Chelsea coverage in USA?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Jed2007, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Jed2007

Jed2007 New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Vancouver, WA
    I just recently moved and have been trying to find a local cable provider for either ChelseaTV or a station that will cover Chelsea games.

I'm located in the Pacific NW and have tried Comcast, DirectTV, and Quest. They all suck, they all don't know who Chelsea is, or apparently the availability of their own options as I had noticed a DirectTV ad some time ago announcing ChelseaTV becoming available soon to their customers. I've talked with 5 different sales "professionals" and none of them have even heard of the channel ChelseaTV.

If anyone here knows of a company to try or where to start looking please post! Thank you Chelsea fans!

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    DirecTV is the same all over the country, I do believe.

Get that installed.

However, you'll have to pay extra to get your football fill in the states.

You'll need to get a package or an upgrade to the 'basic' options to pick up FSC and Gol TV.

Also, you'll need to pay extra to get Setanta.

On Setanta you'll get 'Blues news'...which is Chelsea TV, or part of it.
    Also, they run many airings of Chelsea TV, just not the station itself.

You won't get the Chelsea TV station that is available in the UK.

3. hope chest

hope chest New Member

Jun 4, 2007
    SF East Bay
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    comcast: fsc and goltv. no setanta option, so setanta broadband is the fill-in for $12 a month. fsc & goltv can be added on for $5.

directv: setanta, fsc and goltv available. setanta is a premium channel that costs an extra $15 a month. fsc & goltv are in the sports package and i'm not sure the add-on cost for that.

i personally don't have directv. i have comcast and setanta broadband. between the 2 i don't miss a match. chesea tv isn't available out here yet as far as i know, so the options above are your best bets.

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    DISH also carries fsc & goltv in the sports package and Setanta as a premium add on this year finally, I am quite happy with DISH.

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    if you have a computer with at least DSL connection, then you can watch most of the games for free on this website.

http://www.live-footy.org/

6. Jed2007

Jed2007 New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Vancouver, WA
    You guys are the best, thanks a ton with helping me ask the RIGHT questions to these crackheads.

PS - On the subject of watching games from the net, I say give me ChelseaTV or give me death...thanks though.