Chelsea = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by brooklynredd, Apr 17, 2006.

1. brooklynredd

brooklynredd New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    over and over you hear Chelsea has a right to spend as much as they want
    wich is certainly true but league also has a responsebility to have competion.
    There was a time when in U.S. in basketball that the Harlem Globetrotters
    basketball team had triple the resources of other teams wich was great for them but they weren't allowed into league they traveled and played exhibitions maybee Chelsea should do the same.
    what if opposite of Chelsea happened one of the promoted teams owners
    went and got 4th division players for 100 dollars a game and pocketed all the revenue he gets from EPL. We can all agree this wouldnt be allowed by
    league for the sake of competion.
    French league is allready unwatchable
    hope EPL doesn't go this route also.

2. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    Honestly, I have no clue why Sunderland didn't do that. If you're not going to build a squad that has any chance of staying up, then why even use professional players or manager? Maybe sold them all in January.

3. Kerry

Kerry Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Dearborn Heights Mi
    Kinda like the Scottish 1st division has been for years. Celtic Rangers and a bunch of minnows.

4. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    And who gives a cares about the Harlem Globetrotters now?

5. bennyboy79

bennyboy79 New Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Money makes a difference but wins you nothing. I'm a Utd fan from a family of Chelsea fans so you can imagine the stick I'm getting at the moment. But i want to congratulate them money or not. Al the top sides have had money for years, Man Utd have monopolised the British transfer market for 20 or so years because they are the biggest club in it. Arsenal, Liverpool and clubs like Newcastle, Spurs and Middlesborough have always had money it's just Chelsea have taken it on to a new level now. It makes no difference how much money they have spent they are champions and shouldn't have to apologise for it. (King James this reply isn't in direct response to your quote by the way, i just wanna stick my oar in)