting desperate...

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Malaga CF fan, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/10/cheney.terror/index.html

In my view, you can take what Cheney's speech two ways.

1) America is in imminent danger, and we have been for some time. Unless we root out every terrorist cell through preemptive action, hundreds of thousands will die.

2) Politically, we are losing the battle. Our only hope to retain power is to scare the American public into thinking that unless we bowl over every hostile regime or preemptively strike any nation that is seen as a threat (imminent or not), hundreds of thousands will die in a brilliant flash of light.

I think it's choice two. The Bush Administration isn't too smart. And personally, I'm not scared. They are speaking to a generation of people, mostly born post 1960, that have lived with the threat of nuclear annihilation every day. We saw War Games and Terminator 2, we know the drill. We could all die someday at the hands of Dr. Oppenheimer's lethal device. But it's not going to force us to live in fear, nor provoke our enemies. America should be a nation of peace, and we should use our financial and military might to broker peace in every corner of the world.

A question for the Bush Administration. How safe are we when we still can't even find the man primarily responsible for 9/11??

2. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.

3. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Re: Re: Cheney and Bush administration getting desperate...

I mean, they could atleast try and look for him.

4. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    Re: Re: Re: Cheney and Bush administration getting desperate...

Young Stunna, I do not doubt we are looking for OBL. It's the effort and resources put behind the search I doubt.

On a side note, who who do you think would win the "fundamentalist hiding from authorities in the mountains" battle between OBL and Eric Rudolph?

5. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    If I have to hear Cheney or Bush talk about the war on terror in the context of Iraq one more time I think I am going to go apeshit.

It is a bald-face lie. LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE

Terror was never given as a justifcation for the Iraq war and now they are just trying to scare us and it really pisses me off.

For an issue as serious as 9.11 and possible terrorist attacks it is really irresponsible leadership to fear monger like this. When will we know that they are actually telling the truth?