Chelsea v Lazio [R]

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by whatmatch, Oct 22, 2003.

1. whatmatch

whatmatch New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Chelsea v Lazio

Chelsea will be desperate for points and Lazio would be looking to consolidate top spot in the group.

Who will win? An Italian coaching an English Club or an Italian coaching and Italian Club?

Our verdict: Lazio on handicap!!

good luck!
    www.whatmatch.com

2. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Chelsea v Lazio

Lazio will be lucky to qualify, I think Sparta Prague and Chelsea will go through now. Prague will beat Lazio at home.

3. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Re: Re: Chelsea v Lazio

I think that Lazio will beat Chelsea in the next game, and Besiktas will beat Sparta.

4. Chelski$$$

Chelski$$$ New Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Chelsea in the C.League

After our last few years in the Premier League, Chelsea has gone no where. After investing in a Russian billionaire and making transfers that cost us 111 million pounds. I feel, as a Chelsea supporter, that we are heading into a bright future. Our game against Lazio in the C.League was a huge step for our own success because everyone else still thinks we are still that *#*#*#*# team, but just with more experienced players. Our match against Arsenal, which we lost 2-1 was also a huge step in the right direction because even though we haven't won at Highbury for 15 years, we are well on our way to scrap that hideous history.

Crespo, Mutu and Duff have been great pick ups. But I think, in the nicest way, that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink should *#*#*#*# off back to Holland. Yes, he has scored 5+ goals over the season so far, but he is a waste of space and a player we don't need. Crespo and Mutu are a great striking pair and Gudjohnson and Cole can be back up strikers. As far as I can see Hasselbaink doesnt fit in a team that will become Barclaycard Premier League Champions and maybe Champions League holders in years to come.

5. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Chelsea in the C.League

What? He'll probably be your top scorer this season. Mutu and Crespo will also score loads. Even Gudjohnson is chiping in a bit.
    You need all 4 strikers, it's called a squad. Forssell and Cole are for the future.

I can't believe any Chelsea fan thinks Jimi should leave right now, he's been fantastic this season. Did you see that goal against Notts County? He's got the hardest shot in the world.

Maybe in a few years, but right now he's hot.

6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: Re: Chelsea in the C.League

Many feel that it's because of his rediscovered form that crespo is behind in his fitness as Hasselbaink is literally keeping him on the sidelines in the league.

Hasselbaink has goals in his blood-he will score for whoever he plays for, where ever he plays for them.
    His all around team contribution as a player is, and honestly laways has been, non existant.He isn't that type of player.
    So, while the likes of Duff, Mutu, Gronkjaer, Makelele etc etc etc, will go an entire game busting a nut and not scoring, but looking a class act, Hasselbaink will whinge, moan and gesticulate at anything that moves whilst generally doing nothing-except puting the ball in the back of the net.

Ranieri loves the guy and stuck by him through a rough time last season when he was struggling for form.
    Sadly, with the mega stars that dazzle at Stamford bridge today, their movement and flair make jimmy look lazy.I fear he is only increasing the marketability of his worth and may well be sold in the January window.If not, them for sure in the close season.It will depend on what the powers that be decide to do with Forssell.

It should be remember that he is there to score goals, that is the only reason he was bought in the first place.

I mean...Sutton?
    :rolleyes:

If we had Jimmy that season we would have won the league.

7. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's the funniest character in the premiership, his expressions are class, especially when he's pissed. :D

I think he's probably got 1/2 seasons left, but he should not be sold until at least next season, Chelsea have so much money, why not just keep him anyway for backup?

He's too good to discard. Hope he doesn't rot like Batistuta has at Inter.

8. Harry Ottis Guff

Harry Ottis Guff BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 2, 2003
    Im gonna slap you!
    What has always amazed me is how Hasslebaink has been under-rated by the Dutch. They just dont think he is that good, and it doesnt look like he will make it to the Euro's next summer. Thats a shame. I have always thought him a solid striker who has always scored regularly in the Prmiership. A couple of seasons ago his form with Gudjonson was amazing, but its true that they have gone off the boil recently. But his partnership with MUTU seems to have re-energised him, and it it Gudjonneson to has taken a back seat. Jimmy has passion, just look at his reactions when he scores!! He will be a regular fixture on the Chelsea team sheet this years!! Although Crespo and Mutu are ckearly the prefferred choice!

9. webster2003

webster2003 Red Card

Nov 4, 2003
    Chelsea up 1-0

10. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Chelsea-4
    Lazio-0