Chelski at it again......

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by wwnyc, Mar 2, 2006.

1. wwnyc

wwnyc Member

Sep 5, 2004
  2. gbalzac

gbalzac New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Don't see where he'll play...they play something along these lines in the midfield correct?

Robben..................................Cole
    .............Essien........Lampard........
    ....................Makelele.................

Looks as though it'll be Ballack/Essien/Lamps in for 2 of 3 spots...as Ballack isn't a d-mid...maybe they plan to get rid of Makele soon then they could have

Ballack........Lampard
    ..........Essien...........

Seem like Ballack would be better served going elsewhere....Madrid seems a better fit where he could run the deep midfield ala Pirlo and have Becks/Zidane wider in front of him.

3. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe Chelsea are hoping for rolling substitutions to come into play like in American football and they can have different sub units for different situations.

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This could also be Ballack's agent using Chelsea's money as leverage to get a big offer from the new Real Madrid leaders.

5. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or us or you guys. I mean, it's not unrealistic to think that both clubs would be in the running - at least in the early stages.

6. The Grimster

The Grimster Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Edmonton
    You forgot

Robben..................................Cole.........................................W
    .............Essien........Lampard..................................................r
    ....................Makelele...........................................................i
    ..........................................................................................g
    ..........................................................................................h
    ..........................................................................................t
    ..........................................................................................|
    ..........................................................................................P
    ..........................................................................................h
    ..........................................................................................i
    ..........................................................................................l
    ..........................................................................................l
    ..........................................................................................i
    ..........................................................................................p
    ..........................................................................................s

7. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope he likes riding the pine. :rolleyes:

8. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Which one?

9. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    if they sign him, like SWP, it will just serve to prove my point about then tossers from west london, they just buy players for the sake of it and to stop other teams from having them. its a form of cheating but with no real way of being stopped

10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    There was talk of trying to convert him to a withdrawn striker position, thus further confirming Jose's love of his modern 'catenaccio' system... *yawn* :rolleyes:

11. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its more likely that Ballack would replace Essien, who would be left to rot on the bench.

12. wwnyc

wwnyc Member

Sep 5, 2004
    that's what i was thinking too.....can you imagine a 47 million dollar back-up???

13. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ask SWP that question. I'm sure he can believe it.

14. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He could play Gudjonsson's role...

15. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    And I'm sure I'm laughing at his stupidty and greed. But whatever, hopefully Walcott can show him what he missed out on. That's loyalty to a club for you.

16. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    I thought I read somewhere that Chelsea were thinking of playing him as a striker. I'll see if I can find the link.

17. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/4761218.stm

18. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    From the SkySports article:
    a) That's a prick mentality;

b) Any club that can 1) afford him and 2) land him will likely be a strong contender for the ECL next season. If he thinks only Chelsea and Real are in line for the trophy then he might be a prick and stupid.

I realize this is a press report and involving his agent more then the actual player but come on.

19. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My early nominee for Post of the Year. :D

20. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    ya i had to rep him for that one too...

while he may go to chelsea, i really think this is a ploy for real madrid to come and get him. smart move for ballack to go to chelsea, imo, he will get that massive last payday that he is looking for.

21. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just look at how well it worked out for Michael Owen...

22. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In other Chelski news.....

Some things in life infuriate me... such as this:

Ricardo Carvalho claims Barcelona star Lionel Messi's theatrics have "opened the road" for Chelsea to do the same in the Champions League return game.

Messi was involved when Chelsea's Asier del Horno was sent off in Barcelona's 2-1 first leg win at Stamford Bridge.

Carvalho said: "Messi is a good player but he has opened the road for some Chelsea players to do the same thing.

"He exaggerated everything he could and started to roll around on the field like he had been killed."

Carvalho added: "He deceived the referee well, but these type of things are a part of football."

23. The Grimster

The Grimster Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Edmonton
    The fantastic thing is that they say these things with a straight face.

Jeff Stelling on Sky Sports summed it up.

Mourinho on Messi:

How do you say "cheat" in Catalan?

Stelling on Mourinho:

You could ask "How do you say "Pot and Kettle" in Portuguese?"