Chelsea, AC Milan visit the US [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ChopSoccerDude, Jul 12, 2005.

1. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Chelsea arrived yesterday afternoon at Newark Airport...looks like they have their full squad (25 Players) including newly signed Wright-Phillips...

They are scheduled to practice this afternoon at Rutgers University, but I haven't confirmed the time yet...

2. gretsy

gretsy New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Does anyone know when AC Milan will be arriving in Boston and where they are staying?

3. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Darn, can't make it today. Any info. on the practice schedule for tomorrow ?

4. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not sure if they will practice here tomorrow as they are scheduled to play Milan in Boston on the 24th...

When I find out I will post...

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Chelsea take 25 man squad to US

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

José Mourinho’s first team squad for the USA pre-season trip is 25 players. They arrived in New Jersey on Tuesday evening, Wednesday morning UK time, and train for the first time on Wednesday afternoon.

Before that Shaun Wright-Phillips will give his first press conference since joining the club.

The squad is: Cech, Cudicini, Pidgeley; Bridge, Carvalho, Del Horno, Ferreira, Gallas, Gérémi, Huth, Johnson, Terry; Diarra, Gudjohnsen, Jarošik, Lampard, Makelele, Tiago; Cole C, Cole J, Crespo, Drogba, Duff, Robben, and Wright-Phillips.

With Didier Drogba (pictured), Robert Huth and Gérémi all returning to training after their late breaks following international football, the squad is the first complete one of pre-season.

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.as...in+USA&nav=news

----------

you will get to see some great players during the 3 games then.

6. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm still trying to get some tickets to sell @ my store. Contacted Metrostars and they said they'll get back to me.

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    if they don't get back we are going to get pissed, and fired away

by the way the game is on the 31, do you know the time?

8. joejoe3515

joejoe3515 Member

May 2, 2005
    2:30 for the game at Giants stadium.

9. phishnchipz

phishnchipz Member

Jul 22, 2004
    If we get there early will we be able to meet the players?

10. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Update: I will have tickets for this game on sale at the store. Prices are: $40, 50, 65 and 80. Getting some complimentary tickets seems to be be a difficult task: MetroStars rep. mentioned he's having some problems getting tickets for his family members. My last hope will be adidas salesman. JuveLeoRules, your reporter skills on this matter are diminishing :D what's up for next week's schedule? BTW do you know Bob Reasso? Weren't you the one that played soccer at Rutgers Newark?

11. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I know, I have spent to my time arguing with Ferreirajl...

12. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    2 Training sessions at Rutgers yesterday(Thursday) 2 more are on tab for today...I believe the afternoon session is slated for 6:00PM but I can not confirm as of yet...

13. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Milan and Chelsea will also conduct an "open" practice session on the 30th...I believe at Giants Stadium...I belive you will need to purchase tickets to the game in order to get in...

14. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I spoke w/ MetroStars rep. For now I will only have $40 and $50 tickets. :(
    Also, found out Chelsea is staying at the Hilton-Short Hills (very short drive from my house) Anyone up for a visit to the hotel's lobby?

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    too bad the game is a 3pm :(

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    you should have no problem selling the tickets for the game, do you get a 15 percent profit

17. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I wonder when they are leaving for Boston? The Hilton-Short Hills is right around the corner...from me...

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So all I do is show up at Giants stadium with my tickets and I get in?

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    you can go to Pegasus in Newark, Soccerdude will have tickets for sale

20. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No, honestly I get $5 a ticket but I really don't care... I'm just happy people can purchase it at my store. It's more a service to the local community, so instead of them getting tickets thru ticketmaster or at the gates before game time they are assured of the tickets right away. I have 2 sections available for now (139 and 125). Section 139 are $40 tickets and by far the best (5th and 6th rows) because it's near the entrance tunnel. Nice area to get some nice pictures of the players coming out. God willingly, I'll be there. Don't want to miss it. BTW, game time says 2:45.

21. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    they can always buy a favorite Jersey

22. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    maybe you get the rep of the Metrostars to come by the store and make some kind of deals for future games

23. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have tickets for the game, I want to know if you have to buy tickets for the training session also.

24. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Steven Samagaio (the MetroStars rep.) said they were leaving today. Apparently they are driving up this afternoon, by bus I guess. This Tuesday he's supposed to do some translation work at their practice facility as JuveLeoRules correctly mentioned before as being Rutgers University. BTW, Steven mentioned the Short Hills Hilton thing as being off the record. Shhiuu!

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    my son Frank was in Boston all the day, I believe at the Hilton his a architect regional manager for his company, and will be driving in the morning to his brother house in North Adams, Mass
    will be nice if he would stay on the same Hotel of the Chelsea team

how many games are Chelsea playing in the USA?