che centrocampo!

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by jpick, Aug 31, 2007.

1. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    pretty interesting that liverani thinks for the next te years italy's midfield is in really good shape with de rossi, aquilani, and montolivo. I agree. it seems to be a golden age for italian midfielders.

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy always produced fantastic defenders and strikers but always decent midfielders. Well for as long as i've been watching the national team anyway. Good to see that the tide is shifting a little

3. avante_ultras

avante_ultras New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    our strikers look like efven betetr shape.

palladino, rossi, pazzini, lupoli, quagliarella

4. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i personally think the midfield looks stronger than them, though certainly those guy shave promise. aquilani, de rossi, and montolivo all 3 could be concurrently three of the top 10-15 midfielders in the world if they develop correctly at some time in the future (well de rossi is already there, but the other two have to grow some more). that is really nice, and if you count rosina as an attacking mid, that is then really looking good, more so than the strikers, imho.

5. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Montolivo, Aquilani, De Rossi, Rosina, Nocerino, Rosi, Donadel....

Needless to say this is a good era for italian midfielders. My sentiment is IT'S ABOUT TIME, because I'm getting really fed up of this long ball passing b.s. when we could be pulling some creative plays from our midfield to our strikers instead!

6. avante_ultras

avante_ultras New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Giovinco(or wtv his name is) from empoli looks really good.

7. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    indeed he has, that should have been a goal when he crossed to pozzi.

8. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Definitely. But is he a natural midfielder? Or is he a deep lying forward?

9. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    probably more so a deep-lying forward, but he can play out wide well, so we'll call him both :p

10. avante_ultras

avante_ultras New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i think hes in the mould of mauri this giovinco

11. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    :rolleyes:

12. forzaitalia06

forzaitalia06 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Giovinco is a trequartista but is mostly played as a wide forward

13. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    That's what I thought. Hence why I don't really look at him as being so much of a midfield as I do the other young midfielders out there.

14. avante_ultras

avante_ultras New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

but u do realize mauri is a natural trequartista right?

(im just wondering cause u keep on talking about him playing on the wings and stuff)

15. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's about frikkin time that our coaches and system are starting o finally GET IT!!!! - that the game of football is won in midfield...i've always said it. A prime example - Brazil, need I say more. Brazil have always if you noticed produced & nurtured brilliant mid field and attacking midfielders. Why do you think their play is so entertaining ( besides skill ). I rest my point a body without a brain is useless and impotent. I think the real and underlying frustrations we have been feeling and thinking throughout our world cup campaigns has been because of this very subtle issue. Our lack of Midfield! Italy have not been playing with great midfield....instead relying on either cantonnaccio or counter attack style of play...which has been disasterous for our nerves and rational. Our midfield has been a wall basically... a wall pushing the ball up and not playing the ball up..this has been for us the killer.

I say...and hope to see now , Italy begin this new era of brilliant & entertaining football we and the world deserve to see and feel. I expect to see Italia to be brilliant and dangerous as ever...a new attitude in progress. A Italy to be feared & respected and most but not least a satisfying feeling of knowing that we are falling " in love " with our game over and over again.

Viva L' Italia!!!

Viva La ROMA!!!