Charleston vs. Seattle USOC Semi-Final

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mister Obvious, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The club is looking into a couple of different ways of getting a big crowd up there. My vote is train.

2. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Definitely keep me posted on this. If there is ANY way I can make it, I will...

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm down for whatever. I like traveling with a group to things like this makes it even more part of teh atmsophere.

Several guys I worked with over teh years have are now working in the DC area, tehy used to love coming to Battery games and Im sure I can convence them to come to the match.

Mikey

4. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If Charleston wins this game they have every right to claim the best team in the nation, since the USOC is open to all clubs in the US, pro and am.
    Go Battery!

5. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Latest thing, that I've heard, is a possible chartered jet to leave around 2 and come back after the game with bus transportation in DC and a ticket to the game for about $500. Have to get at least 120 to get it confirmed, but can go up to 150. Just another unsubstantiated rumor floating around out there.

6. steve17

steve17 New Member

Apr 15, 2008
    (This is conjecture based on previous prize pay-outs and international standards)

The OPEN CUP would kick Ass, but the BIG pay-off would be getting into the CONCACAF Champions Cup. Pay-outs can be expected to be at least $50K for playing a first-round game to a conservative guess of $400K+ for winning the championship. So, if the Battery make it out of the first or second round, they could expect $200K+ (on top of the US Open pay-out of $100K+).

This is great news for the players! Many of the players may be in for a 50% or 100% (or more!) bonus this year for kicking ass on the field...

Couldn't happen to a better bunch of hard-working, dedicated, talented men...

GO BATTERY!

--Steve