Chelsea vs Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by truefan420, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    the second goal was absolutely offside, and an easy one too. brooks played it off Luiz and it deflected to King who was WELL offside when brooks last touched it. super easy call. and everyone is worried about the ball played from king back to brooks, but it was before that, and obvious.

2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Game over.

This team has a major motivation problem.

PLand1534 and Blueallthru repped this.
  3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  4. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    definitely not

5. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    really? from brooks to King? brooks played it, and king was past rudiger. what am I missing?

6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is getting repetitive.

7. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    on the replay it looked perfectly timed. maybe i need another look. i went from thinking it was way off, seeing the replay and now thinking it was def on

8. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good lord this really is an AWFUL display, the worst since Bournemouth thrashed us at Stamford Bridge. Eddie Howe (bloody amazing manager that will never get the chance to boss a 'top' club because he is English) has purely and simply 'out-coached' Sarri, simples. I think I know how to coach a team to beat us, let us have the ball and pack the box, watch us f*ck about with the ball for 10 minutes in midfield, wait for the 'fancy' Hazard or Pedro flick to go horribly wrong pick up the ball run at pace on a counter attack and score - simple, Sarri seems completely incapable of changing his tactics - he has been (somewhat easily) found out. Its bloody awful (in fact I switched off 10 minutes ago!) Let this really sink in - Howe has taken a small town club with a small local following that in its history had NEVER played outside the bottom of the pyramid and changed the into a club that competes in the Premier League and a club that brushes multi billion pound Chelsea and there multi million pound players aside with ease! I reckon that Guardiola would struggle at a club with resources like Bournemouth's. They must be amazed and pleased in equal measure that no 'big' European club wants to prize Howe away.

9. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    maybe I only saw a bad angle.

doesn't really matter at the end of the day now though. terrible game.

10. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  11. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    read an article a while back that Howe spent some training sessions learning under Sarri about a year and a half ago or so.

12. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    'Learning' under Sarri!! That has to be a joke, there is one manager out there doing the 'schooling' and it ain't Sarri!

13. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    At some point we have to consider either massively investing in a squad, building something under Sarri, or letting Sarri go.

We're out of the top 4 on goal difference by the way.

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Glad I couldn't watch. Bullshit.

15. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We need to do a fair bit of the former but not under the latter. Sarri could have better and more suitable parts sure but it is the system that sucks, is dull, and has been thoroughly sussed out and he has said clearly over and over it is never going to change. It is Sorry sideways vintage pong.

Pl is the death of gaffers who won't change or adjust. Pep, after a year, Klopp continually, especially for this season, Jose and Conti, after a few matches recognized that and changed and adjusted and won. Boas and other refused and are never weres,

I'd can him now and hope a gaffer change might bring an emotional and motivational lift to get us in to 4th. The players have a huge part of the blame as well, they should not need such a huge lift and effing play desperate, basically the same group has won 2 out of what the last 4 or 5 titles Others have improved and passed us sure but we ought not suck this bad.

Dr_Intoxicated and Yahtzee repped this.
  16. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jose is available.

17. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that was embarrassing... don't remember the last time I turned off a game

18. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just got out of meetings. WTF happened today?

19. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #44 lobomojo, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    last season boring too stagnant (a good bit true though and it got worse)
    3rd Chelsea 24 15(w) 5(D) 4(L) 45(goals) 16(GA) 29(GD) 50PTS (3pts out of second

present exciting Sarri ball
    5th Chelsea 24 14(W) 5(D) 5(L) 40(GOALS) 23(GA) 17(GD) 47(PTS) (9 pts out of 2nd, 7pts out of 3rd, a goal out of 4th CL and may get worse)
    funny last season we were a team in shambles and crisis and most here were "burn the witch Conti, yet this season Sarri might be the future to spend serious$$$ to build with, but letdown by players

we need to rebuild with some youth and 3-4 new tougher leader winners, up the spine from back, and then out, a better more flexible gaffer with a history of winning ,and clear out Hazard and Jorginho, Luiz, Kovicic, + a couple more, go younger at wings, which we can if we play them

Courage

20. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nope, I was one of the few who said Conte was let down by his players. That said, if attacking football is the way forward, give Sarri his players. Worst case we will be left with good attacking players for the next manager.

21. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Sacking Sarri achieves nothing, but there are some serious issues around the squad.

Maybe it's because Eden is out the door - who knows.

CreativeNik and Blueallthru repped this.
  22. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Apparently the heaviest defeat this Century.

23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Equal goal difference to Arsenal, however on alphabetical order we are 5th.

Yep, we are now looking at Sarri and he may not be with us next season.

24. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This squad would play a solid, simple 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 well. Making them try to adjust to this style is clearly a stretch. Sarri's main guy, who is supposed to be the focal point, is failing at this. He is ********ing horrible.

That said, I don't know if sacking Sarri necessarily solves anything. A slightly more solid team would make a better title challenge and imo top 4 would be a given. Trying too hard to do too much with what you got leads to games like this. Remember when Bournemouth completely exposed Conte's back 3? Deja vu man

25. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sarri's lack of in game tactical changes is very concerning

Personally, I felt like there were some red flags back when we were only winning the Europa games 1-0

lobomojo repped this.