Chelsea FC V Fußball-Club Bayern München

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StamfordBridgeLions, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We have loads of pieces in place, but we also have far too many system players going back to Mourinho, Conte, and Sarri that just don't benefit the squad against really good sides. That's a bigger problem for me, but a discussion for another day when I'm not cooking for 3 other people that don't care that Chelsea got walloped by Bayern today.

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    This was a great example of how far we are from a top European club. So far to go.

3. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Less I see of Barkley, the better.

We have a lot of work to do.

4. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    This is all I could think of. We were holding on by our finger nails in the first half. Other than the talent and speed gap, things that concern me:

Tammy’s attitude in the pitch. Does he ever raise his hand and own being a step slow or out of position? Or is it always someone else’s fault?

Handing Jorg the captain’s band ever. He can’t keep his cool, doesn’t work hard on defense, collects too many cards. Was he looking for a game off...or wasn’t he thinking at all (don’t answer that)? Do we have a strong on-the-field leader? Is it really Dave?

Frank’s petulant pretzel pose when things aren’t going our way.

Ross Barkley.

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    TBH, I couldn't tell if it was frustration, not at someone else but at how things were going in general.
    Getting that 2nd card was poor last night. I get that you're frustrated dude but as an older player you need to keep that shit in check.

As you suggest, was he looking for an easy way out of the next tie? I certainly hope not.
    I don't think that was petulance.

I think it was all he could to stop coming onto the pitch and twatting someone :D
    God he was bad last night. I see we had young Gilmore on the bench. I'd have put him on and moved Willian into Ross' position. Something... anything other than what we had out there.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't care so much that we lost. What I care about is that It was a really poor performance. That is the truly irksome takeaway from the game. We need to attract big names in the summer and on that showing against Bayern, why would you want to join the Chelsea? I believe that we are better than our performance against Bayern last night, but without even a glimmer of our potential we really did look irrelevant. Why would any potential signing want to be part of that?

Tammy is a prima dona way too soon. He's not THAT good. Our first summer buy is a first choice world class striker. Tammy the prospect and the sub, the squad player.

Jorg? Well he was playing with passion imho.

Barkley. Goodbye. RLC is so much better than you anyways.

7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    sigh. I hate being right

8. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Every striker is petulant in that regard? Have you seen Giroud? I don't know if Tammy's the answer, but FFS he's been hurt for 2 months and limped off again yesterday.

9. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Finally caught the highlights. The gulf in class was so apparent. But did anyone else have more expectations? This is a well-oiled Bayern team that has been built over the years while we have several has-beens and players just not good enough. Similar to times in 2000s where we used to steamroll small teams in Europe (Drogba, Essien, Lampard, etc), Bayern did the same to us. We are no more than a small team to them. Hopefully we get good players and try to reach their level in a few years.

Separate note, Bayern have a fantastic scouting network. Actual footballing people make decisions and it really reflects on how they are run.

10. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Actually, they hate us, because of 2012 when they had their brand new stadium.

I just hope we can play better in our next meeting. Obviously we are not going to win. But I just hope we can at least show some of our better playing qualities.