Charleston @ Seattle 8-31 (r)

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Second match of the northwest passage.

Some FYI, Glinton is with T&C trying to win his countries first intenational match and possibly a spot in the Gold Cup

Armstong is supposed to be joining the team in Seattle (the concussions or poss. visa issue?)

Daley is joining the Reggae Boyz after the Seattle match for an international againt Canada.

Waston got his 5th yellow which means he will sit a match, not sure how soon though.

On Settle's side, they have two susupended for yellow card accoumilation. Gregor and O'brien which will hurt their midfield.

Weaver, the rookie sensasion, with a crap load of goals this season, was reported iceing up alot after the last match. not uncommon but is he getting fatigued?

My thoughts. go with a 4-5-1, stuff the midfield and slow down Weaver. Have McKinght play the holding forward and shuffle passes (his distribusion sounded great last night) back to the speedy attacking mids, Daley, Vercollone, Hollingsworth or to the power shooters; Fuller and Lazo. I liked to see Armstong have a repeat of the last time he was injured and came back to the field, Goal.

this could be the match that puts us in the play offs. A win will not only give us 42 points but mor importantly deny Seattle three points.

Kick off at 1000pm EST

follow the audio at www.charlestonbattery.com/webcast.asp or locally on ESPN radio 1430 AM

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Just out of curiosity, what's T&C?

3. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Turks & Caicos

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    thanks

5. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Battery win 2-1

Battery take the lead in the 50 min through Hollingsworth just as I get back in my car after a great Italian meal at Bocci (Tuscan duck for me and Gnocchi and wild mushrooms for the misses)

Seattle evened it up around the 75 min from Sutton

Battery score another last minute goal (in the 89 min) to take back the lead. McKinght heads in a throw in from Karalexis.

this should give the Battery enough points to secure a play off spot. more important to me is a win in the Northwest, after a match last night, without our leading scorer, Gavin Glinton and without team captain Mark Watson.

Last night was the first time we got a point out of the northwest passage and tonight was the first win.

Congrats boys now on to Portland!!!

6. ox utd

ox utd New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    charleston
    Huge win - takes the pressure off now for a playoff spot. Now I just hope we don't "rest" everyone and lose the desire - I'd like us to stay up in the top 3 (top 2 would be fantastic - that bye could be priceless).

7. Duke of Earl

Duke of Earl New Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Lazo and Mark got a full game off. Luke came in late to give some fresh legs down the stretch. Teba came on to give Ian some rest. Hollywood came off in 78-80 min. mark. Lexus and Curran have to be leg weary. A day off will help. Will be tough on Sunday with Glinton and Daley out.

8. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    http://soundercentral.com/gallery/BatsBeatSounders

I think this one best describes the night:

[​IMG]
    All-out Sounders pressure without the results.

Sorry that no Battery goals were captured on camera.
    Both were scored at the far end of the stadium, and our photographer Jenni stands in Section 113 with supporters (other end).

Great job by Dusty and the gutsy Battery defense!