Chelsea cause transfer nightmares!!!

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by RedFriday, Jul 12, 2005.

1. RedFriday

RedFriday New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Is it me or are Chelsea the footballing equivalent of a very small spoilt child with a large box of toys. You know the kind of kid that want's to play with every toy YOU pick up rather than playing happily with their own?

I give you Robben, obi Mikel, Ballack, Essien etc...

Surely a better strategy for Utd, Real, Barcelona etc... would be to bid put phoney bids on every half decent player in the world, let Chelsea follow us and then pull out ;) That might eat into Romans 6 billion quid!

Or how about Chelsea buy every player in the world and then rent them out that way they can keep who they like.

They would be the Football equivalent of Blockbuster Video ;)

2. blackpool fc mark

blackpool fc mark New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    BLACKPOOL
    Whats your problem, the top clubs are always going to compete for the same players, it sounds like you are just bitter that Chelsea can now offer more on the field and finiancially.

Yesterday it was Real Madrid who controlled the market, today its Chelsea, its always going to be this way and has been going on for years.

Robben was offered more money and a superior team to play for than what Utd could offer, if Real Madrid came in and offered more than Chelsea he could of ended up there, its all about money, Essien is fair game, Utd dont have a supreme right to sign him because they noticed him first, i wasnt aware Chelsea were intrested in Ballack, and doubt they ever would be, they dont need him.

However long Chelseas financial dominance continues, as soon as it ends there will be another team to claim top position in the transfer market, its the way it is

3. sportinglisbon1

sportinglisbon1 New Member

Jan 2, 2002
    Mississauga, ON.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The thread creator seems a tad bitter.

4. Crestofthestars

Crestofthestars New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    It is slightly sly the way in which Chelsea seem to try and specifically target United and Arsenal's transfer targets on occassion. As much is the problem that clubs seem to stick £10m on the price whenever Chelsea are even linked to a player. But really I don't have as much of a problem with Chelsea's transfer policy as with where they got the money.
    There was no foul play on the Robben transfer though. We didn't offer enough and two weeks later Chelsea made PSV a proper bid, which was then accepted.

5. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah because Manchester United have never put in rival bids to other clubs, effectively hijacking their transfers. They've never paid more wages than every one else for a player, broken transfer records, tapped up players, stolen youth players from other clubs etc...

Of course now Chelsea are doing it to United, suddenly it's crime of the century.

I despise Chelski's actions over the last 5 years or so, but they are only doing what the likes of Manchester United have done for a fair bit longer. Just with a bigger pool of money.

6. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I seem to remember Man u putting in a larger bid for Alan Sherear after newcastles bid had been accepted...he has some loyalty and to this day you still boo him for rejecting you....POT..KETTLE...BLACK

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Over the last 5 years?

C'mon now, it only seems like Kenyon has been at Chelsea that long ;)

8. RedFriday

RedFriday New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Don't get me started on Kenyon.

Sorry my rant was a tad bitter, I does seem that Kenyon has got the blueprint transfer document from Man Utd and is unpicking and renegotiating the deals as Chelsea transfers. This could be deemed as industrial sabotage. It does seem that everyone we are approaching Chelsea's name immediately follows suit. I know these players are good players but when you see Chelsea looking to sign another creative midfielder it starts to take the piss...

Am I wrong on this or is this happening to other premiership teams and I don't know about it, Liverpool seem to be making decent signings with relatively low opposition.

9. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I included the last few years of Papa Smurf Bates merrily spending them towards a Leeds style debt. All the while sitting smug like he was the dog's b*llocks.

10. Eertamai

Eertamai New Member

Mar 16, 2005
    London
    Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal are the top 3 teams in the country, and pretty much have 3 equal squads of players that are higher than any other team in the Premier League. So to improve their squads there are only certain types of players good enough to do so. All 3 are always going to be interested in the same type of players, so it's not some sort of issue with Chelsea.