...CHELSEA/MLS...Would MLS Stars...

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by franco, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...be embarrased today?...i guess i will watcb it...did not know anything about this game...anyways, we will see how it goes...i think it would be a blowout from chelsea...:eek:

2. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What is a MLS? :p

3. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: ...CHELSEA/MLS...Would MLS Stars...[R]

Lupe Fiasco performed during halftime.

Score at halftime : 0-0 highlight to reveal

4. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    mls usually perform well in the all star game. they have beaten chivas and fulham. but the all star game is crap so it doesn't really matter

5. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...so funny to say from espn commentators "we had a great first half here folks"...

...i saw a chealsea pick-up game first half...chelsea playing very relaxed and mls giving it all...gotta say chelsea was so relaxed that almost allowed a couple of goals if it wasnt for the mls forwards who couldnt finish...

...anyways, i guess this game will not be exciting at all...they were saying chelsea plays 3 games in 5 days and in 3 different continents including this one...no wonder chelsea so relaxed, trying to save energy...

6. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The MLS All Stars are playing for their lives. I honestly don't think Chelsea gives two shits

7. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    One of those ESPN turds called Chelsea an "inferior quality side"

dumbass

8. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He also call Donavon a great player. :D

9. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i think he means that they can't win a champions league. but yeah they say a lot of stupid shit

10. Al Grito De Guerra

Al Grito De Guerra New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Joizee
    wouldnt it be crazy if the score stood and mls beat chelsea... the americans would get gassed... big heads for everybody... it was a good gol tho.

11. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...no blowout...deserved win i guess...great goal...but you gotta say chelsea took it as a pick up game while mls guys were giving the game of their life...

12. DaMa

DaMa Member

Jun 17, 2002
    New York

Thats why they were pushing Terry up for a last chance at a goal for 15 mins. Thats why they were all yelling and pumping their fists in frustration. Why not just be proud of a successful showing by a concacaf based league that even includes a couple of Mexican players?

13. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I guess bc that league is American (us) and we are from Mexico.

14. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    :D
    ...well represented mls...enough?...

...but what part of what i said wasn't true?...:cool:

...it just sucks when teams dont take you seriously...:mad: ...not only are they not taking the mls seriously but also the fans who went there to see some of the best play against the mls stars...

15. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dont get me wrong here, because the MLS squads performance really amazed me at some of the USMNT players talent, BUT......

Chelsea didnt start playing till the 80+ minute.....

The MLS team was very tough though, hard to break down. they get my props;)

now about that fool alexi lalas, that man is a total idiot! he was rambling about people cheering for an "inferior quality team". he was trying to emphasize the fact that 200million dollars doesnt equate to a better team, that the MLS players are just as good, if not better than say......sheva,lamps, terry........

JC:rolleyes:

16. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Saw this on the bigsoccer main page..thought it was pretty funny, so ill share it with you guys...

17. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dan is Looney!

I was at the game. Skybox, I spent zero dollars all free baby. Chelas United looked okay against a scrappy MLS Sup Pars, but nothing to hang your hat on for either team. It was funny to see that Chelas United fans where way louder than MLSers. When MLSers needed a chant they went to the tried and flimsy "USA USA USA" chant which was funny cause an Irish spring connected with a Canuck/Che to score.

Nice bro.

18. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I just read the bigsoccer blog and Dan Loney was just busting some balls. Nothing Turicato posted was serious. Take out of context, like joe text.

19. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Dan Loney to me is my favorite poster in bigsoccer. Been a fan of his since we used to post in Soccer America. His World Cup blog was freaking hilarious and so was this post and the fact that so many people took it seriously. The funniest poster around IMHO.

By the way, Franco, you should have waited until the result was out.

20. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    CHELSEA ... MLS

Mexico Forum

Candado