Chelsea approached Sir Alex?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by sanariot, Sep 10, 2003.

1. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Point of note

Sir red nose doesn't actually say he was approached and doesn't actually say he declined the offer.

Chelsea are well renowned for non-comment on rumours.

Sounds like a load of media induced bollox to me.

Ranieri on the other hand must be well fed up with all this by now.

3. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Re: Point of note

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that he rejected an approach by Chelsea during the summer.

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/q0484.html

4. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Point of note

I thought it was crap but the no-comment thing did throw me a bit. My favorite part of this article though is the bit at the end where David Gill refers to the Kenyon signing:

It sounds to me like ManUre are getting nervous. It's almost like they're trying to convince themselves that Chelsea are not a threat to them.

5. Veron 101

Veron 101 New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    Dubai
    Sir Alex to Chelsea..

No way....He will never leave United....!And Chelsea dont need him..!

6. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    My apologies to Man U fans, but yesterday, Sir Alex sounded just like the whimpy kid on the playground who fantasized too much.

You know the one, "So what if I didn't get picked to play kickball at recess, a scout from the New York Yankees -- yeah, the NEW YORK YANKEES --saw me playing T-Ball yesterday and they want to give me a billion dollars..."

Just like that poor little kid on the playground who didn't get picked, you feel sorry for him more than anything. I hope his delusions help him maintain his sanity, not ruin it.

7. Luther Blissets

Luther Blissets New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Fergies taking the piss

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's chief dealmaker has denied claims that Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was offered the manager's job at Stamford Bridge.

8. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I take this as a huge complement, SAF reserves his mind games for the team he considers to be the biggest threat to ManU.. recently Arsenal, before that Newcastle.

Just hope we don't fall for it.

9. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States