PBP: Chelsea v. Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Feb 28, 2020.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Deep Sigh.

2 points dropped.

Dross Barkley. I'd rather see Gilmour playing. RLC when he is match fit.

Michy "Offside" Batsman

Yes, we are missing some creativity. Pulisic. CHO. Tammy? kante?

However, we should have enough talent in our squad to see us through games with the lesser teams.

Really deep sigh.

lobomojo repped this.
  2. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Considering recent results against them perhaps we should be happy with a draw? Lets be honest it's not 2007 anymore, long gone are the days when clubs like Bournemouth 'bunker down' against us, I think they are genuinely disappointed not to beat us - and why shouldn't they be? They have DEFINATELY had the upper hand in recent seasons (if we played them every week we would probably be relegated).

3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No, we had the upper hand and they got two goals in 3 minutes. That's a hard pill to swallow. They have 10 points since Nov. At some point we have to make our own luck. Giroud misses a sitter, he needed to do better. Willian, who's on £125k a week needs to come on, show some urgency, and get something done. Bournemouth were there for the taking and we gave that match away.

Rman3349 and lobomojo repped this.
  4. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #79 Crawleybus, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Before moving on the first thing we have to do is accept our 'level'! We are NOT Chelsea of old that 'steamrolls' past what some describe as 'lesser' teams, have a look at our last half dozen results against Bournemouth and tell me which club has the look of 'lesser' team! Bournemouth don't accept that tag and if we are going to start picking up points we need to change our 'we are mighty Chelsea' attitude first - West Ham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Newcastle all genuinely 'struggling' clubs that probably wish they could play us every week! If we (fans) don't start accepting our (current) standing we are simply going to get dissapointed week after week after week - quick question - how many games have we won by two or more clear goals in the last 100 or so games?

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    shit day yes, but we are still guaranteed to be 4th after match-week and a point closer to a falling 3rd,...yes we really ********ing blew it, Lamp really blew it today,but we are missing 4 or more key best starters so yes we are not "mighty Chelsea" by a long way but no we are not in a relegation battle nor do those who are at the bottom third+ want to play us, except Eddie Howe who didn't fear us when we were mighty Chelsea of course.

really hope for a line up shake up next match ie Kepa back, Barkey sent on a tour of Antarctica, Billy or RLC to start, especially with Jorginho out, a back 4 with James and Az, draw lots for which 2 cbs ********-up, sit Pedro and Willian and put Alonso at left wing or 2nd striker in a 4-4-2 diamond. Think Lamp has to wait til next year to play his way and go whatever works/pragmatic each match in a 4th place survival battle.

Wrath repped this.
  6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  7. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Franks a savage for this.. on the surface of things I am baffled by his continued exile. Pulisic’s exile earlier in the season was also unduly harsh.

8. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yeah Lamp may have to learn some more tolerance and patience, great players and even more so when they also are the hardest working great practice players do not always comprehend lesser beings, ...but Barkley must be the hardest working greatest practice player ever to still get time:confused::confused::confused:

9. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ? I don't think there was any anti-Pulisic conspiracy on the part of Frank earlier this season. In hindsight, Frank was justified in not rushing the American player into the team. Exile? really?

Dr_Intoxicated, Crawleybus and lobomojo repped this.
  10. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ah, reminding me why I had you blocked. He went from starter to being dropped for a month. Exile is apt. Feel free to apply a softer term.

Exactly that.. Barks and Willy get how many games to look like dog shit?

11. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #86 StamfordBridgeLions, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Feel free to block me.* But Frank did NOT exile Pulisic. Seriously. That is inaccurate. That Pulisic was exiled by Frank must be the opinion of only the most die-hard USA fan boy. I have certainly never heard anybody in London refer to the Pulisic "exile" by Frank. It is a USA fan boy fantasy thing?

* blocking people is a very weak thing to do. This is a message board for opinions about Chelsea FC and the players of Chelsea FC. If you disagree with the opinions of another poster and you feel the need to block that poster it ultimately reflects very poorly on you.

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I actually feel OK... We salvaged a point... I don't expect chelsea to really beat anyone with the current squad, so an away point is fine. My expectations are 6th in the league, so all good here.

13. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

You get blocked because you’re insane :ROFLMAO:

Just over here being a conspiracy theorizing fanboy. Good discourse that is! :sleep: Back you go, demon child.

Liverpool loss turning an OK day into a ********ing brilliant day

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  14. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Had this one on in the background but didn't get to actually see much.

Going into this season, I was very firm in my belief that we had to give Frank two years, given the limitations of the squad and the restrictions on improving it. Those limitations got reduced, but may as well not have, so can't blame him there.

I still feel the same way, but I'm starting to get nervous about him. Aside from the team selection issues, which are definitely there, the thing that worries me the most is yet ANOTHER goal conceded from a set piece. More than most other things, this comes down to how well trained the team is, and can be more directly linked to the manager than almost anything else.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  15. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Willian didn't do much to improve his hand.

The whole team was a shit heap against a crap team.

Blueallthru repped this.
  16. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Not much to say other than I’m glad we salvaged a point; we should get more points against bottom clubs, and I like wingbacks. James and Alonso on is fun. Disappointed not to see RLC today.

17. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pulisic was "exiled" by Frank is your sane opinion? Okay. That is truly fascinating.

18. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    RLC's first game back in so l o n g should be in an easier game maybe? Although anything is better than Barkley at this point.