Chattanooga FC

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by El Conductor, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    Over 3,000 showed up last night to watch CFC let in a terribly easy early goal, but stuck around for 4 second half scores as they completely crushed the Silverbacks.

With the win, they return to the top of the table.

Attached Files:

2. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    Bit of a pratfall last night at Fort Finley, as the Georgia Revolution perfectly played the counter against CFC and upended the hosts, 2-4.

Chattanooga FC couldn't do much against the Revs defense and their aggressive formation was often exposed by Georgia's extremely fast counters.

Will provide attendance figures as I find them.

3. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    Wednesday's "away" game vs. the Silverbacks has been moved to the Chattanooga Christian School, about a mile south of Finley Stadium, so this should functionally serve as another home game.

4. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    Still no real details about what happened Wednesday to cause the league to move the game back to Dalton at noon on the day of the match, but the end result would have been the same regardless: called off due to what can only be described as biblical storms.

Tonight, Chattanooga FC welcomes Greenville FC to Finley Stadium and hopefully returns to the top of the table.

5. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018

Chattanooga FC beat Greenville FC 2-1 in their penultimate home game. 3,524 in attendance. NOLA remains at the top of the table by an extremely thin margin (less than .01 points/game).

Last home game is on Wednesday vs. Inter Nashville.

6. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
  7. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
  8. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    The end of a strange journey: the game against the Silverbacks that was originally scheduled to be played in Dalton, then moved to Chattanooga the weekend before, then back to Dalton the day of, only to be rained out, will be played in Atlanta on July 8th. At least as far as anyone knows right now.

https://www.atlantasilverbacksfc.com/update-postponed-match-v-chattanooga-fc/

Worth noting that both teams play on 7th. Hopefully this will only be a concern for Atlanta and that CFC will have had home field advantage for the playoffs wrapped up by then...

9. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    Fallen down on the job here. Chattanooga FC grabbed the Southeastern Conference title last night in McDonough, dominating the Georgia Revolution 3-0.

On a long, storm delayed 4th of July game, they beat Inter Nashville 1-0 at Finley.

This gives them a bye and home field during the Southeastern Conference playoffs.

If Miami FC wins the Sunshine Conference playoffs, CFC would need to travel to Florida, if they're still alive, otherwise, I think the Sunshine winner would have to come to Chattanooga.

After that, the playoffs certainly move west as the Lone Star and Heartland conference champs will undoubtedly have a higher PPG average.

msilverstein47 repped this.
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chattanooga FC‏Verified account @ChattanoogaFC 32m32 minutes ago
    Tomorrow. Our playoff run begins tomorrow. Tell your friends, tell your enemies, tell everyone. We need to pack FORT Finley and support the boys. Link to tickets: https://shop.chattanoogafc.com/collections/matchtickets/products/npsl-southeast-conference-semi-final-1 …pic.twitter.com/WeYKm5eVum

[​IMG]

Expansion Franchise repped this.
  11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    CFC dominated the first half last night in NPSL Southeastern semi-final vs. Georgia Revolution, but could not not get anything past their keeper, who, honestly played a phenomenal game.

Second half was much slower, but the crowd came alive with Juan Hernandez' 73rd minute free kick:

followed by an 89' Joao Costa goal to seal the deal.

Since the June 23rd home loss to the Revolution, they've hung up 5 on them with 2 clean sheets. Impressive coaching right there.

Saturday night, Chattanooga FC hosts the Atlanta Silverbacks. We will also be rooting for the Jacksonville Armada over Miami FC, because if both teams win, I think Chattanooga gets another home playoff game, as CFC is one place higher than the Armada in the power rankings.

msilverstein47 repped this.
  13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PPG decides the host and not power ranking...how has the Chatty attendance looked???

2018 NPSL South Region Playoffs
    • 4 Teams qualify:
      • Heartland Conference Champion
      • Lone Star Conference Champion
      • Southeast Conference Champion
      • Sunshine Conference Champion
    • Teams will be seeded 1-4 by regular season PPG for hosting purposes, but semifinal matchups are set as noted below
    2018 NPSL South Region Semifinals – July 18: Each game hosted by higher seed based on PPG
    Heartland Conference Champion vs Lone Star Conference Champion
    Southeast Conference Champion vs Sunshine Conference Champion

2018 NPSL South Region Final – July 21: Hosted by higher seed
    Highest remaining seed vs Lowest remaining seed

14. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    AFAICT, CFC and Jacksonville have the same PPG, so not sure what the tiebreaker is from there. That's why I used the power rankings.

Probably academic, anyway.

It was a big crowd, still waiting on official numbers.

Barring weather, I expect a very large crowd on Saturday.

15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow...and you have the same GD as well...that is pretty incredible...I'm going to send a tweet to the Armada and see if they respond...

16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chattanooga FC‏Verified account @ChattanoogaFC 37m37 minutes ago
    note about tomorrow’s match:
    We will only be opening the south side of the stadium, so only 10,000 tickets will be issued. Season passes, VIP badges, CFC Academy uniforms, and parking passes are all valid.

17. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    "Only"

18. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    Silverbacks advance on penalties, 6-5.

I'm not generally one to to blame a loss on officiating, but tonight is an exception. An absolutely atrocious night for the referees.

Congratulations to Atlanta, however. Hope you go a long way in the playoffs.

19. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018

5,169 in attendance.

20. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is the video feed saved anywhere? If so, can please post a link to it? I've been a ref since 1984 and would definitely like to take a look

21. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018

To be clear, my complaint is not specifically with the PK decisions, and CFC wasn't super impressive for their own part.

With a night to sleep on it, the more I came to accept the fact that not scoring a goal in regulation* or AET was really why they lost, but it was still a poorly called game.

Case in point, note the position of the AR who called offsides for the lone goal:

1018313718239846400 is not a valid tweet id

But, again. The refs didn't cause the horrible incomplete passes...

22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    due to a power surge which knocked out my internet I only watched the first 70+ minutes and have no questions about any of the 3 potential non PKs in the first half that could have been called for Chatty...there was a very close offside call that went against Chatty that I think was actually onside, I watched it twice and I'm still uncertain about whether offside was the correct call or not. I agree that I saw a ton of bad passes by BOTH teams...lol

23. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    Yeah, it was an ugly game.

24. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC