Spaghetti Weston: McKennie at Juventus

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by hokeydokey, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bra things make me uncomfortable I'll admit. Sure seems they could do the same thing in a different form.

2. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    McKennie obviously knows where to go for his dietary 'cheat day.' :thumbsup:

3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Garters seem a better match for the tall socks.

uniteo and Winoman repped this.
  4. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will, it's just the thing we currently have. Rugby uses a little chip in a pouch on the back of the shirt. It's just what we have for now; I imagine the device will be whittled down to thread sized and fans would never know the difference. Super heartening to see how well respected and loved Wes is in that Juve clip.

5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    7th appearance in the PL. A few more to go.

Not to jinx them but I feel Leeds will survive somehow. The universe isn't so cruel to relegate 3 Yanks on 1 club. Surely, not.

6. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then why did you?

usnroach and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Of course, this being a Big Mac thread, spanx is the obvious answer.

usnroach repped this.
  8. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 more and salvation for a great transfer to be completed on all sides.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The place where he can get pizza with his ranch dressing. :whistling:

10. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sort of curious why he went to Milan as opposed to going straight to Orlando like Aaronson, but he's clearly very well liked by his former teammates.

LouisianaViking07/09 and mattjens repped this.
  11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Free Meal

12. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    He probably was given an extra day off because he will not play versus Grenada but will play versus El Salvador.

13. Numero Dos

Numero Dos Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Could be a physical before he goes on international duty, so there's no question whether an injury occurred while at Leeds or with the US. He's still a Juventus player, after all.

usnroach, luftmensch, Deeneaus and 5 others repped this.
  14. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Does rugby collect full bio-metric data or just field position / distance traveled? My assumption re: the "bras" is that it allowed soccer teams to track heart rate in addition to distance / speed / positioning data from the GPS. Tracking cardio would probably help with "load management" during the course of a season, especially when a player is trying to regain match fitness after an absence.

I used to wear a heart monitor while cycling, but they were straps you'd wear under your jersey and you'd have to be careful to keep the sensor right on top of your heart or you'd get inaccurate readings. I could see how the vertical motion of jumping / jostling with opponents could move that sensor around, so I assumed that the "bras" were designed to keep the sensors in place.

superdave repped this.
  15. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no idea what rugby does or doesn't collect. Point is, we're in the "cellphone the size of a brick" era of those types of monitors and one day soon they'll be so small they won't even be noticeable. It'll be interesting too, to see how to game changes as a result. I wonder too if coaches are able to see real time data and tweak the game plan accordingly.

16. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    I assume they are, I can't remember what match it was, but sometime in the last couple of weeks I caught a shot of the dugout where one of the assistants had a live-feed of the "birds-eye view" camera on a tablet... if they're allowed to use that during a match, I can't imagine FIFA is standing in the way of them using GPS tracking data / biometric data.

I don't doubt that sensors will eventually get the point where they can be woven into the jersey's directly, but I think there's a few more design issues to get over (ex: where does the battery go, what sensors don't require additional parts [apparently in Rugby the trackers include accelerometers to track impact force from tackles], where does the wireless transmitter go, do woven sensors function correctly in rain, etc). I think it's a bit father off than we realize.

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  17. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is what I would say. It's possible he wanted to be there for the guys, but I don't think so. From some of the reporting I saw, It sounds like Wes wanted to leave Juve and he closed that chapter of his career.

18. Papin

Papin BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 19, 1998
    le côté obscur
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did they serve ranch?

20. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
  21. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Is this more so that Weston will cost more than Leeds are willing to spend rather than simply he not being a great permanent addition?

22. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the article is an interesting view of his time at Leeds: "Sent on loan with Leeds this season, McKennie has barely seen the pitch, logging only 580 minutes in the Premiership."

Was this written by ChatGPT or what? In the EPL he's started 6 games and subbed in 2. There have only been 8 games since he's transferred there. He's played every game.

gnk, ChicagoVT, Anderson11 and 8 others repped this.
  24. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems fishy to me. Why would Juve agree to on optional purchase price on a 6 month loan to a team that may get relegated? Best case scenario, he balls out and Leeds get relegated leading to a bidding war (so far, not happening). Worst case scenario, he doesn't make the grade at Leeds and they get relegated (not happening either). So as things stand, Leeds beats the drop and Wes probably comes back to Juve with a lower price and less time before his contract expires.

Not coming after y'all, more at the article(s).

25. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of sports articles are written by/with the help of AI programs. And not even as sophisticated as ChatGPT.